Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbidave View Post
Mike 555 that orginal thread was simply great! It was a real condensed learning tool for me (amazing!) God Bless!
Thank you Rabbidave. I wanted to focus the attention of those who deny that Jesus Christ is God on those particular passages and to compare them with each other. I was hoping to get them to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Jesus had to come to understand that He was the Son of God. He had the Spirit of God but had to become aware of this through His experiences, learnings, upbringing, etc..
I believe you are right .

Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Mt 26:63
The man asked if Jesus ever claimed to be God. So here's the answer.:

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."
Mt 26:64 "Yes, it is as you say,"

Lk 17:16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
Lk 17:17 Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?
Lk 17:18 Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?"

I can find more if the questioner wants. These are just the ones that came to mind immediately. There are more.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM

698 posts, read 648,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Rev. 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Vizio Rev. 1:8 is referring to 'God' because of the distinction in, verse 4 from Lord God, who is and was and is to come….His throne, and from Jesus Christ.

Last edited by kids in america_; 11-16-2012 at 09:42 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
I have asked that only those verses that I posted on the original post be discussed on this thread. I did not want to turn this into yet another debate. My intention was to get people who deny that Jesus Christ is God to focus on just those listed verses and then answer the question I asked.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus Christ is both, Spirit and Man; having two natures.
Of course, we all know which one predominated from the beginning.

"This is my Son in whom I am well pleased, listen to him."
The Bible does not say there are three gods in one person.
Neither does it speak of one god in three persons.

Jesus said, I and My Father Are One [in] Spirit.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Bible does not say there are three gods in one person.
Neither does it speak of one god in three persons.

Jesus said, I and My Father Are One [in] Spirit.
It is interesting that it is wrtten that in the End there will be a great falling away from the Truth, implying that a majority will believe a lie...My question is this:

If one looks at all the Christian denominations in the world, what is the one thing they will state regarding Yeshua?...The majority believe that He is God...And that circle seems to be ever widening along with those that state that we are no longer under Torah, that Yeshua abolished Torah Observance...The minority see Him as One chosen by HaShem to be the Walking Torah...

Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I have asked that only those verses that I posted on the original post be discussed on this thread. I did not want to turn this into yet another debate. My intention was to get people who deny that Jesus Christ is God to focus on just those listed verses and then answer the question I asked.
I would say that your problem is that you are seeing things with a western mindset when you need to look at this with a Hebraic mindset... www.yashanet.com

Old 11-17-2012, 09:36 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
I am in Christ and Christ is in me, but I am not Christ.
Christ is in God and God is in Christ, but Christ is not God.
Christ was with God, in the beginning. He was begotten from God, but not God.
I am a daughter of God, by the Grace of God, not begotten.

This has been my belief since I can remember and I never had a problem with my fellow Christian church members in the rw telling me I could not be a real Christian because of that. I understand that for most here I am not a "real Christian"
but only God sees what is in my heart.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Quote:
Of course he claimed to be God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
Please give me some verses that support this claim.

Quote:
Rev. 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
And How is that Jesus(as) making the claim He is God(swt)?

It is not even a quote of anything Jesus(as) said. It is something plagarized from the Jewish Bahman Yasht by somebody called John, whose identity is still disputed

Quote:
Generally conclude that Revelation was written by an unknown author - perhaps a Jewish Christian whose primary language was Aramaic, near the end of the 1st century CE.

Some have noted that major portions of the text appears to have been adapted from an earlier Jewish Mithraic apocalypse book called 'Bahman Yasht.' 5
SOURCE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity