Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 02:09 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullafaith View Post
Yes but no one understood He was speaking of God’s word. It is hidden in His words. The blood and the flesh are God’s word.
So, even though Peter was confused, Jesus told him, “Feed my sheep.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 04:31 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
Does that mean virgins can't be gay because they have not had any sex?
I see all these teens who say they are gay but they are virgins.
Gay thoughts = Lust

Lust is a sin. If it’s in your head, it’s in your heart.

Lust comes in many forms.

Old 09-18-2023, 07:21 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Paul was a sinner, not inspired and totally wrong.
If you want to be taken seriously, don't attack God's Inspired Word.
Quote:
“Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood shall live forever and I shall honor him on the last day.”

“My flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.”

True food and honest drink equals God’s word. His flesh and blood are God’s word not red blood and human meat.
What in the world are you talking about?

Old 09-18-2023, 06:09 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullafaith
Paul was a sinner, not inspired and totally wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If you want to be taken seriously, don't attack God's Inspired Word
You know, BF, at times when "I" respond to some of these type threads I feel that "I" may be inspired by God to do so. And I don't mean that in a boastful way. I'm sure that so do other contributors to the Christian/Religion subforums.

So, tell me, BF ...why would Paul have been more inspired by God than are others who contribute to these forum threads? Is the difference based solely on the fact that 'someone' chose to collate Paul's letters and include them in the New Testament? Was that 'someone' ALSO inspired by God to take Paul's letters and include them in the New Testament?

What if 'someone' should come along in the future and collate the post offerings of some of us and include them in a book touted to be 'inspired by God'? Would this be sufficient enough evidence that such posts ARE inspired by God and are therefore to be believed as such by future BF's?

Old 09-18-2023, 06:55 PM

84 posts, read 17,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post
So, even though Peter was confused, Jesus told him, “Feed my sheep.”
Jesus was setting up the return of the son of man, the prophets.

Those who feed the sheep do so as Jesus and the prophets before Him did, with God’s word.

Peter failed to do as Jesus instructed but Jesus knew He would that is why Jesus said Elijah would truly come and restore everything. Jesus was not really speaking to the eleven but to future followers. Those who would actually walk as He did and speak what He did.

Jesus said He came to bring His sheep life to the fullest. He described life as God’s word.

“I came so my sheep would have life.”

“The words I spoke to you are Spirit and LIFE.”

Old 09-18-2023, 06:59 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Jesus was setting up the return of the son of man, the prophets.

Those who feed the sheep do so as Jesus and the prophets before Him did, with God’s word.

Peter failed to do as Jesus instructed but Jesus knew He would that is why Jesus said Elijah would truly come and restore everything. Jesus was not really speaking to the eleven but to future followers. Those who would actually walk as He did and speak what He did.

Jesus said He came to bring His sheep life to the fullest. He described life as God’s word.

“I came so my sheep would have life.”

“The words I spoke to you are Spirit and LIFE.”
Does Peter have life, like you?

Old 09-18-2023, 09:22 PM

84 posts, read 17,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post
Does Peter have life, like you?
No. Peter never gained eternal life.

Old 09-19-2023, 01:55 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Is he bi or was he experimenting for some reason?
Did you ask him what he thinks he is? Does it even matter what he is? Seems to me he'd be the one to ask.
No. I think he was just experimenting,but claims he is not attracted to men.

To be fair to him,it was a,I do not know the correct term to use,but it was a man that presented as a woman. But still had male parts.

Old 09-19-2023, 06:29 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
You know, BF, at times when "I" respond to some of these type threads I feel that "I" may be inspired by God to do so. And I don't mean that in a boastful way. I'm sure that so do other contributors to the Christian/Religion subforums.

So, tell me, BF ...why would Paul have been more inspired by God than are others who contribute to these forum threads? Is the difference based solely on the fact that 'someone' chose to collate Paul's letters and include them in the New Testament? Was that 'someone' ALSO inspired by God to take Paul's letters and include them in the New Testament?

Congrats. It takes some chutzpah to claim to be able to speak with the same authority as the apostles did 2000 years ago.

He was an apostle. He had seen the risen Christ. He was commissioned by Christ as a messenger. He wasn't just inspired. His words are Inspired. They are God-breathed. You? I see no reason to believe whatsoever that you're speaking the Word of God. Especially in light of the fact that you have directly contradicted what God has said.

Quote:
What if 'someone' should come along in the future and collate the post offerings of some of us and include them in a book touted to be 'inspired by God'? Would this be sufficient enough evidence that such posts ARE inspired by God and are therefore to be believed as such by future BF's?
If they contradict the Word of God, meaning what God has already spoken through his apostles and prophets, then they are wrong.

Old 03-01-2024, 01:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Sex outside of marriage is wrong, period....no matter what gender you are. The Bible does not recognize "orientation"....just sin. If you do the deed, you're sinning.
How is sex outside of marriage sin? Where does it state this and are there examples?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity