Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 03:18 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,832,678 times

Advertisements

Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
Does that mean virgins can't be gay because they have not had any sex?
I see all these teens who say they are gay but they are virgins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 04:26 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
Mat 5:27 You have heard that it was said to the ancients: "Do not commit adultery." Ex. 20:14; Deut. 5:18
Mat 5:28 But I say to you, Everyone looking at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I ould say that in the eyes of HaShem, yes, however, sin is disobeidience to the Law of HaShem...Now can we take the above verse and apply it as a template to all other sins?...I am not sure that is what Yeshua meant...Mathew is chock full of Hebraic Idioms...We are all slaves to sin including you...However, my sins are not your sins as your sins are not my sins...HaShem does not put sin into levels of severety as we humans do...They are even right accross the board...Telling a falsehood against your neighbor is just as severe as murdering your neighbor...

I would have to say that for many the act of homosexuality is the pleasure of the act itself because it is taboo in most cultures, it is also different from the heterosexual act, so that makes it exciting...Kinda like drugs, always looking for the next bigger high, so one goes onto stronger drugs because the one has no self-control...

Many start out hetero, get board, move onto the kinky, get board, then try something new to them like having sex with the same sex..Most are deluded by HaSatan in this world that He has convinced them that it has to be normal and from birth...Little do they realize that it is our sin nature that is from birth and throughout life we either learn self-control and to shun sin or we embrass it and go deeper into it, this is called a reprobate mind, when one has no conscience of their sin...No one is as bad as they could be and no one is as good as they should be...It is different for everyone..It is the type of sin one decides to embrass, so one could be a thief and another a liar...It is all disobeidience to the Law of HaShem (Torah)...

Old 11-22-2012, 07:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:

I'm confused.
It's the development of your brain while you were still in the uterus that makes you straight/gay/bi etc.

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

and:

PET and MRI show differences in cerebral asymmetry and functional connectivity between homo- and heterosexual subjects
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20...66105.abstract

Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,387 times
Quote:

Man would say, …”as long as one isn’t making their thought an action, it’s NOT a sin.” But what man believe to be right, can cause one to be destroyed ,(Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death). Jehovah God, Jesus and ALL Heavenly being, knows if it’s even on one’s mind, it’s already a sin. Meaning one is basically doing it. God’s words shows if one even think of cheating on a spouse, he’s already committed the act of adultery ,(Matt. 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart).Again, what many wants to believe is right, can lead to their destruction.
Every spirit being, be-it good or bad, knows thoughts can turn into actions. Like the wicked angel, he obviously pondered so much on wanting Jehovah Gods Glory , (Ezek.28:14-16). That he decided to do something about it. This is when he lied to eve about God, (Gen.3:1-5). so Don’t let anyone cause you destruction, from teaching a lie. Jehovah God’s words from Jesus gave you the answer. And if someone say to you,…”but it’s referring to marriage.” this is when commosense kicks in, The point is, if one is having appealing thoughts of being gay, which is an abomination to God. As Jesus showed, one’s already committing the act. That person needs to pray to Jehovah God in Jesus name, for help in removing those thought, so that it won’t turn into an actual action. peace

Old 11-22-2012, 11:42 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:

I'm confused.
Sex outside of marriage is wrong, period....no matter what gender you are. The Bible does not recognize "orientation"....just sin. If you do the deed, you're sinning.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:59 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,649,652 times
Quote:

I'm confused.
As it was already pointed out, Matthew 5 tells us that even a lustful thought of another person is sin. If you've already thought it, you've as much as done it. (This alone shows us our great need for a Savior.)

The thoughts will eventually lead to action. LUST = the appetite of demons expressed through humans.

When you start asking questions like "Does a person have to actually DO this or that to be this or that?" or "How far can a Christian go before they're actually in sin..." then there's already a problem. The person knows what they're doing is wrong and is already in sin because they've played out the sin in their mind.

The "Christian point of view" on this subject can only be summed-up one way and that's strictly through the scriptures. The rest is merely man's opinion. Scripture says that homosexuality is a sin and an abomination. (Just like lying and stealing are sins. There are no degrees of sin. None are "better or worse than others.")

If you are counseling people who are wondering if the homosexual thoughts they're having mean that they're gay, the answer is this:

"I don't know the answer to that. But I do know that you're on thin ice if you're playing around with semantics like 'how far can I go before...' God says that homosexuality is a sin and that homosexuals are among those who won't enter the kingdom of God. You can't justify your sins before God. I would strongly suggest you read through the scriptures (giving them the ones referring to homosexuality and the penalty for sin) and ask God to help you understand before your thoughts turn into actions. This isn't a light matter. Your eternity is at stake. Seek God and ask Him to show you the truth. If you truly seek Him, He will reveal Himself to you."

And then pray for them and be there to guide and counsel them.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:43 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
For the Christian point of view , for the Bible in 2 Corinthians 10: 3-5...``For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh....For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds...Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge to captivity ever thought to the obedience of Christ`....... See Christians resist speaking curses , sickness and sin , and if thoughts come then we are called to caste down the authority of dark spirits through Jesus Blood to be redeemed of these sin which go against the will of God .... So If you get sin ideas in your mind then rebuke the spirit who brought it to you through Jesus name , and ask Jesus Holy Spirit to discern these spirit that are not of God and His authority ....

Old 11-22-2012, 05:31 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,649,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Wayne View Post
If you think about killing someone are you a murderer? If you think about robbing a bank does that make you a thief? While thinking about a sin such as killing or robbing or homosexual act's is wrong in itself I don't think it makes you that sin.
Your post is exactly the evidence to show why every single person needs salvation through Jesus, and that it's not dependent upon being a "good person."

You said, "I don't think it makes you that sin." It doesn't matter what any of us thinks. It's about what God says that matters. I may not think a 55mph speed limit is right but that won't change the law and I'll get a ticket if I go over the speed limit. This is how people piece together their own false religion and call it "Christianity", by picking and choosing what they like and throwing out what they don't like.

1 John 3:15 says, "Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him."

The Bible doesn't say anything about thinking about stealing making you a thief. It does, however, show that the heart is wicked and can't be trusted. So, thinking about stealing does prove the actual condition of a person's heart.

Jeremiah 17:9-10, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind. Even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings."

Mark 7:20-22, "And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness."

Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:

I'm confused.
Sexual Orientation (Gay, Straight, Bisexual) is based solely on attractions. That is the scientific basis of it. Christianity's view is irrelevant, because sexual orientation was not discovered until 1900 years after Christianity began, and the only people who will claim it's behavior are those who have no clue about what sexual orientation is (i.e. religious extremists).

Old 11-23-2012, 01:36 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,832,678 times
As far as gay thoughts,if someone is even thinking about having sex with another one,whether male or female,its still a sin in God's eyes?

What about people who "commit sin spontaneously"?
For instance,I speed at 70mph in a 50 mph zone but at the time,my mind was somewhere else,maybe thinking about my job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity