Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 04:52 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
I don't know anything about Exodus International. I do, however, know of former homosexuals who have complete victory of that sin. I can only reiterate Point #6 in my original post: "6. Just as any sin can be forgiven, God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation. (1 Corinthians 6:11, 2 Corinthians 5:17, and Philippians 4:13.)"

Yes, I supposed they would feel pressured to lie. Is that from God? No. That pressure comes from themselves, their sin and other people. It doesn't come from God (who promises forgiveness and victory over sin) or the scriptures. It sounds like these people are looking to others for acceptance and assurance instead of looking to God and what His word says. That's where they're going wrong. People are fallible. God isn't.
Amen....

When I read the rebuttals to your post... King Saul came to my mind !
As it is recorded in the scripture in how he listen to the people and turned from God and became a people pleaser rather then listening and obeying God ! And look where and how his life ended up !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not all gays find the opposite sex repulsive. They just feel no arousal, or "butterfly" feelings when thinking about the opposite sex. It shouldn't be that hard to grasp. What do you feel when you see a good looking person of the same-sex? Do you feel aroused, excited, interested? Whatever that feeling is, imagine the opposite and you have gay people.

Moderator cut: Orphaned

It's not a bad thing to be stupid on occasion. Other occasions I am utterly brilliant...It is because I am a speculator...I speculate..take all into consideration. Once in a while by not having a fixed way of thinking...I am lucky to come up with the ultimate truth and reality. If you think in politically correct ways only...You become institutionalized and there is no intellectual progress...as for gay brains being different at birth- EVERY human brain is different at birth and for life...Like finger prints...I just can't go for the idea that so-called gay people are all the same and that it is never a choice ...of course there must be some that decide on this way of living...the word "orientation" - what does that mean?

Last edited by june 7th; 11-26-2012 at 08:32 PM..

Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,278 times
do you actually have to drink to be an alcoholic?
do you have to act depressed to actually be depressed?

you don't have to have gay sex to be gay. You just have to be attracted to the same sex. If you think about having same sex intercourse while masturbating than you're gay or at least BI. It's not a big deal as about 1 in 10 people fall into one of those category's.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Wayne View Post
Well let's just say if you think about having sexual intercourse with someone other than your wife if your a man or other than your husband if your a woman then you sin.

Those who actually commit the sin are sinners. It's a choice and God is not the author of the sin.
It's a choice to have gay sex but it's not a choice to think about it or desire it. people that are gay that choose not have gay relations live a horrible existence. God wouldn't have created gay people if he had a problem with it IMO

Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
When I read this post... Pat Robertson came to my mind ! (rimshot)
Eh, he sounds more like Fred Phelps to me. Although both are vile, so guess Robertson works too.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's not a bad thing to be stupid on occasion. Other occasions I am utterly brilliant...It is because I am a speculator...I speculate..take all into consideration. Once in a while by not having a fixed way of thinking...I am lucky to come up with the ultimate truth and reality. If you think in politically correct ways only...You become institutionalized and there is no intellectual progress...as for gay brains being different at birth- EVERY human brain is different at birth and for life...Like finger prints...I just can't go for the idea that so-called gay people are all the same and that it is never a choice ...of course there must be some that decide on this way of living...the word "orientation" - what does that mean?
Why do you assume it's a choice? What are you basing that on? By your logic, all straight people can choose to be gay. Have you ever tried? I don't know a single straight person that is capable of feeling the level of attraction to the same-sex as they do as the opposite sex. You can't force attractions. Why do some people like blondes more than brunettes? Why do some people prefer ethnic skin types over white?

Maybe on whatever planet you guys live on, things work differently, but I've never in my life made a conscious choice to find someone attractive. They either are, or they aren't. It's not something I can control. The only control I have is whether I physically approach them to get to know them further.

A gay man cannot find a woman attractive in the way a straight man can. Sure, he might appreciate that she is pretty for a woman, but he won't get aroused. Sex won't come to his mind. He doesn't imagine kissing her. There is no chemistry, no spark. He views her as he would a piece of artwork or just another human being. If you can't understand how that is all controlled by brain wiring and chemistry, I don't know what to tell you, you're obviously never going to get it.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
do you actually have to drink to be an alcoholic?
do you have to act depressed to actually be depressed?

you don't have to have gay sex to be gay. You just have to be attracted to the same sex. If you think about having same sex intercourse while masturbating than you're gay or at least BI. It's not a big deal as about 1 in 10 people fall into one of those category's.
That is a lot of crap. One in ten are gay? Give me a break..to inflate the stats gives the people the impression of acceptability and normalization. It might be one out of every two hundred if that. Thinking something does not make things so...I could think that the long dead Marlin Monroe is going to crawl out of her casket and kiss me on the lips...I can think that but it ain't gonna happen...Or to have a murderous thought..and we have all had them does not make for a murderer.

One of my youngest son's friends once commented in jest that when he masturbates he thinks of his best friends...who are male...He is a young married guy and a bit of a loose eccentric..classically raised by a single liberal mother...He's not gay- he is just an anything goes jerk..The guy has no moral standards what so ever. He put on an event to raise money for Haitians in need...They raised the money- and kept it...some people were brought up not to understand or care if something is right or wrong...They have no concept of morality or honor- they don't know about it- they don't care about it...This is a new breed of jerk who would screw the tail pipe of a luxury car while sniffing dirty socks..

Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 PM

167 posts, read 179,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
Does that mean virgins can't be gay because they have not had any sex?
I see all these teens who say they are gay but they are virgins.
Being homosexual means that you are inclined to be attracted to the same sex. A homosexual act is just that, action or acting upon that desire. Some people engage in homosexual acts without being inclined, out of necessity or for power. Some people, such as myself, are formerly practicing homosexuals like Paul referred to at 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

Due to my Bible beliefs I no longer engage in homosexual acts, but I'm still homosexual.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That is a lot of crap. One in ten are gay? Give me a break..to inflate the stats gives the people the impression of acceptability and normalization. It might be one out of every two hundred if that. Thinking something does not make things so...I could think that the long dead Marlin Monroe is going to crawl out of her casket and kiss me on the lips...I can think that but it ain't gonna happen...Or to have a murderous thought..and we have all had them does not make for a murderer.

One of my youngest son's friends once commented in jest that when he masturbates he thinks of his best friends...who are male...He is a young married guy and a bit of a loose eccentric..classically raised by a single liberal mother...He's not gay- he is just an anything goes jerk..The guy has no moral standards what so ever. He put on an event to raise money for Haitians in need...They raised the money- and kept it...some people were brought up not to understand or care if something is right or wrong...They have no concept of morality or honor- they don't know about it- they don't care about it...This is a new breed of jerk who would screw the tail pipe of a luxury car while sniffing dirty socks..
What is your point? So this guy was kidding around about who he masturbates to. So? What does this have to do with anything. And who is this "we" you are referring to regarding "murderous thoughts"? I can tell you I for one have never contemplated or given thought to actually murdering someone.....

Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
You are right. Sexual orientation goes much deeper than the physical act. That is why I was careful to point out that self effort, repression, or denial will not change anyone and that goes for heterosexuals also who sin in other ways such as commit fornication, adultery, murder, steal or are just plain unloving. I don't go around making a point of condemning in your face or expecting people to change without the Power of the Gospel.

There is good in everyone. All that is good about any gay or heterosexual comes from God because man without The Tree of Life still can and does eat from the The Tree of the Knowlege of Good and Evil. So in all there is some good but tainted with evil that weighs down the spirit. But God has a higher goodness reserved for those who want to eat of the Fruit that comes only from The Tree of Eternal Life. He being the creator of life knows for sure what life should be like but it is not because mankind rejects the Annointed One. But to those who do receive, they can attest to the Truth that to them belongs the Power and Glory forever as a free gift.

The same God who can change the caterpillar into an entirerly differant creature is the only one who can change the heart of anyone whether gay or heterosexual. But one must want that change and go to Christ for it not man. The person who posted the topic asked a question and I tried to answer it according to how God see things not how doctors of social behavior see things. It is written, "With man nothing is posible but with God all things are possible." Man as you know, has opinions to no end, but in Christ only is the Way, the Truth and Eternal Life.
Did you see my link to the recent study by Christian evangelical psychologists? The study was with evangelical Christian gay and lesbian people who had married people of the opposite sex. If anyone was motivated to change their orientation it would be these people. But the facts are, the study found that they do NOT change their orientation. Innate sexual orientation is not something that can be changed. This is backed up by over 60 years of studies and research. Back in the 1950's, 60's, the medical profession even tried lobotomies, castration, chemical castration, electroconvulsive shock therapy etc and no-one ever changed their sexual orientation.

Sexual orientation is determined when the fetal brain is still developing in the womb.

If you can show me an amputee who successfully prayed to have their legs grow back, then I might believe that it's possible to change a person's sexual orientation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity