Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM

167 posts, read 179,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I am finding Truth through logic and reason coupled with linguistic studies...I am formulating that Yeshua never claimed to be HaShem...Taking into account Isaiah 7:14-16:

Isa 7:14 So, The Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold! The virgin will conceive and will bring forth a son; and she shall call His name Immanuel.
Isa 7:15 He shall eat curds and honey until He knows to refuse the evil and choose the good.
Isa 7:16 For before the boy shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you hate will be forsaken before both her kings.

Heb 5:5 So also the Christ has not glorified Himself to become a high priest, but He speaking to Him, "You are My Son; today I have begotten You." Psa. 2:7

Psa 2:1 Why have the nations raged and the peoples are meditating on vanity?
Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves; yea, the rulers have plotted together against Jehovah and His Anointed, saying,
Psa 2:3 We will break their bands in two, and throw off their cords from us.
Psa 2:4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall mock at them.
Psa 2:5 Then He will speak to them in His anger, and He will terrify them in His wrath;
Psa 2:6 Yea, I have set My king on My holy mount on Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare concerning the statute of Jehovah: He said to Me, You are My Son. Today I have begotten You.
Psa 2:8 Ask of Me, and I will give the nations as Your inheritance; and the uttermost parts of the earth as Your possession.
Psa 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Psa 2:10 Now, then, be wise, O kings; be taught, O judges of the earth:
Psa 2:11 Serve Jehovah with fear; yea, rejoice with trembling.
Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Oh the blessings of all those who flee to Him for refuge!

As He also says in another place, "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek," Psa. 110:4

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. A declaration of Jehovah to my Lord: Sit at My right hand, until I place Your enemies as Your footstool.
Psa 110:2 Jehovah shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion to rule in the midst of Your enemies.
Psa 110:3 Your people shall have willingness in the day of Your might; in the majesties of holiness; from the womb of the dawn, to You is the dew of Your youth.
Psa 110:4 Jehovah has sworn and will not repent: You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
Psa 110:5 The Lord at Your right hand shatters kings in the day of His anger.
Psa 110:6 He shall judge among the nations; He shall fill with dead bodies; He shall shatter heads over much land.
Psa 110:7 He shall drink out of the torrent on the way; therefore, He shall lift up the head.

My question here is, that many use this verse to mean a prophesy of Yeshua, now if Yeshua is HaShem in the flesh, then why would He need to refuse the evil and choose the good?...I think that He did in fact follow that line of thought there and finally at the day of His baptism in the River Jordan, when Ruach HaKodesh came on Him, and HaShem stated that He was His Son, I beieve at that moment Yeshua became born from above, the first born of many, as it is stated elsewhere...And it is written that we have the right, through Him, to become the children of HaShem...How does one become a child of HaShem?...By being born from above...And how does one become born from above?...By the work of Ruach HaKodesh, just as Yeshua was, and therefore became the First Born of the New Covenant...
Speak English. Yeshua is Jesus. Hashem? Is that Jashen, the Gizonite? (2 Samuel 23:32 / 1 Chronicles 11:34)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 03:32 PM

666 posts, read 1,291,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
Does that mean virgins can't be gay because they have not had any sex?
I see all these teens who say they are gay but they are virgins.
The Relationships forum (I was there yesterday basically for the first time and I am not planning to post there anymore) is full of do***bags.

Now, let me give you my opinion. Homosexuality does not happen when you have sex with a same-gender, nor heterosexuality happens when sex is done with an opposite gender person.

Homosexuality is the sexual attraction to a person of the same sex: when you see someone attractive of your same gender, you feel a sexual reaction, be it a desire to be with that person sexually, a mental fantasy, or nervous, as examples. If you feel that, you are homosexual.

The good news is that does not make you a bad person nor condemns you to hell, like some Christians believe, since homosexuality is not a choice. You cannot stop homosexuality or any other sexual orientation from manifesting in you, even if you hold it your mind still will make sure your homosexuality is assured. So my recommendation is that if you or anyone you know has this, better accept that and look for information from unbiased and professional people who will help you be what makes you happy.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theist View Post
Speak English. Yeshua is Jesus. Hashem? Is that Jashen, the Gizonite? (2 Samuel 23:32 / 1 Chronicles 11:34)
HaShem is a name for God in Judaism.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM

5 posts, read 4,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
HaShem is a name for God in Judaism.
HaShem is not a name. It means "the Name". It is used instead of God's real name in conversation by many Jewish people.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 PM

167 posts, read 179,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' Thru View Post
HaShem is not a name. It means "the Name". It is used instead of God's real name in conversation by many Jewish people.
Yes . . . and because . . . the Sopherim . . . replaced the tetragrammaton יהוה with the generic term for LORD, adonai . . . It reminds me of the Monty Python film Life Of Brian.

How could it get any worse?! JEHOVAH! JEHOVAH! JEHOVAH!

Religious superstition. Bah . . . speak English.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' Thru View Post
I know what it means, I meant by "name" it's something Jews call God. It most commonly replaces Adonai in conversation, since Adonai is used in prayer.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Does having thoughts of being an astronaut make one an astronaut?
No,I guess not.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM

Ok,I'm going to throw a wrench in here but...

Someone said all gay people feel like they want to be the opposite sex.
That isn't true. I know gay men who like being men.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theist View Post
Being homosexual means that you are inclined to be attracted to the same sex. A homosexual act is just that, action or acting upon that desire. Some people engage in homosexual acts without being inclined, out of necessity or for power. Some people, such as myself, are formerly practicing homosexuals like Paul referred to at 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

Due to my Bible beliefs I no longer engage in homosexual acts, but I'm still homosexual.
Ok,so you are homosexual,but don't desire the same sex anymore?

Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
why is this in a christianity forum--and what does sexual preferance have to do with being christian????????
I want to know if I'm sinning,and what constitutes a sin,actions or thoughts?
Why wouldn't this be in a Christian forum??????

You do realize lots of people struggle with this everyday?
This is one of the reasons Christianity is fragmented?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity