Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 10:07 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Cmon does this really belong in the Christianity forum?
For the last time,yes it does.

Can you answer the question in the OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 10:17 PM

167 posts, read 179,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
For the last time,yes it does.

Can you answer the question in the OP?
I can't even remember the question in the OP. But for Dan, I would say. The Israelites were surrounded by the homosexuality.

Men, Dapper Dan, have always liked placing their naughty bit in places it doesn't belong but feels really good.

What are you going to do.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theist View Post
The Israelites were surrounded by the homosexuality.
No they weren't. Gays make up no more than 5% of the human population, and that has been consistent for all of human history. The Israelites were surrounded by heterosexuality.

You definitely have a strong case of internalized homophobia.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Ok,I'm going to throw a wrench in here but...

Someone said all gay people feel like they want to be the opposite sex.
That isn't true. I know gay men who like being men.
Most gay men have no strong desire to be the opposite sex. That refers to gender identity, which is not the same as sexual orientation.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 891 times
I can't speak for all Christians, but as far as Catholic Christianity is concerned, homosexual sex is a sin (defined as an action contrary to the design of God and Nature) because it has no possibility of leading to procreation, which is what the Church believes sex is ultimately designed to do, a three-fold purpose: 1) Unite a man and women in monogamous love 2) Procreation of and raising of children 3) Further solidify that bond to encourage conditions 1 and 2 over a lifetime.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
Does that mean virgins can't be gay because they have not had any sex?
I see all these teens who say they are gay but they are virgins.
If lusting in one's heart is committing adultery...

Can a heterosexual be heterosexual and still be a virgin?

Old 12-04-2014, 10:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
I want to know if I'm sinning,and what constitutes a sin,actions or thoughts?
Why wouldn't this be in a Christian forum??????

You do realize lots of people struggle with this everyday?
This is one of the reasons Christianity is fragmented?
Doesn't the Holy Spirit play a role in identifying our sins? Sometimes we spend way too much time trying to define what is a sin and what isn't. And just when we think we have the answer, we want to force everyone else to accept our version.
Could it possibly be that what is a sin for one is NOT a sin for another?

CUE THE CRIES OF HERESY....

If I drink,lets say soda. While I may drink 1 soda a day, it is not a problem.
Now if my neighbor drinks 40 sodas a day, that may very well be a problem and could be a "sin" in their world as the consumption of soda is controlling their life.

I might remind my neighbor that drinking soda in that quantity could very well have a negative affect on their life, but should I run on over to the government have ask them to pass a law to stop my neighbor from drinking gallons of soda with caramel and red dye #7?

NYET! Just like I, my neighbor has a CHOICE as long as they are not forcing another to participate in their "sin," who but God has the right to stop them?

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 12-04-2014 at 11:08 AM..

Old 12-04-2014, 11:06 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
It's pretty simple. If you're romantically and sexually attracted only to members of the same sex, then you're gay. If you're romantically and sexually attracted only to members of the opposite sex, then you're straight. If you're romantically and sexually attracted to both sexes, then you're bisexual.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:08 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,101 times
Quote:
Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?
I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view.
From the Christian point of view, it is the action itself that matters more than
merely dealing with temptations.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:20 PM

1,100 posts, read 796,094 times
Quote:

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
Does that mean virgins can't be gay because they have not had any sex?
I see all these teens who say they are gay but they are virgins.
Although there is a verse that testify that if a man lust after a woman, he has committed adultery already in his heart and many believers attest that to be the thought itself is sin enough, but not so.

Sinners get random sinful thoughts all the time, but they do not act on every thought that comes into their heads; that would make them no more than animals in all respect; and yes, some sinners have degraded to such a point that they live and react like mere brutes.

So there is a difference between having a lustful thought where the sinner is in the throes of lusting as in, seeing whom he or she desires and is planning on having sexual relations with said person before the sinful act is committed is the sin itself..... whereas having a random sinful thought does not necessarily mean the sinner is in the process of carrying it out.

Believers as well as sinners may have thoughts as well as anger to want to kill someone, but that does not mean he is intending to carry it out nor does it mean that he or she is a murderer for being angry enough to want to kill someone. It is a temptation that not all sinners & believers give in to.

Some believers are on guard against random thoughts and strange bodily impulses that was never there before to begin with, but is present because he or she had been sowing to the works of the flesh like lusting and then find urges for the same sex that wasn't even there before.

Sometimes believers will wake up to what they are doing to themselves and lean on Christ for help to stop lusting and get rid of those things that causes them to lust or feed lust and then make no more provision for the flesh to fulfill the lust thereof.

A virgin is a virgin when they had no physical sexual relations with another person in "knowing" the other person in that way.

As for christian virgins that "think" they are gay, they should wake up to the fact that the only reason they have a reprobate mind in thinking gay thoughts & having these urges is because they allow the lust of the flsh, the lust of the eye, and the pride of life that causes them to worship the creatire more than the Creator.

Masturbation which is man's word for the act described in the work of the flesh called uncleanness in the Bible is also an infirmity in the flesh that believers need Jesus Christ for to break its power over their lives.

Lasciviousness which is sexual excessiveness is also something that dominates the mind of individuals that need His help to cast those imaginations down and set their minds on good things.

In a society that hypes sex appeal and public approval, the pride of life does indeed become a snare, and yet we are not to judge people by their outward appearances but by their words and actions to love one another equally without favoritism... to treat others as we want others to treat us.

Lust is not love and nor can it ever be love, because lust serves self; whereas love seeks the good of the other, but both sinners & believers need Jesus's hgelp and wisdom to see that truth so as to see their need for Him to be set free from its sinful power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity