Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 AM

398 posts, read 545,701 times

Advertisements

I thought Jesus was pretty clear about all of this. How come you folks have to constantly go to these post-crucifiction spin-doctors for some special hocus-pocus?

FWIW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What was "The fruit" in the life of the thief on the cross beside the Lord?
Ya know....thats a very interesting question.

If you know anything about the time of Jesus you at least know that being a person who lived by thievery was pretty much the scum of the Earth. The "good thief" knew what he was and the only thing he asked was for Jesus to keep him in mind after they died. Based on what Jesus said we know that this thief is the only person in history who actually made it into the Kingdom-----and after a lifetime of being a dirtbag.

Personally I think that speaks volumes about the nature of Jesus AND the nature of God.

FWIW.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 AM

351 posts, read 355,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
My test is simple:
Do you believe God when He says Christ died for our sins? Yes ____ No _____

Do you believe 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Yes _____ No _____

It's that simple. Either you believe or your don't.
Hi Eusebius I have a question for you. Do you believe Jesus died for you or not? Many Christians say they believe that, but when questioned a little more they say, Well his spirit didn't die just his body. So they are saying the Saviour of mankind is a cadaver. I believe that Jesus dies for us and when he did he was dead. That is why he and we need resurrection, not of our flesh body which can not go to heaven anyways, but our spirit and our soul. Remember the dead know nothing, there is no consciousness in the grave, you are dead until the day Jesus returns and resurrects his elite and then the rest of mankind for judgment.

I believe that Jesus dies for all of us and He was dead all the way. He proved his love for us by that act. He did not let his body die and He live on. He die for us completely. He made the ultimate sacrifice, not just leaving his physical body, HE DIED FOR US. When you think of that deed it is very humbling to understand that.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Here's a great video on YouTube about what it means to be saved -- a biblical Christian. The things he mentions are NOT what MAKE a person a Christian, but they are the results - the fruit - of a person who is a true Christian. These are things that Christians do as a RESULT of their conversion.

Responding to the topic, “are you saved, take the test” there NO test MAN can give us. in order to know if we’re SAVED, or not. Because we’re NOT saved!...yet! , this is the mistake MANY are taught to believe. Many gets it so twisted, that doing certain things make us saved, if we’re baptized. Understand, Jesus death, GAVE us a way in which we CAN VE SAVED! Remember what Jesus said at Matt. 7:22,23…” Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” This is because many, thought they “give to charities” and “feed the poor” , they’re still living the ways of the world. which willSTILL cause them to lose their lives!

Jehovah God and Jesus warms us about that , (James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God) , (1John 2:15,16) , and (John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). NO!, NONE of us would know if we’re “SAVEDuntil the end come, Jesus said so! ,([SIZE=3] [/SIZE]Matt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved). And he meant doing RIGHT, (or trying hard to), (Matt. 7:13,14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it).

his is why he warns us to be on the watch ,(Rev. 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame). Because many will be as those were on Noah’s time , (Matt. 24:37-29). Focusing more on themselves, than doing Jehovah God’s will. As Jesus said we should do ,(Matt. 7:21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). So again, as JESUS showed, those doing right up to the end, will be saved. peace

Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hi Eusebius I have a question for you. Do you believe Jesus died for you or not? Many Christians say they believe that, but when questioned a little more they say, Well his spirit didn't die just his body. So they are saying the Saviour of mankind is a cadaver. I believe that Jesus dies for us and when he did he was dead. That is why he and we need resurrection, not of our flesh body which can not go to heaven anyways, but our spirit and our soul. Remember the dead know nothing, there is no consciousness in the grave, you are dead until the day Jesus returns and resurrects his elite and then the rest of mankind for judgment.

I believe that Jesus dies for all of us and He was dead all the way. He proved his love for us by that act. He did not let his body die and He live on. He die for us completely. He made the ultimate sacrifice, not just leaving his physical body, HE DIED FOR US. When you think of that deed it is very humbling to understand that.
Paul does not state in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 that "Christ died for your sins" but that "Christ died for our sins."

But in Christ dying for our sins I do believe my sins are included in that "our."

I believe Christ really did die for our sins. He had to be resurrected out of death.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
I thought Jesus was pretty clear about all of this. How come you folks have to constantly go to these post-crucifiction spin-doctors for some special hocus-pocus?

FWIW.
Because Paul, the apostle of the nations, chosen by Christ post-crucifixion, post-resurrection, gave us, the nations, what is for us. Christ spoke to Israel, to Israelites, to Circumcision believers. What He told them as to how to live their lives along with threatenings does not pertain to us of the nations.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
1 John 5:11-12 - And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Who has the Son?

Romans 8:11 - But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

So if you have the Spirit, you have the Son. How do you get the Spirit?

John 7:39 - But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive;

So when you believe in Christ, God who knows our hearts send us the Holy Spirit - and when we have the Spirit, we have the Son, and we have eternal life.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Because Paul, the apostle of the nations, chosen by Christ post-crucifixion, post-resurrection, gave us, the nations, what is for us. Christ spoke to Israel, to Israelites, to Circumcision believers. What He told them as to how to live their lives along with threatenings does not pertain to us of the nations.
Oh...I see.....Paul...."the apostle of the nations"....chosen by Christ post-crucifiction... yes...I see.....

So Jesus the Messiah....the former....dead....guy..... comes back to life and singles out somebody who never had anything to do with the Jesus Movement before. And the guy He taps just happens to be someone who is itching to build an organization and advocates that the Jewish Christians expand to Gentiles and the Jews toss him out.

No chance this guy might have had some thought of doing a Messiah Thing among the Gentiles with him in the Starring Role is there? So maybe the idea of all of these epistles is really about Dueling Apostles, maybe?

Oh...but maybe you are right.....maybe none of this pertains to you as you are quite separate from the message that went to those nasty circumcized Jews. I just love the way the Judgements fall think and fast in your posts. Not.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Paul does not state in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 that "Christ died for your sins" but that "Christ died for our sins."

But in Christ dying for our sins I do believe my sins are included in that "our."

I believe Christ really did die for our sins. He had to be resurrected out of death.
May I ask you - what do you think it means where the scriptures say we must be crucified with Christ, yet the scripture in another place says Christ dieth no more (there is no more sacrifice). The bible can be very confusing at times. In my mind, Christ is IN every man (every man has been dealt the measure of faith) and yet not all people honor Christ in one another - that is, they crucify Christ by the mal-treatment of a brother or sister. When you think of how horrible we often treat each other - just for example here in America where most people claim to be Christians and fight like cats and dogs over money and politics and social issues and to speak evil of one another is barely even frowned upon anymore. But if you really meditate on it - on how easily we are angered by another - how easily we are offended (commonly) then you see how hard it is for us to let Christ arise in us and stay risen. I hope this made some sense to you.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity