Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 04:54 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,150 times

Advertisements

The face of God is pure and righteous. To see His spiritual attributes by the Spirit is to see His face.

It is written,
JN 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 AM

473 posts, read 821,762 times
John 14:7--If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.
John 10:34--Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?--35-If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;--36-Ye say of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphest; because I said, I am the son of God? --37-If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.--38-But, if I do, though ye believe me not, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in Him.

Matthew 11:27--All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son reveal Him.

Isaiah 64:8--But now, O Lord, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou art our potter; and we are all the work of thine hand.

JOHN 6:46--NOT THAT ANY MAN HATH SEEN THE FATHER, SAVE HE WHICH IS OF GOD, HE HATH SEEN THE FATHER.

God is the Father who has made us flesh and is the love that resides within us. Our flesh is Him, the spirit of Love within that guides us--is Him. To reject His Love and His teachings is to blaspheme this Holy Spirit of Love. We are not our own, but He has placed Himself in our hands to be represented by us--this is what we'll be judged for--how well we represent Him. He will not stop us from coming against each other, we have to stop ourselves and convince others to do likewise.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM

1,196 posts, read 753,543 times

God’s word says Colo. 1:15 “Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature”. I’m sorry but what You said…”If the image of the invisible God is the firstborn of every creature” , then you post Colo.1:15. It gives the implication of meaning this scriptures was applied to every living thing, and it wasn’t. Paul was referring to Jesus ,verse 14 shows this ,”[SIZE=3][/SIZE]In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins”. You said “He came as Himself and told us to call Him Jesus Christ”, that so not true. Jesus didn’t come “as himself”, he was SENT, by his Father, the Almighty God ,partial quote ,(John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son), 1John 4:9 ,John 8:29 and John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me).

You said, “no place that He doesn't exist”, though God, (Jehovah God’s ,Exo.6:3), can be anyplace he chooses, there ARE places he chooses NOT to be. And that’s ANY place he doesn’t want his servants to be. AND places he’s planning on destroying , Certain Clubs, a person’s home, if it’s full of debauchery. Even places of worship that teaches falsely and allow certain activities. This is why he said to get from “her” ,([SIZE=3]Isa.[/SIZE]52:11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD). Rev. 17:1-6 , 18:2-11 and Rev. 18:22,23. And many don’t understand what’s meant at ( John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation).

Many are taught that the day of resurrection, some will rise JUST to be destroyed. What sense does that make, if God’s words shows death was a payment for the sins of the living ,([SIZE=3] [/SIZE]Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. and Rom. 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin). John 5:29 ,true, many who rise will be destroyed, but that’s ONLY after satan is let loose. And he causes once again many to follow him ,(Rev. 20:1-3). Satan has NEVER been locked away, the wicked Angels was kicked out of Heaven, only ,(Rev. 12:7-9). When they’re finally locked away, that’ll be once Jesus destroy ALL those who choose NOT to do the will of his Father ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). NOTICE, unlike what many teach, he didn’t say, DO MY WILL!

And “god” NEVER play trickery to ANYONE, humans, or spirit beings. Satan is the master of trickery , (Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks) of the devil. But those who do the will of Jehovah God, and keep on their guard, Will know satan’s every trick ,(2Cor. 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). Sometimes what many believe, can lead them to their own destruction ,(Pro. 16:25). Demons are NOT “dead people”, they are falling Angels , Jesus showed this ,(Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven), And (Ezek. 28:13-18). the ONLY thing they “believed” which cause them to be damned. Is the fact that they THOUGHT they could turn against Jehovah God, and still live! and If Jehovah God created other life form, we would know, because he would tell us. satan has many believing this to be true. He knows how easy it is to make many believe his lies. Don’t be fooled, if he can get a perfect couple to believe a lie, We’re a piece of cake to him. This is why Jehovah sent Jesus to teach us the truth. And told us to stay close to him, it’ll make it hard for satan to fool us ,(James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you). peace

Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 PM

342 posts, read 407,777 times
Default I believe God, Do you?

Here is what God said:

And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
Ex 33:20 (KJV)

Is God right or this person claiming God is wrong?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,244,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
Here is what God said:

And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Well, you have several examples in the Hebrew Bible where individuals saw God's face and were shocked that they survived (Jacob, Manoah, Hagar, Moses). The Bible has exceptions for just about every rule. The glory of God's face was believed to be so awesome that it would overcome and kill anyone who looked at it. In writing a story about a person who manages to survive after seeing God's face, the author is insisting there is something special about the individual and the story. It makes it stand out more against the narrative background. This was a common literary convention in antiquity. Note, also, that Exod 33:20 explicitly states that it is God's face that cannot be seen, and that his other body parts (Exodus mentions his hand and his backside) are able to be seen by humanity without issue. Early Israel believed in a thoroughly anthropomorphic deity. Anti-anthropomorphism is an outgrowth of the Greco-Roman period.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
Here is what God said:

When you compare Scripture that invites us to "Seek My face" and "the pure in heart shall see God" with "no man see shall my face and live" it can only mean that if you see God you will not live to self but live unto God and His Kingdom by the Spirit because His nature begins to be imparted to you. It is written that we must "compare spiritual things with spiritual things" in order to gain a full meaning. Many are rash to conclude a wrong understanding of Scripture and then wonder why their words have no Power. It is because they are not patient enough, have not studied enough or do not fully appreciate what Jesus said, "Be carefull what you hear." Is it what the Spirit is saying or not? Reason in and of itself is not enough if the foundation is cracked.

Many ask, didn't Jesus say that no man has seen God or heard His voice? Yes, but He meant that no one has seen His shape or form as He explained because God is a Spirit and we can only know/worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. The Face of God is a metaphor. But He does speak through Angels and man when they are inspired/moved by the Spirit. He illuminates the written word by His Spirit only to the hungry of spirit because it is He who inspired them to feed the poor of the Flock. The humble shall be exalted to Heavenly places in Christ. The proud and the disputers against God and His Word shall be abased/ashamed. He speaks also by the "still small voice" [not audible] of the Spirit to those who have been attuned by the Spirit ["born again"] of the Spirit. It is written, "Deep speaks to the deep."

Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,921,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
When you compare Scripture that invites us to "Seek My face" and "the pure in heart shall see God" with "no man see shall my face and live" it can only mean that if you see God you will not live to self but live unto God and His Kingdom by the Spirit because His nature begins to be imparted to you. It is written that we must "compare spiritual things with spiritual things" in order to gain a full meaning. Many are rash to conclude a wrong understanding of Scripture and then wonder why their words have no Power. It is because they are not patient enough, have not studied enough or do not fully appreciate what Jesus said, "Be carefull what you hear." Is it what the Spirit is saying or not? Reason in and of itself is not enough if the foundation is cracked.

Many ask, didn't Jesus say that no man has seen God or heard His voice? Yes, but He meant that no one has seen His shape or form as He explained because God is a Spirit and we can only know/worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. The Face of God is a metaphor. But He does speak through Angels and man when they are inspired/moved by the Spirit. He illuminates the written word by His Spirit only to the hungry of spirit because it is He who inspired them to feed the poor of the Flock. The humble shall be exalted to Heavenly places in Christ. The proud and the disputers against God and His Word shall be abased/ashamed. He speaks also by the "still small voice" [not audible] of the Spirit to those who have been attuned by the Spirit ["born again"] of the Spirit. It is written, "Deep speaks to the deep."
gary, what a beautiful post. It made me see that verse in a new light.
Thanks brother!
peace,
sparrow

Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
gary, what a beautiful post. It made me see that verse in a new light.
Thanks brother!
peace,
sparrow
Amen sparrow.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 PM

You are welcome Pcamps and Sparrow. So glad you you enjoyed those Scriptures.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 PM

342 posts, read 407,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post

You are comparing Spiritual things with Physical things. Man (that is us in our human state as on this earth) cannot see God's face and live as the scripture clearly states.

This OP said they had "seen God's face and lived" to show that God's word is wrong and should not be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity