Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM

342 posts, read 407,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
I already did but you dismissed it. Here it is again.
2COR 4:6 "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, has shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." and "I die daily." The only way to see the face of God daily is to die daily.
You claimed that Paul said he "saw the face of God daily". I asked for the Book, Chapter and verse where Paul said he "saw the face of God daily". So far you have not shown any where that Paul said he "saw the face of God daily". That is what I was challenging you on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
You claimed that Paul said he "saw the face of God daily". I asked for the Book, Chapter and verse where Paul said he "saw the face of God daily". So far you have not shown any where that Paul said he "saw the face of God daily". That is what I was challenging you on.

Psalm 105:4 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Psalm 27:8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.

Psalm 63:2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.

If you want to put a face on God look at Jesus Christ (not a man with a beard), the Jesus Christ who is the express image of who God is, that is in us.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 PM

342 posts, read 407,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Psalm 105:4 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Psalm 27:8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.

Psalm 63:2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.

If you want to put a face on God look at Jesus Christ (not a man with a beard), the Jesus Christ who is the express image of who God is, that is in us.
What does that have to do with the claim that Paul said he "saw the face of God daily"? I wanted the OP of that claim so show the scripture that say's that.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the claim that Paul said he "saw the face of God daily"? I wanted the OP of that claim so show the scripture that say's that.
Well do you think Paul just sought the face of The Lord before the Wednesday night bible study and before the 2 Sunday meetings ?.

You seem to have a hard time Ham understanding the spirit of the scripture. Your demand for a legalistic literal explanation is the issue of you not being able to see what you believe is not there.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:
I took up the challenge but you have failed twice now to see the answer. I will put it to you one more time but in differant way. No man has seen the face of God nor ever shall because God is Spirit and Spirit has no face, arms or legs and yet we have and we shall see His face forever and ever in Spirit. The face of God is metaphor to seeing God as a loving Father whose countenance smiles on His children. We see Him in Spirit and in Truth not as a shape or form but as pure Glory [beauty of charactor]. The back side of God represented the law that had Glory but Grace and Truth allows us to see the face of God in the face of Jesus Christ. The Glory of the New Testament far outweights the Glory of the Old. It gets no plainer than that.

Many a time Jesus tryed to get some to reason out the Scripture but they could not/would not but others who saw that have benefited from that, so His effort was not in vain. Today I am faced with that same sort of thing with you. You can not reason out as yet the things I have told you, but praise God many have been able to. They have been blessed and heard the Spirit speak and reveal these great truths to them.

I am done because there is no more to say. I don't post just to debate but as I have been freely given, I freely give for the edification of the Church, not to strife.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 PM

473 posts, read 822,222 times
God is Not JUST spirit, He is all life. All flesh, bone and blood. There is nothing that has been created that He did not create and is a part of. Colossians 1:15-20 His face is the face of life itself, it's also breath and love. Our bodies wouldn't even be working without the grace of God and His life within us.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 01-14-2013, 03:34 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
God is Not JUST spirit, He is all life. All flesh, bone and blood. There is nothing that has been created that He did not create and is a part of. Colossians 1:15-20 His face is the face of life itself, it's also breath and love. Our bodies wouldn't even be working without the grace of God and His life within us.
Yeshua Bless You
What you seem to be describing is not Christianity, but panantheism--God being in everything. That's just not consistent with Biblical truth.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Yeshua Bless You
In the way you put it, you are right. But the essence/substance behind all is Spirit. We admire all He created but we can only worship in Spirit and and Truth because of the spiritual nature given us that is of His image. Our communion with Him is by Spirit.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:55 PM

473 posts, read 822,222 times
The truth is that He is the spirit of Love. The Love of maternal instinct. If we loved each other as if others were our own children there wouldn't be a problem with lust or greed. If we obeyed the Commandments of God and became an example to the world, there wouldn't be any crime, intoleration, addiction or affliction within the body of Christ. God said that He would make us either a head or a tail. We need to learn to be a head with Christ. We can become one with His Holy Spirit. I am a daughter of the Father and one with His Holy Spirit of maternal instinct(love). I pray to the Father(Jesus) in the name of His daughter--ME.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What you seem to be describing is not Christianity, but panantheism--God being in everything. That's just not consistent with Biblical truth.
Perhaps all she is saying is what Scripture is saying:
HEB 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."
ROM 1:20 "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

Even though all is created for our enjoyment as Christians we do worship the creation. Panatheism is when one worships the creation/creature more than the creator. ROM 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

I don't think that this is what see is advocating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity