Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fellow Christians why did u sign up for the Christianity forum?
To fellowship with other Christians, to edify, and support them 14 93.33%
To show others how good of a Christian I am, while showing them they're not as good as they think 1 6.67%
To debate, argue and prove my point that what I say is right about scripture and other's beliefs 4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:47 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My issue is that people get upset at me because I tell them they're wrong.....which is what you're doing.
Hey, don't go projecting your emotions onto me.
I'm not upset at all. See ----> That's me. Quite peaceful this evening.
And can you please stop derealing this thread? For corn sakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 10:04 PM

670 posts, read 814,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vplegend View Post
I subscribed to this forum, to fellowship w other Christians, to hear their stories, and see how other's lives have been changed by Christ. I have been pretty shocked to see that most of the threads are, to show other Christians how superior they are, to question other's faith, to try and confuse, or question your beliefs, etc. I know that there are a few non-Christians on the forum, questioning and trying to disprove Christianity, but what about the Christians that are doing this? Shouldn't we be here to edify, support and fellowship w each other? Aren't we all on the same side? As a recently born-again Christian I am starting to see why many Christians and Christian churches get a bad name. Many of these threads are embarrassing. Let's say we forget about all the petty arguments, and focus on our salvation!!
First we have to agree where that Salvation comes from.

I say Commitment to God with a Willful intent to change for the better, by acts of love, kindness, acceptance, forgiveness, and mercy. It is by following the Narrow Path of Life that we reach salvation.

Others Say Belief Alone saves, what particularly they claim you must believe in is debated even.
Some will say Jesus, Others will Say Jesus and his Sacrifice, still yet Others will say Monotheism.
I do not believe that belief saves any one, cause even the devil believes in God and Jesus but Belief has not saved the Devil.

Some will claim that only by performing a ritual baptism are we saved, or by partaking in communion, some will say that you have to accept a Archaic Blood Ritual performed 2000 years ago against a carpenters will by people who didn't see it as a ritual but as murdering a heretic. They'd murder me too if they lived in today's world, they would attempt to kill us all. Because that was the sort of people the Pharisees where.

Often times people neglect righteousness and chose sin, they chose to wallow in it, rather than repenting and fallowing Christ's Teachings they wallow in their sin. These kinds of people feel that they can get away with what every they want, so they sin all they want, they give into the pleasures of the flesh which is our enemy. When confronted about their wicked ways they scoff, "The devil makes me do it and I believe in blood so I am saved," The Lord will rebuke them in his anger and terrify them in his wrath. Many Follow the Broad Way of Destruction and it will bring them to ruin by the end of this age.

So it is that Christians are divided and reject the truth which has come many ah time from the mouth of the Lord, it came many times to the Jews before them but woe Israel will not listen, and Israel is the Children of God it is not merely a country with borders but all those sworn to loyalty to the One and the Powerful Elohim. If our church is divided then act with caution for any kingdom divided against it's self can not stand.

You should not build your house upon the sand.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 PM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I'd like to say "fellowship". For that, I did. Unfortunately, though, there are many that post here that simply aren't Christian. I'm sorry....but I don't have Christian fellowship with people that aren't Christians.
But to point that out, you get labled a hater.
Neither you nor any other human being has the right or ability to judge who IS or is NOT Christian. That is up to Christ alone. Any human beings who do so are treading on very dangerous spiritual soil. We are all free to witness to OUR understanding . . . but we have no right whatsoever to judge anyone else's heart or Faith. The arrogance and self-righteousness in doing so is very thin spiritual ice to be walking on.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Neither you nor any other human being has the right or ability to judge who IS or is NOT Christian.
I don't claim to be able to do so.
Quote:

That is up to Christ alone. Any human beings who do so are treading on very dangerous spiritual soil. We are all free to witness to OUR understanding . . . but we have no right whatsoever to judge anyone else's heart or Faith.
Why are you judging my heart, then?
Quote:

The arrogance and self-righteousness in doing so is very thin spiritual ice to be walking on.
So step off and leave me alone.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I'd like to say "fellowship". For that, I did. Unfortunately, though, there are many that post here that simply aren't Christian. I'm sorry....but I don't have Christian fellowship with people that aren't Christians.
But to point that out, you get labled a hater.
Quote:
Neither you nor any other human being has the right or ability to judge who IS or is NOT Christian. That is up to Christ alone. Any human beings who do so are treading on very dangerous spiritual soil.
Quote:
I don't claim to be able to do so.
How would you characterize what you said in the bold, then???
Quote:
We are all free to witness to OUR understanding . . . but we have no right whatsoever to judge anyone else's heart or Faith.
Quote:
Why are you judging my heart, then?
I'm not . . . I am reading what you wrote, period.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
How would you characterize what you said in the bold, then??? I'm not . . . I am reading what you wrote, period.
I am able to make observations of people based on their statements. Actually.....yea--I'll say, based on that, I CAN judge if they're a Christian or not. You are able to do the same. I'll happily recant my previous statement.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I am able to make observations of people based on their statements. Actually.....yea--I'll say, based on that, I CAN judge if they're a Christian or not. You are able to do the same. I'll happily recant my previous statement.
Do so at your own peril. God is the only judge who knows the heart and faith of human beings. No human being has that ability.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:37 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,653,739 times
God bless you brother! Great insight! I've been a believer in Jesus for over 50 years now. I accepted Jesus into my heart at ten after a Billy Graham crusade on t.v.. I've learned to respect other people's opinions and try to see things from their point of view, without judgment. There are hundreds of Christian groups around the world. Can anyone or any group say that they have a corner on the truth? As a Protestant, I used to look down on Roman Catholicism, for example, but I've come to appreciate many of its beliefs and practices. Despite our differences, we are all one body and are called by His name. The Christian life is a continuous journey of learning with its ups and down, but the goal is to "know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings...(Phil. 3:10).

The key is to love God and one another. Jesus prayed to the Father, in the Garden of Gethsemane, that all who would believe in him would "be one as we are one (John 17:22)." God bless you as you begin your journey.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:42 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Do so at your own peril. God is the only judge who knows the heart and faith of human beings. No human being has that ability.

Amen. Whole lotta judgin' goin on....

Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 AM

670 posts, read 814,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Amen. Whole lotta judgin' goin on....
"The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one." - 1 Corinthians 2:15

"And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord.
He shall not judge by what his eyes see,
or decide disputes by what his ears hear,
but with righteousness he shall judge the poor,
and decide with equity for the meek of the earth;
and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth,
and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked.
Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist,
and faithfulness the belt of his loins." - Isaiah 11:3-5

“And you, son of man, will you judge, will you judge the bloody city? Then declare to her all her abominations." - Ezekiel 22:2

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Matthew 7:1-2

"I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and Measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers."-11:1

"If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die."

"The Word is my Fire, those who do not heed it will be burned by it."
"Let the Heat Consume you, This Word called All-Fire."

Hypocrisy is what is on trial, we are forced to make righteous discernment all the time. By the Measure you use it will be Measured to You, meaning don't be a hypocrite or you will pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity