Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 06:42 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccl 12vs13 View Post
Did you know that Jesus gave the saints information concerning the ONLY place one can go to be protected during the Great Tribulation?

The question is, "Will you trust your God and His words and do as instructed, or will you wait and trust in the false teachings of man and wait on the "rapture"?

For those that are alive...this will be one of the biggest choices you will probably ever have to make; Stay and wait for something that God's word NEVER says will happen (the man-made doctrine of the 'rapture'), or do as Jesus tells you and FLEE? Let's read.....

Matt.24
[15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
[16] Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
[17] Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
[18] Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
[19] And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
[20] But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Jesus warns us that when we see those things happening that was spoken by Daniel, mainly, the son of perdiction as Paul calls him, the saints are to flee to the mountains surrounding Judaea.

Jesus warns us that fleeing is so important, that when we see the man of sin placed in the newly built temple in Jerusalem, we are not to go back for clothes or return home for anything.....we are to make haste and get to His place of safety; the mountains surrounding Judaea.

And why does He tell us this with such urgency? Well....let's read what will come upon the entire world when this man of sin is placed into the temple.....

Matt.24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Jesus warns us that once the man is placed into the temple, there will come upon the earth a time of troubles that will be so bad, there has NEVER been a time like it before and there will NEVER be a time like it ever again.

Now let me ask you something.....how many times can such a time happen? Only ONCE!

Now tell me.....do you and your family really want to experience a time such as this? Do you want to risk the lives of your family on a man-made doctrine of a 'secret rapture', that God's word NEVER says will happen before the Great Tribulation period?

That's a BIG risk!

Jesus tells His saints to flee! Will you do as instructed, thus saving your family? Or will you let the new house, bank account, cars or what friends and family say keep you here to suffer with the rest of those that refused to listen to the word of God?

Will you flee to God's place of safety and be a child of Light.....or will you stay and suffer and take the mark of the Beast?

Remember this if nothing else;

1. A temple WILL be built!

2. Sacrifices WILL begin once again!

3. A man that claims peace WILL be placed in the newly built temple and
stop the sacrifices!

When you see all that God has warned us about.....what will YOU do?

You do have a choice!

Flee to the mountains surrounding Judaea and save you and your family? Or stay and wait for man's false secret 'rapture'?

I'm curious about this:
[20] But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Why does he say it would be bad to flee on the sabbath?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 06:47 PM

33,256 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
This post is concerning God's place of safety during the Trib. and the fact that there is indeed a place for those that believe.

If you believe you and your family will be taken to heaven, then you can ignore the signs given by Jesus and the prophet Daniel.

But for those that know the truth, do not be those that God calls children of 'darkness', for God tells us that the day of His arrival should NOT overtake those that know the truth as a thief in the night.

Know the signs....and do as ye are commanded; Flee into the wilderness!

I just got through showing you that the apostle Paul taught that the Church would be raptured before the Tribulation even begins. Therefore the Church does not need to worry about going through the Tribulation.

If you will go to Revelation 1:19 you will see a general overview of the Book of Revelation.
Revelation 1:19 "Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.
This is a chronological overview.

'The things which you have seen' refer to the things shown to John in chapter one. Jesus Christ, the seven stars, the seven golden lamp stands.

'The things which are' refer to the seven churches of Asia which are described in chapters two and three. These seven churches are representative of churches throughout the present Church Age.

The last phrase, 'and the things which will take place after these things' refer to everything else in the Book of Revelation, including the Tribulation, which will take place after these things (the events of the present Church Age).

Since the events described in the Tribulation are said to take place AFTER THESE THINGS, and since THESE THINGS refer to the Church, that means that the Tribulation will take place after the Church Age has ended. And it is the rapture of the Church which terminates the Church Age. The resurrected Church is seen in Heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 where it is referred to as the bride.

And again, the apostle Paul taught that the Church would be raptured before the Tribulation. You just need to understand what he is saying in 1 and 2 Thessalonians.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:48 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
It's lucky that there is a train line that services that area.

Judaean Mountains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-21-2013, 06:59 PM

73 posts, read 109,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I'm curious about this:

Well....contrary to what most believe, God's sabbath day is still to be observed and God knew that there would still be those that kept His 7th day sabbath. Depending upon the country you are traveling in....you may find yourself not being able to buy those things needed for your trip.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times
Quote:
Well....contrary to what most believe, God's sabbath day is still to be observed and God knew that there would still be those that kept His 7th day sabbath. Depending upon the country you are traveling in....you may find yourself not being able to buy those things needed for your trip.

I agree on observing the sabbath. For instance, I personally don't go shopping on the sabbath. I would in an emergency, but it's never come up yet.
Interesting perspective.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

And again, the apostle Paul taught that the Church would be raptured before the Tribulation. You just need to understand what he is saying in 1 and 2 Thessalonians.

Again...this post is not about when the tribulation period is to occur...but about God's place of safety during the tribulation.

I also get it that you believe that you and your family will be swept away with Jesus BEFORE the tribulation take place.

But as I asked someone else.....what if.........

What will you do when you see the temple being built and no rapture?

What will you do when you see the animal sacrifices started again and no rapture?

And what will you do when the man of sin is placed in the newly built temple and stops the sacrifices and still no rapture?

Will you then flee?

Because God's word tells us the following;

Matt.24
[15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand;
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Afterall......if there is to be a 'rapture' before the tribulation period, will it not be able to occur no matter WHERE you are....even if you are in the wilderness?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I agree on observing the sabbath. For instance, I personally don't go shopping on the sabbath. I would in an emergency, but it's never come up yet.
Interesting perspective.
God loves it when you do His will.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:56 PM

33,256 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Again...this post is not about when the tribulation period is to occur...but about God's place of safety during the tribulation.

I also get it that you believe that you and your family will be swept away with Jesus BEFORE the tribulation take place.

But as I asked someone else.....what if.........

What will you do when you see the temple being built and no rapture?

What will you do when you see the animal sacrifices started again and no rapture?

And what will you do when the man of sin is placed in the newly built temple and stops the sacrifices and still no rapture?

Will you then flee?

Because God's word tells us the following;

Matt.24
[15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand;

Afterall......if there is to be a 'rapture' before the tribulation period, will it not be able to occur no matter WHERE you are....even if you are in the wilderness?

My whole point is that the Church does not have to concern itself about it because the Church will not go through the Tribulation. The only ones who will go through the Tribulation are people who are unbelievers at the time of the rapture. I showed you from Revelation 19:7-8 that the Church - the bride is in heaven during the Tribulation. That means the Church is not on the Earth during the Tribulation.

There is no 'what if'. You either believe what the Bible says about the rapture and its timing relative to the Tribulation (prior to), or you don't.

If you aren't willing to listen, it's not my problem.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:20 PM

796 posts, read 859,156 times
Quote:
I'm curious about this:

Because He is referring to the time after the rapture, when Israels prophetic program is restarted (the 70th week of Daniel) when the Temple is rebuilt and the Sabbath's are in full observance again.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:24 PM

796 posts, read 859,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
My whole point is that the Church does not have to concern itself about it because the Church will not go through the Tribulation. The only ones who will go through the Tribulation are people who are unbelievers at the time of the rapture. I showed you from Revelation 19:7-8 that the Church - the bride is in heaven during the Tribulation. That means the Church is not on the Earth during the Tribulation.

There is no 'what if'. You either believe what the Bible says about the rapture and its timing relative to the Tribulation (prior to), or you don't.

If you aren't willing to listen, it's not my problem.
Exactly! Why concern yourself with the impossible. For we Christians in this age of Grace to not be ruptured then God would be a liar and everything in scripture would be false so there would be no reason to be concerned about any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity