Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:23 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Translation is not necessarily eroneous interpretation. As long as the intended message and principle are maintained, the authenticity of divine inspiration is retained. However, what your pastor shared with you imo, also esembles more opinion than fact.
Why do you say that. We all know that the original word was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic. So, I saw what he was saying was fact in regard to which translation is God's inspired word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 05:09 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,530 times
"ALL scripture is given by Inspiration (breath) Of God.."

But Not ALL Scripture Is The Command Of God.

God Can Breath Without Speaking Anything.

God Breathed Into Adam And I Didn't Make Him Inerrant Nor Infallible.

"ALL scripture Is given By Inspiration of God And Is Profitable For Doctrine..."

But, Not All Scripture Is Doctrine.

Anyway, when Jesus' disciples spoke of Scripture?
They were referring to what The Prophets said.

Jesus disciples often quoted The Prophets as the scriptures believed for
what we know as The Prophecies for The New Testament Or New Covenant Jesus came to bring.

No where did Jesus Disciples ever refer to what they wrote as 'scriptures'
unless they were quoting or discussing The Prophecies of The Prophets that were 'promised'.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post

"ALL scripture Is given By Inspiration of God And Is Profitable For Doctrine..."

what we know as The Prophecies for The New Testament Or New Covenant Jesus came to bring.

unless they were quoting or discussing The Prophecies of The Prophets that were 'promised'.
Wow...Someone that actually understands the difference...

Old 08-18-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post
Deuteronomy 4:2 “You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take anything from itâ€

Proverbs 30:6 "Add thou not unto His words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar"

Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this Book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this Book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the Book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this Book".

Why?

Psalms 119: 160 “The entirety of Your word is truthâ€

Proverbs 30:5-6: “Every word of God is pure; he is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.â€

In the Scriptures it speaking about the Law (Commands)...In Revelation it speaking solely of the Prophecy of Revelation...

Old 08-18-2013, 07:48 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post

Good job. It's sad that people would rather believe a lie over the truth as spoon fed into them by their elders, pastors, religious publications (which are opinions too), and not investigate the bible for themselves.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:01 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Those who for instance stand by every last word of the Koran - believing that it is the ultimate word of God are off the mark...I am sure there are some very wise things in the Koran that are useful to humanity- and of course there are things that are destructive - out dated...and barbaric. As for the Christian bible--- the New Testament has some brilliant passages..most of it is cluttered up with letters from Saint Paul...who never met Jesus...so I look at those parts with some reservation. Also there are the ancient gnostic writings - such as the book of Judas..and the sayings of Christ to mention a couple...The "church" for political reasons did remove and edit the bible...to suit it's own agenda...This took place over a period of a thousand years...

So it is actually impossible to say that the Koran or the Bible is the ultimate and true word of God. There are bits that come close to what might be divine knowledge or "the word of God"...God does not use a human voice nor does God use writing to communicate......God is beyond those things. We all know what is good and what is of God and his goodness...that message is stamped on the human heart.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
If God wrote a book of instruction - or a formula - or invented a type of glue that bound humanity together...that book might contain two words.....Truth (reality) - Love....and that would pretty much ensure a more heavenly existence for all of us on earth...on earth as it is in heaven.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Oops, I'm too fat, but I guess I'm not phat!

Your logic is PHAT...

Old 08-18-2013, 08:24 AM

250 posts, read 219,015 times
So many of you want to claim the bible is not all God's word or some variation of it not being something we should follow. Please tell us what parts of the bible is not correct? Which part is wrong? Which part must we reject? Be specific and give book, chapter and verse of the parts of the bible you reject and why.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post
Lol, actually, Aramaic IS a combination of languages like spanglish but, ebonics (like jive) didn't exist at that time. It was a common language spoken by peoples of several areas so they could communicate.

I'd have to check to see what the peoples of spain spoke at that time. (not necessarily spanish, idk how old that language is.)

Spanish evolvex from the Vulgar Latin that was imposed on the indigenous tribes in that area, Aquitania I believe it was called by the Romans...Romance languages are relatively recent and include French, Portuguese, Romanian and I believe Sicilian...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity