Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

To the "OP">>> Why did HaShem decide to create?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 04:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
For the same purpose we all desire to...........Pleasure.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintMePurple View Post
None of you are qualified to discuss the Elect until you identify the Elect.

Who is the Elect?

Those that are chosen...

Old 11-08-2013, 05:23 AM

55 posts, read 62,830 times
Quote:
Those that are chosen...

Who are the chosen?

Are you chosen?

Why? What sets you apart?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:12 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,778,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintMePurple View Post
No, not only God knows, the Word is clear as to who God's people are.

Who are the elect? Identify.
The elect are all of us. God has chosen us all. That's why we were created in the first place. It's up to us to rise to that expectation and accept salvation through Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Who, or what, is "HaShem"?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:53 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
the " I P " in Calvinism's theology of "tulip" is unscriptural

I=irresistible grace. People cannot resist God's saving grace, which is offered only to the elect.

Scripture teaches:
Psalm 21:7 ...... "for they refuse to do what is right." verifies that scripture teaches that people do in fact resist grace.

Psalm 21:16
" A man who strays from the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead"

Matthew 23:37
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.
Quote:
Your quotes come from the OT which was a period of time not under grace but under law, the NT begins the period of Grace...

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Matthew 18:15-17
“If your *brother or sister* sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you.
If they listen to you, you have won them over.
But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
*Matthew 18:15 The Greek word for brother or sister (adelphos) refers here to a fellow disciple, whether man or woman; also in verses 21 and 35.
John 5:39-40
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Acts 7:39
But our ancestors refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt."

Acts 14:2
But the Jews who refused to believe stirred up the other Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers.

Acts 19:9
But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way...

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10
The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of
displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie and all the ways that wickedness
deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:54 AM

Gaoluinn na Mumhan;32143208]The elect are all of us. God has chosen us all. That's why we were created in the first place. It's up to us to rise to that expectation and accept salvation through Jesus Christ.

Who, or what, is "HaShem"?[/quote]

G-d

Old 11-08-2013, 07:08 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Gaoluinn na Mumhan;32143208]The elect are all of us. God has chosen us all. That's why we were created in the first place. It's up to us to rise to that expectation and accept salvation through Jesus Christ.

Who, or what, is "HaShem"?

G-d
Oh ... what happened to the " the OT which was a period of time not under grace but under law, the NT begins the period of Grace...
" since when in the NT God is spelled "G-d" ?

And fyi .... Jesus never referred to God as HaShem

Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Matthew 18:15-17
“If your *brother or sister* sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you.
If they listen to you, you have won them over.
But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
*Matthew 18:15 The Greek word for brother or sister (adelphos) refers here to a fellow disciple, whether man or woman; also in verses 21 and 35.
John 5:39-40
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Acts 7:39
“But our ancestors refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt."

Acts 14:2
But the Jews who refused to believe stirred up the other Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers.

Acts 19:9
But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way...

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10
The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of
displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie and all the ways that wickedness
deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
None of those verses give any reason to believe that they had the ability to choose God if they wanted to. It just says they didn't.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:01 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
It only says that because your theory demands it ... and for no other reason.

It's obvious the "I" and "P" of Calvinism is force feeding of theory of scriptures like 1 John 2:19 when in 1 John 2:24-27 says:
As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you.
If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.
And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to
teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not
counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

The true focus of 1 John 2:19 are those false teachers who claim to come from "one of us" but are the "antichrists" ... which today they are known more by by the modern term cults.

The text doesn't say that. You need to read what's there, not what you want to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity