Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 07:10 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lol, i use the scriptures for your sake not mine. When you are rooted and established in the great truth(reality) that you are loved of God, always have been and always will be then you are in the best place to hear the Spirit and discern what is of the Father and what isn't. You are basically saying if you never had a bible we could not know God. Tell me how the Patriarchs knew God then ?.
Again you are lying about what my relationship to the scriptures is, simply put it is not your take on it.
Now suddenly you are associating with the OT God.

The same God that you love to trash and outright reject?

You are a joke, Pcamps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 07:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
God did not write, compile and publish the Bible- the church did that -there are chapters left out that do not “ put Jesus in the correct light”
It’s a massive edit job by the vatacan To present “ the correct” image

Old 05-30-2020, 07:24 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
I have been doing my fair share of research about the Bible lately in order to get a better understanding and just now I had a thought pop into my head so I thought I'd post it here. If God gave Moses the Ten Commandments as specific instructions to follow and rules to live by, why not do the same thing with the Bible? Wouldn't it be easier to understand?
People in this physical world in a way is God's scientific experiment of cultivating of human consciousness to bring the consciousness to desired level of the Golden Rule. OT started with Cain consciousness , bicameral mind that lacks compassion and leads to Christ type of consciousness that introspective and need no books of detailed instructions like OT.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:29 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
God did not write, compile and publish the Bible- the church did that -there are chapters left out that do not “ put Jesus in the correct light”
In other words, Huckleberry, your god is too weak and powerless to be able to intervene in human affairs.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:37 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
In other words, Huckleberry, your god is too weak and powerless to be able to intervene in human affairs.
It is not that, it must develop through free will facility. The system is in place, it called collective unconscious.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:39 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerditaPanthera View Post
Answer to OP:

Because god didn't write it, man did....this should explain the contradictions, too
As he (man) was led along by the Spirit.

For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:21

Old 05-30-2020, 07:42 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
What is this “correct image” of which you speak?

Old 05-30-2020, 08:13 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What is this “correct image” of which you speak?
Love made manifest....

Old 05-30-2020, 09:02 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,223 times
Quote:
I have been doing my fair share of research about the Bible lately in order to get a better understanding and just now I had a thought pop into my head so I thought I'd post it here. If God gave Moses the Ten Commandments as specific instructions to follow and rules to live by, why not do the same thing with the Bible? Wouldn't it be easier to understand?
The Ten Commandments defines SIN.

The rest of the Bible tells us how God provides mankind with the means of redemption from SIN - what is described in the New Testament as salvation.

The Bible does not pretend to be a historic document,
not a record of geologic development or tectonic plate movement,
not a record of prehistoric life or dinosaurs,
and not even a document about astronomy or the care and feeding of dogs and cats.

The Bible is about the fall and redemption of man.

That's it and that's all.

It's purpose is to convince us of SIN in ourselves.

Having been convinced we are SINNERS and that we need God's forgiveness the rest of the LAW, contained in Torah (the first 5 books of the Bible), describes the basis of forgiveness. God is not a spiritual vending machine. Torah isn't a set of optional rules. They are LAWs. Laws govern and bless and imprison and kill.

There are spiritual laws and principles that act upon humanity - whether humanity wants to admit it or not. (Mostly we deny it.)

The Ten Commandments is only the beginning of the process - the beginning of understanding of the whole LAW. Jewish tradition describes the obligation of God's Oracle people to 613 laws (or 720 depending upon additional Talmudic interpretations). The New Testament, especially the book of Romans, tells all of us, including gentiles, how to live lives pleasing to God.

Apart from the LAW it is impossible to be saved. Post modern Christians deny LAW. Jews deny GRACE, which is kin to LAW. We are both wrong in that we twist LAW & GRACE to justify our SIN.

If there is no sacrifice for SIN, according to the LAW, then all we've got is a dead guy on a stick.

The Jewish holiday of Shavout is an observance of God's giving the LAW (10 commandments) to Moses.
Pentacost is the observance of the gift of GRACE, embodied in the Holy Spirit.
BOTH fall on the same calendar day. Is this a coincidence or there a meaning that has escaped us all?

LAW is a gift of GRACE through which we would not know we are SINNERS. The LAW provides for forgiveness and GRACE is given to enable us to live BY THE LAW. The Holy Spirit isn't given so that we can be spiritually inebriated on Sunday morning.

GRACE enables us to please God according to the LAW - a thing the Bible says is impossible to do for humans.

Redemption begins with repentance and repentance is defined by the LAW.

God does not hear the prayer of SINNERS. (John 9:31)
God DOES hear the prayer of confession & repentance. (1 John 1:9)

Therefore it is time for all of us to CONFESS our SIN and REPENT of it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 05-30-2020 at 09:29 AM..

Old 05-30-2020, 09:19 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
It would have been too heavy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity