Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,747 times

Advertisements

The church of Christ is not a cult as some has said, it is open to investigation. It is true that some people have left the faith, the door is still open for them to repent and come back to the faith. We believe and teach all the Bible and the bible alone but we practice the New Testament alone because we are no longer under the O/T Gal.3:10-13, 23-26, Hebrew 8:6-13, 10:9-10. We believe women should take active roll in the worship as preachers because 1Timothy 2:9-15 and 1Cor.14:34-37. I think anyone who want to be faithful to God should obey this simple instructions. n.u.abire

Old 10-05-2011, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,747 times
Baptism saves, Jesus said he that believed and is baptized shall be saved Mark.16:16, On the day of Pentecost those heard the apostles' sermon asked, "what must we do?" They were asked to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin. They were not asked to accept Jesus into their heard as some do today. Those who gladly received his word were baptized (Acts 2:37-41). Baptism needs plenty of water (John3:23) The Ethiopia eunuch saw water and asked "here is water, what hinders to be baptized? One can read how he and Philip went into the water and Philip baptized him Acts8:36-39. That is why churches of Christ believe that everyone who must be saved must be baptized into the body of Christ (1Cor.12:13) before he can put on Christ (Gal.3:26-27) and he will become a new creature (11Cor.5:17

Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,274,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathabire View Post
The church of Christ is not a cult as some has said, it is open to investigation. It is true that some people have left the faith, the door is still open for them to repent and come back to the faith. We believe and teach all the Bible and the bible alone but we practice the New Testament alone because we are no longer under the O/T Gal.3:10-13, 23-26, Hebrew 8:6-13, 10:9-10. We believe women should take active roll in the worship as preachers because 1Timothy 2:9-15 and 1Cor.14:34-37. I think anyone who want to be faithful to God should obey this simple instructions. n.u.abire
I know of no church Of Christ that allows women to take an active role in the worship. I think you may have made a typo when you wrote should instead of shouldn't.

Katie

Old 10-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathabire View Post
Baptism saves, Jesus said he that believed and is baptized shall be saved Mark.16:16, On the day of Pentecost those heard the apostles' sermon asked, "what must we do?" They were asked to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin. They were not asked to accept Jesus into their heard as some do today. Those who gladly received his word were baptized (Acts 2:37-41). Baptism needs plenty of water (John3:23) The Ethiopia eunuch saw water and asked "here is water, what hinders to be baptized? One can read how he and Philip went into the water and Philip baptized him Acts8:36-39. That is why churches of Christ believe that everyone who must be saved must be baptized into the body of Christ (1Cor.12:13) before he can put on Christ (Gal.3:26-27) and he will become a new creature (11Cor.5:17
AMEN!!

Katie

Old 10-06-2011, 07:44 AM

2,597 posts, read 4,659,459 times
Default boredatwork

First of all Jesus wasn't the founder of the Christian Church. His apostles founded Christianity based on the life about Jesus. They understandably were enthused of the new doctrine that "God is the father of Lord Jesus" to be concerned with the older message Jesus was teaching that "God is the father of all men". Jesus taught of the fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man, which is the religion of Jesus. The basic philosophy of Christianity is "A house divided against itself cannot stand". Recognize that there are so many sects of Christianity in the 20th century. The brotherhood of God is destined to become a living organism in contrast to an institutionalized social organization.

Last edited by boreatwork; 10-06-2011 at 07:52 AM..

Old 10-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
First of all Jesus wasn't the founder of the Christian Church. His apostles founded Christianity based on the life about Jesus. They understandably were enthused of the new doctrine that "God is the father of Lord Jesus" to be concerned with the older message Jesus was teaching that "God is the father of all men". Jesus taught of the fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man, which is the religion of Jesus. The basic philosophy of Christianity is "A house divided against itself cannot stand". Recognize that there are so many sects of Christianity in the 20th century. The brotherhood of God is destined to become a living organism in contrast to an institutionalized social organization.
"Upon this rock I will build MY churchand the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Mt 16:18

It is Christ's church. He is the head. The apostles established it with the power of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Three thousand were added to the church that day when they believed and were baptized. Act 2.

Denominations are man's invention, not God's. There is only one church and it is alive and well. You just have to look for it. Read how the church in the NT worshipped and worked. When you find a group that patterns itself after the NT church, you have found the Lord's church, the church of Christ.

Katie

Old 10-06-2011, 01:31 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
"Upon this rock I will build MY churchand the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Mt 16:18

It is Christ's church. He is the head. The apostles established it with the power of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Three thousand were added to the church that day when they believed and were baptized. Act 2.

Denominations are man's invention, not God's. There is only one church and it is alive and well. You just have to look for it. Read how the church in the NT worshipped and worked. When you find a group that patterns itself after the NT church, you have found the Lord's church, the church of Christ.

Katie
Just curious if you believe everyone is going to hell who are not members in good standing of your church.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Just curious if you believe everyone is going to hell who are not members in good standing of your church.
No I believe that anyone who is not a member of the Lord's church, the one He built, will not go to heaven. Don't you believe that BH?

Katie

Old 10-06-2011, 04:32 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
No I believe that anyone who is not a member of the Lord's church, the one He built, will not go to heaven. Don't you believe that BH?

Katie
No, because Jesus died for the sins of the world, not just some people. I don't want to get off the topic of this long-enduring thread, so I'll just leave it at that, but I'm glad you don't believe only members of the COC are going to heaven. I know some members of that church who do believe that.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 PM

889 posts, read 825,758 times
Quote:

Katie
You were right all the way up until the end. There is NO historic connection between the Church of Christ and the Apostles. There is only one church and the Church Jesus created was the Catholic Church. You can continue to believe what you believe, but if you read the early church fathers, those folks that were taught by the apostles, they weren't Church of Christ, they believed in a doctrine that can only be categorized as Catholic. Do the research YOURSELF and don't just believe what you've been told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity