Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:30 PM

250 posts, read 503,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Zimbabwe,
How much would you bet if what you said here was to be turned around, "The notion that God 'fill in the blank' about Mormonism is false doctrine" that "Mormon bashing" (or worse) be heard? From all what you have "endured", I guess you're entitled to a few "Christan bashing" posts.
I am sorry Twin if I came across dogmatic and harsh. That wasn't my intent. I don't want to bash anyone, especially my Christian brothers and sisters--even if they are critics of my faith.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:07 AM

348 posts, read 557,397 times
Default Masonic symbols in Mormonism

Notice the Masonic image has the same creepy eye and handshake as Mormonism. Why is that? Has God, now through the Mormon Church adopted these Satanic principles that were around before the Mormon Church. Why would he choose so? Why is the all seeing eye of Lucifer now the all seeing eye of God, as Zimbabwe explained earlier? Notice the triangle shape of the apron.

Here is a popular verse from the Mormons, that I did not get off the internet. It is the word of God, and you would do well by heeding to it!

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.
Attached Thumbnails
What do Mormons really believe?  Let's discuss Mormonism!!!-masonic_demonism.gif   What do Mormons really believe?  Let's discuss Mormonism!!!-handshake-thesaltlaketemple_p157.jpg   What do Mormons really believe?  Let's discuss Mormonism!!!-eye-mormon_apron.jpg   What do Mormons really believe?  Let's discuss Mormonism!!!-eye-thesaltlaketemple_p156.jpg  

Old 03-15-2008, 07:27 AM

Default Pentagrams, Hexagrams, Where Does It All Lead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbabwe View Post
That is pretty good Hiram. You must have been itching to use that on us once you baited us to answer your question. It made me smile and brightened my mood, which wasn't your intention, I'm sure, but thanks anyway.

About the symbols on the outside of the Salt Lake Temple:

"Original plans for the temple called for elaborately sculpted stones on the exterior, in the early tradition of architectural ornamentation and symbolism. However, the final finishing was simplified to representations of suns, moons, stars, clouds, clasped hands, and the “all-seeing eye.” The cloud stones, adorned with realistic clouds and rays of light breaking through them, symbolize the light of the restored gospel breaking through the clouds of darkness. Clasped hands appear above the doorways and symbolize brotherhood in the gospel and a link between heaven and earth. The “all-seeing eye” also appears above the doorways and reminds us that our daily activities should be done in righteousness under the watchful gaze of the Lord."

Richard G. Oman, “Sculpting an LDS Tradition,” Ensign, Oct 1990, 38 (emphasis added)
According to William Schnoebelen, former Satanist and Mormon, "...this star, when within a circle is the symbol of anti-Christ. It has 6 points, 6 angles, and an interior polygon of 6 sides hence the perfect symbol of 666. Though I have not found this on the Salt Lake Temple, it is right across the park, emblazoned all over the Assembly Hall. And it exists in a stronger form on the Logan Temple: inverted, with two points up.
Attached Thumbnails
What do Mormons really believe?  Let's discuss Mormonism!!!-mchustar.gif  

Old 03-15-2008, 09:16 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,733,687 times
Absolutely disgusting.

Big Lie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-16-2008, 12:00 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
Notice the Masonic image has the same creepy eye and handshake as Mormonism. Why is that? Has God, now through the Mormon Church adopted these Satanic principles that were around before the Mormon Church. Why would he choose so? Why is the all seeing eye of Lucifer now the all seeing eye of God, as Zimbabwe explained earlier? Notice the triangle shape of the apron.

Here is a popular verse from the Mormons, that I did not get off the internet. It is the word of God, and you would do well by heeding to it!

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.
So would it be correct if I said you were implying that the mormon temple ritual is oddly similiar to the masonic temple ritual?

Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM

Default All seeing Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
So would it be correct if I said you were implying that the mormon temple ritual is oddly similiar to the masonic temple ritual?
Absolutely. Secret organizations have existed since Babylonian times, and the same with the "all seeing eye." Ever wonder about the great pyramids all over the world, Masons and Mormons are just fronts for the people, the"elite" who are behind the scenes. Anyone can research this information on the internet. Much of America and Canada architecture is Masonic design. From the obelisk in Washington to the Pentagon itself. It is no secret that the Stone Masons built the Mormon temples.
The "esoteric science of masonry" is the magic of "building". Construction in such a way that the building becomes a fit vessel for the habitation of devils.
Remember, the founder Smith was a 33º mason and he was integrally tied in with magik. To be a 33º Mason just doesn't happen by some accident. You have to be "chosen". You just don't decide. It goes much higher then 33 degree though. Most masons think they are doing well and a good deed, just as Mormons do. But they go contrary to the word of God.
Attached Thumbnails
What do Mormons really believe?  Let's discuss Mormonism!!!-all_seeing_eye_egyptian_boat.jpg  

Old 03-16-2008, 09:31 AM

Default The Great Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
2 John 1:6, "And this is love, that we walk after his commandments."

I am sorry that this is upsetting to you coolcats, this is not my intention.
I read the big lie in wikipedia. It reminds me of this. In Genesis 3:1 is recorded the adversary's first communications with humans. This is the record of the first Spirit Medium, speaking through the snake or serpent in the garden of Eden. In Genesis 3:3 is recorded the serpent's first lie to man, "Ye shall not surely die." His goal to perpetuate this lie has been a great success (2 Corinthians 11:3).

Old 03-16-2008, 04:44 PM

250 posts, read 503,589 times
I would encourage any one with access to the Salt Lake Temple, or any temple for that matter, to visit. The Salt Lake temple and some other larger temples have visitors centers to educate non-LDS visitors about temples and LDS beliefs--although you can't go inside (with one exception).

Go see for yourself and feel the peace and tranquility that characterizes Temple Square in Salt Lake City. Come and See was the Lord's admonition to Andrew, and in a similar vein, we say to everyone, come and see for yourself.

I have loved the Salt Lake Temple from the moment I laid eyes upon it as a child. I have always felt peace and saftey within the walls of Temple Square, everytime I have visited. On the outside, the temple is inscribed with the words "Holiness to the Lord, House of the Lord". You can even find these words on the doorknobs of the Temple. If I could figure out how to do it, I would show my own picture of one of these doorknobs.

Now the exception that I alluded to---If a temple is being renovated or newly built, there is often a special open house prior to the dedication. During the open house, everyone has the opportunity to visit and tour the temple. If you ever get the chance to do so take it, because it may never come again. I promise it will be an edifying experience.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:35 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
What about the official Mormon creed that Black people fought on the side of Satan (Lucifer) and lost in pre-mortal existence and that their black skin is their punishment?

Curse and mark of Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,457,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
What about the official Mormon creed that Black people fought on the side of Satan (Lucifer) and lost in pre-mortal existence and that their black skin is their punishment?

Curse and mark of Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
sorry to disappoint you, but that is not a mormon doctrine. those who fought on the side of lucifer never received a body, and therefore never received a skin color either. they were cast down with satan as his spirit angels.

has nothing to do with cain or with africans.

aaron out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity