Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 04:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Pcamps it appears you are the only one with the "eternal hell" fetish on this forum. Perhaps you are the only one who believe in it here.
It sure seems like some sort of obsession, since it has to be brought into every discussion.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Pcamps it appears you are the only one with the "eternal hell" fetish on this forum. Perhaps you are the only one who believe in it here.
I just want you to be clear on what you are saved from, i know most bible believers on here will without hesitation say they believe their salvation is one from eternal hell, it just appears that you and Finn believe differently, for some reason Finn is keeping his cards close to his chest on what he believes in repect to salvation from hell, you are very coy and evasive and rather than be up front about where you would end up if you were not saved fom yourself, you are deflecting on to me like i have some fetish.

Please tell me, where do all those who do not believe in salvation through Jesus Christ end up ?. answering this should clear up any misunderstanding that i or anyone else may have about what you really do believe.

For Zion's sake i will not keep silent for Jerusalem's i will not be quite about what this evil doctrine of eternal torment as done to christianity. I will continue to expose it for what it is, especially in the Light that you so called bible believers do not have a single bible verse that supports what you clearly believe, although you will deny it, salvation is salvation from eternal hell.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Anyone who believes in Sola Scriptura and a refusal to use the "wisdom of man" warrants the legitimate criticism about their education and the failure to use of advanced knowledge. I also carefully defined what I meant by no bias and sincerity, Finn. I made no generic slurs against anyone as you intimate with your accusation and phrasing. Any person who bringsthe "precepts and doctrines of men" into any questioning of the heart under the guidance of the Comforter is biased and not sincerely seeking the truth. They are seeking confirmation of what they THINK they are supposed to believe.
100% correct it is ridiculous beyond ridiculous to believe that God did not create within us something that could reach out to know feel and understand him, and left us a book as the only means possible. We have the same ability built within our make up that all men have ever had, before the bible was put together and worshipped as God. This is not a dismissal of the scriptures but a rejection of the fundamentalists belief and what it thinks the bible is for. A book which has been mistranslated intentionally and unintentionally and interpreted differently beyond belief.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:51 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
What's telling, pcamps, is that you're not ashamed to say over and over what you believe salvation is from, whereas those who believe they are saved from eternal torment seem to be. I think that speaks well for them, actually, though not for what they believe.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What's telling, pcamps, is that you're not ashamed to say over and over what you believe salvation is from, whereas those who believe they are saved from eternal torment seem to be. I think that speaks well for them, actually, though not for what they believe.
Yes Pleroo. The simple fact is they know they do not have a single verse of scripture to back up their belief that salvation is salvation from eternal hell. I admire all the other bibleans who have no trouble in openly sharing that is what they believe. If Finn had asked me to share openly what I believe even though it is clear what I do,I would either pull up the post where I have done so or created a new post quicker than you can say ET.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:35 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes Pleroo. The simple fact is they know they do not have a single verse of scripture to back up their belief that salvation is salvation from eternal hell. I admire all the other bibleans who have no trouble in openly sharing that is what they believe. If Finn had asked me to share openly what I believe even though it is clear what I do,I would either pull up the post where I have done so or created a new post quicker than you can say ET.
On the other hand, if the reason some people are reticent to say that they believe they are saved from eternal torment is because they are coming to realize that it isn't supported in their bible and/or because deep down they're sensing that it's a shameful doctrine, that's a good thing, wouldn't you say? Even if they're not quite ready to admit or acknowledge it to others, or maybe even to themselves, yet.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:06 AM

1,030 posts, read 840,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It sure seems like some sort of obsession, since it has to be brought into every discussion.
Out of the heart the mouth speaks or the fingers type!

I have seen this with most cult members. They find what they think is one thing everyone else has wrong and focus on that to keep from having to deal with all the other falsehoods they have swallowed. I see this a lot with one group that likes to hand out magazines door to door. They like to focus on things like the date of Jesus birth or Easter a lot to show how their organization has it right and so it must be correct on all things.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:11 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
When a thread deteriorates into chat room type insults, sidebars, and attacks on each other the thread is no longer useful for information.

This one is closed for that reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity