Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 04:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
When I first started reading the Bible, I was convicted of the sin in my own life. So I don't blame others for discarding The Word of God/Bible in favor of more tepid versions of Christianity. It can be very intimidating to embark on a deeper relationship with the Lord because it requires you to change once you realize there is a standard of living.

As more people do this, the church is less of an influence. It loses it's saltiness and becomes watered down. The church has been "secularized" at this point. People who believe in the Word of God are marginalized. Right is wrong, and wrong is right.

So not only are we becoming less moral, but we are attacking the very standard of morality. The Word of God.
Case in point....

Old 05-29-2014, 04:39 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Bible does not determine what is Christian . . . Christ does. You must NOT believe He is the LIVING Word of God so you ignore His guidance and rely on words "written in ink"thousands of years ago. You must NOT believe Christ abides with us. Do you even have a relationship with Him? How can you follow Christ if you do not know Him and do not follow His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't? Do you believe God has "written in our hearts" or not? Do you trust what is in your heart or not? Do you override what is there with the "precepts and doctrines of men" that tell you what you think SHOULD be there? Is God a part of your daily life or just an object of intellectual knowledge and ritual worship? Christians KNOW Christ abides with us and trust His guidance to the truth God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant.
Did you read Matthew 24? Here's a hint, Jesus said it himself.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Uh... because I'm Christian. I am not a Bible literalist/fundamentalist Christian.
How do you know you are Christian? If you don't follow the word of God, then how do you become a Christian?

Old 05-29-2014, 04:45 PM

Again notice the person who is "not" an atheist but not agnostic again, trying to instigate on here. It's a common theme on hot button topics on here. Never really offers insight, just tries to find ways to make this more entertainment. Also consider the people he agrees with. Amos 3:3, how can two walk together unless they agree? If a person who does not even believe in God agrees with everything you say.......come on some people are in denial on here.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:49 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Oh, I know. I'll never understand the fascination with the Bible and how fundamentalist can believe they have the one and only correct interpretation of it.
We know why you have to distance the Bible from you, your lifestyle from the Bible while wanting the desire to be still consider yourself as a "Christian" .... and why you'll never understand.

1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

Romans 1:16 ... because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes

John 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Again notice the person who is "not" an atheist but not agnostic again, trying to instigate on here. It's a common theme on hot button topics on here. Never really offers insight, just tries to find ways to make this more entertainment. Also consider the people he agrees with. Amos 3:3, how can two walk together unless they agree? If a person who does not even believe in God agrees with everything you say.......come on some people are in denial on here.
You sound like a timid little man.

Afraid to confront someone.

Prefer whispering innuendo in the shadows like...oh, I don't know - SATAN!!!?

Old 05-29-2014, 05:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Well, hello again justtitans! How ya doin?

In case that was about TroutDude you might want to wander over to the Pagan forum and find out what he believes. Because he's all about good things. Nature. His family. Is there a problem with that? Because I agree with him on a LOT of things he says (as I do with some of the atheists who share their thoughts on these threads) and I wanted to make sure you knew that.

Just, you know, in case you're trying to, I donno, shame people because you've decided TroutDude isn't doing it right. He's actually got a few things nailed. Like how he lives his life. If you're going to throw stones y'all might want to learn about the guy you're chuckin' 'em at. Oh, and trust me on this, his contributions to these threads count as much as your's.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-29-2014 at 05:46 PM..

Old 05-29-2014, 05:28 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
The Bible does not determine what is Christian . . . Christ does. You must NOT believe He is the LIVING Word of God so you ignore His guidance and rely on words "written in ink"thousands of years ago. You must NOT believe Christ abides with us. Do you even have a relationship with Him? How can you follow Christ if you do not know Him and do not follow His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't? Do you believe God has "written in our hearts" or not? Do you trust what is in your heart or not? Do you override what is there with the "precepts and doctrines of men" that tell you what you think SHOULD be there? Is God a part of your daily life or just an object of intellectual knowledge and ritual worship? Christians KNOW Christ abides with us and trust His guidance to the truth God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant.
Quote:
I follow and trust Christ. You must not believe in the New Covenant or trust that Christ abides with us and His Holy Spirit (Comforter) guides us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." You seem to follow words "written in ink" without the guidance of the Living Word of God Jesus the Christ. You do not trust what God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
How do you know you are Christian? If you don't follow the word of God, then how do you become a Christian?
When they follow Christ they ARE following the Living Word of God. Clearly you have not been paying attention. It has been made very clear and unambiguous in numerous posts . . . including those above!

Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You sound like a timid little man.

Afraid to confront someone.

Prefer whispering innuendo in the shadows like...oh, I don't know - SATAN!!!?

At least I don't go on the Pagan section and antagonize posters. If you have an issue with something I have said, I have no problem addressing you.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, hello again justtitans! How ya doin?

In case that was about TroutDude you might want to wander over to the Pagan forum and find out what he believes. Because he's all about good things. Nature. His family. Is there a problem with that? Because I agree with him on a LOT of things he says (as I do with some of the atheists who share their thoughts on these threads) and I wanted to make sure you knew that.

Just, you know, in case you're trying to, I donno, shame people because you've decided TroutDude isn't doing it right. He's actually got a few things nailed. Like how he lives his life. If you're going to throw stones y'all might want to learn about the guy you're chuckin' 'em at. Oh, and trust me on this, his contributions to these threads count as much as your's.
You know him off line? You are around him regularly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity