Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 10:03 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Show us where Jesus condemns gay people. I want a word for word quote from Jesus Christ.
Revelation 21:8
"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” ... Jesus

Revelation 22:15
"Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." .... Jesus

Leviticus 18:22
“‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." ... Jesus

(That's right, Jesus spoke Leviticus since Jesus is God and God does not change)

Which is why God told other NT writers the same message:
1 Corinthians 6:8-18
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who
have sex with men
nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:9-11

We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the
ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for
murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Hebrews 13:4
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-31-2014 at 10:13 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 10:05 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
We were taught to avoid mixed fabrics. But the level of sin was not on ths same level as homosexuiality.
What about divorce, would that be equal to homosexuality?

Old 10-31-2014, 10:07 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
My calling from God is not calling out sinners EXCEPT if they CLAIM to be Christians. Jesus never called out sinners except those claiming to be religious---as in they knew scripture backwards and forwards but practiced ugliness toward their fellow man.

Sorry, but your posts put you smack into the middle of that category, and I call what God reveals to me-you are a lost sinner with biblical knowledge. That makes it less likely you will ever find the truth or even realize it passed you by.

When we get before God's judgment seat, I will ask for mercy for my own sins and tell Him I thought He wanted to be the one passing judgment. I suppose you will tell him you want mercy but at least you weren't as bad as those homosexuals, and that you were just helping Him out with His job by telling homosexuals what abominations they are.

I feel more comfortable with any mistake I might make.
I feel confident that you are no being called at this time. But having said that I feel that when you are called it will be more tolerable in the day of Judgment for other people who had less knowledge of God's Truth than it will be for you because you have led people astray on abominable sins like homosexuality claiming you are knowledgeable and can "see" whereas you are spiritually blind to the truth and leading people into darkness and error.

And personally, I do not think that I will come up in the same Judgment as you wil come up in because I am being called and judged right now and there will be no more chance for me if I fail to repent of all of my sins now or I fail to have and be led by God's Holy Spirit. My fate will be either to come up at the 1st Resurrection or else fail and come up in the very last Resurrection and not be judged because I will have already been judged but merely resurrected and then immediately be cast into the lake of fire as a final sentence to die the 2nd death along with those who do not make it in the 2nd Resurrection and judgement who do not have or are being led by God's Holy Spirit and whose names are not written in the Book of Life.

Matthew 10:
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

You know that homosexuality is a sin and yet you teach the opposite of what the true Christ taught. You are not warning these people to repent of their sins and therefore your fate will be a Judgement less tolerable than those who were actually practising this abominable behaviour than it will be for you who actually should be following the knowledge you have and claim that you have.

I know that homosexuality is a sin and if I should fail to not live my life according to the teaching of God then I would not have God's Holy Spirit and I would be kidding myself about any chance of eternal life and my fate would be sealed -- I would be cast in the lake of fire with no second chance.

1 Peter 4:
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Even though you are not being judged now I suggest that you repent of all of your sins and quit leading people astray about homosexuality so it will be more tolerable in the day of your judgement at the time of the 2nd Resurrection at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ.

tthttf

Last edited by tthttf; 10-31-2014 at 10:39 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 10:15 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
We were taught to avoid mixed fabrics. But the level of sin was not on ths same level as homosexuiality.
Why not? They are both ordered 'by the lord thy god', according to Leviticus.

And speaking of Leviticus, why do you cut your beard?

Don't forget:

Leviticus
19:37 Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the LORD.

You seem to be one of those cafeteria christians... you know, picking and choosing.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:18 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
I feel confident that you are no being called at this time. But having said that I feel that when you are called it will be more tolerable in the day of Judgment for other people who had less knowledge of God's Truth than it will be for you because you have led people astray on abominable sins like homosexuality claiming you are knowledgable and can "see" whereas you are spiritually blind to the truth and leading people into darkness and error.

And personally, I do not think that I will come up in the same Judgment as you wil come up in because I am being called and judged right now and there will be no more chance for me if I fail to repent of all of my sins now and are being led by the Holy Spirit. My fate will be to come up at the 1st Resurrection or else fail and come up in the very last Resuirrection and not be judged because I will have already been judged but merely resurrected and then immediately be cast into the lake of fire as a final sentence to die the 2nd death along with those who do not make in the 2nd Resurrection and judgement who do not have or are being led by God's Holy Spirit and whose names are not written in the Book of Life.

Matthew 10:
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

You know that homosexuality is a sin and yet you teach the opposite of what the true Christ taught. You are not warning these people to repent of their sins and therefore your fate will be a Judgement less tolerable than those who were actually practising this abominable behavior than it will be for you who actually should be following the knowledge you have and claim that you have.

I know that homosexuality is a sin and if I should fail to not live my life according to the teaching of God then I would not have God's Holy Spirit and I would be kidding myself about any chance of eternal life and my fate would be sealed -- I would be cast in the lake of fire with no second chance.

1 Peter 4:
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Even though you are not being judged now I suggest that you repent of all of your sins and quit leading people astray about homosexuality so it will be more tolerable in the day of your judgement at the time of the 2nd Resurrection at the end of 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ.

tthttf
No two ways about it, I am a sinner and deserve whatever God chooses to measure out to me. My righteousness does not exceed that od any homosexual, as yours must surely do. I'm hoping for grace and mercy IN SPITE of my sin. That's why I practice sharing it. There is not a chance for me based on my righteousness which is filthy rags in the sight of my Lord.

No problem for you. Your righteousness will get you through the pearly gates.

But you may wish to read post #348, perhaps you may see Jesus speaking to you.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-31-2014 at 10:27 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
No two ways about it, I am a sinner and deserve whatever God chooses to measure out to me. My righteousness does not exceed that od any homosexual, as yours must surely do. I'm hoping for grace and mercy IN SPITE of my sin. That's why I practice sharing it. There is not a chance for me based on my righteousness which is filthy rags in the sight of my Lord.

No problem for you. Your righteousness will get you through the pearly gates.

But you may wish to read post #348, perhaps you may see Jesus speaking to you.
Believe me, I just revealed some Truth to you that you may never see or hear again until your day of Judgement and that ought to shock and humble you if you had eyes to see and ears to hear.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:05 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Believe me, I just revealed some Truth to you that you may never see or hear again until your day of Judgement and that ought to shock and humble you if you had eyes to see and ears to hear.
If I have no eyes and ears then I'm in the same place you are, depending on my righteousness for salvation, instead of my Savior.

Good luck with that.

Read #348 again, and again, and again. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. This is your thread, started in an ugly and judgmental way and continued in the same manner. With what measure you judge, so shall it be returned to you. God's love is not displayed by you, neither is mercy or kindness. So you shall reap what you have sown.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 PM

251 posts, read 299,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
Do you believe gay people go to hell?

When you die and go to heaven, and there is a bunch of gay people there (and trust me there will be), will you be disappointed?
Um,no there will not be. If gays make it into heaven then they renounced homosexuality and therefore not gay anymore. Can't fool God by saying you're not gay but secretly are.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
Um,no there will not be. If gays make it into heaven then they renounced homosexuality and therefore not gay anymore. Can't fool God by saying you're not gay but secretly are.
LOL.

Thanks for that.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
If I have no eyes and ears then I'm in the same place you are, depending on my righteousness for salvation, instead of my Savior.

Good luck with that.

Read #348 again, and again, and again. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked.
And your sin is to have people repeat the sins that were condemned in the very Word of God for all to see.

I suggest you reread the opening post and begin preaching that homosexuality is an abominable sin. May you repent and teach the righteousness of God and not embrace this abominable sin.

You are teaching people to worship a false God and a false Christ - a god and christ that allow homosexuality - which is an abomination to the true God and the true Christ.

Acts 17:
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

May you repent so that your judgment will be more tolerable for you at the 2nd Resurrection.

tthttf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity