Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 05:14 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,738,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post

You are puffed up and are not advocating proper Christian conduct.
And you are not PRACTICING proper Christian speech, nor exhibiting Christ's love.

Quote:
Instead of bringing unrepentant sodomites and lesbians into your fellowship and getting all puffed up about it because in your own eyes you have so much more love than those who condemn their sins (not them personally) you should be condemning this wicked lifestyle so these people will see their error and repent and eventually be given God's Holy Spirit and ultimately be saved.
You've done a lot of condemning--and quite handsomely. There have been a few gays on this thread but I haven't seen a single one making a post that says your condemnation has made him/her see the error of their ways so much that they are going down to the corner church to accept Jesus. If what you are writing isn't working, then at the very least you are ineffective as a witness of how good God is. And if you are ineffective then making the same posts is going to net you the same results--nothing.

Quote:
Your are actually a far more hindrance in the process of conversion than you can ever imagine and yet you are so blind to it because you are so obsecessed with a glorfied concept of your own self-righteousness it is actually the plank in your own eye that is your problem.
Well, since you have not converted any gays, you must be the same kind of hindrance as me. I suspect the difference is gay people will talk to me--at least the ones I know don't have a problem with that--and I always identify myself as a Christian--but one who has no intention of laying a guilt trip on them. I prefer making self-righteous gay bashers feel guilty. Not every gay is interested in religion, but even the ones who might be are turned off by the kind of diatribe you are posting. Wake up and smell the roses. Go outside and view the rainbow.

Quote:
One must repent and I am giving out one of pieces of the puzzle that some who are trapped in the sin of homosexuality need to find if they are ever to start the process of conversion to a true Christian and to eternal life.
I agree one must repent. I've been urging you to do so. But you've been unable to see your own sin is to God what you perceive gays sin is to you. You're in the same boat with them. If you sink them--it sinks you, too. You needn't understand their sexual preference. I sure don't. But aren't they as deserving of acceptance as you are? Or are you HOLIER than homosexuals? I believe you think so.

I know you are angry with the jabs and counter jabs I'm laying on you. I hope it makes you very, very angry. Because how you think YOU are being treated by me, is how the gays that read your ugly posts are seeing you. In that sense, you should be able to understand their frustration at what you are saying. It hurts them, and it angers them--and that in no way reflects Christ and will never, ever start a conversation about conversion.

You've never known a Christian gay. But I have. He was a wonderful pianist and could play southern gospel music and sing. He didn't advertise his sexual orientation, but those of us who knew him realized the internal conflict as he struggled with who he was and what people like you told him. He went to Southern Seminary in Louisville and became a pastor of a church in Indiana and held that position for about ten years before dying of aids. He was a good man. His homosexuality did not in any way lessen his love of God---and he showed it to others in a manner you haven't even come close to on CD. When he was singing or preaching, I never thought about him being gay. I saw the joy in his face. And why your postings disgust me is that you and those like you would deny that man a right to praise God along with you. So call me self-righteous if you wish, but I have enough humility to stand next to any gay who says they want to worship God. Based on your postings and rants about homosexuals, you would be unworthy to wash that good man's feet.

Get your nose out of the Bible which you don't appear to understand and look around you. Try living the same life as Jesus. Sit down with those awful sinners. Trade stories with them. Laugh at their jokes and think what it must be like to be gay. They suffer so much abuse from those like you, such intolerance and hate--do you really think even one of them CHOOSES that kind of life? They don't choose it. For most of them it is a horrible discovery. Some feel like lepers trying to hide who they are. For you to say they CHOOSE their sexual orientation is like saying you would if you could CHOOSE to be a leper. They often have a sense of alienation--particularly the ones brought up in Christian homes.

Sorry, but your judgmental posts reveal a spirit that is insensitive to emotional hurt and pain--and that's not like Jesus at all.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:44 AM

16,740 posts, read 15,755,116 times
Quote:

<snip>

Instead of bringing unrepentant sodomites and lesbians into your fellowship and getting all puffed up about it because in your own eyes you have so much more love than those who condemn their sins (not them personally) you should be condemning this wicked lifestyle so these people will see their error and repent and eventually be given God's Holy Spirit and ultimately be saved.<snip>
You should be aware that "sodomites" is an inappropriate term for use is this circumstance. Sodomy, as normally used to mean anal sex, is practiced by 60% of heterosexual couples, 40% of gay male couples, and rarely by lesbian couples. If my memory serves me correctly, this came from research by the Pew Foundation.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:02 AM

951 posts, read 1,055,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You should be aware that "sodomites" is an inappropriate term for use is this circumstance. Sodomy, as normally used to mean anal sex, is practiced by 60% of heterosexual couples, 40% of gay male couples, and rarely by lesbian couples. If my memory serves me correctly, this came from research by the Pew Foundation.
I am using the term sodomites to mean male homosexuals and not being specific on their actual sexual practices.

Sodom was a ancient city destroyed by God because of sexual perversion and other sins.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
And you are not PRACTICING proper Christian speech, nor exhibiting Christ's love.

You've done a lot of condemning--and quite handsomely. There have been a few gays on this thread but I haven't seen a single one making a post that says your condemnation has made him/her see the error of their ways so much that they are going down to the corner church to accept Jesus. If what you are writing isn't working, then at the very least you are ineffective as a witness of how good God is. And if you are ineffective then making the same posts is going to net you the same results--nothing.

Well, since you have not converted any gays, you must be the same kind of hindrance as me. I suspect the difference is gay people will talk to me--at least the ones I know don't have a problem with that--and I always identify myself as a Christian--but one who has no intention of laying a guilt trip on them. I prefer making self-righteous gay bashers feel guilty. Not every gay is interested in religion, but even the ones who might be are turned off by the kind of diatribe you are posting. Wake up and smell the roses. Go outside and view the rainbow.

I agree one must repent. I've been urging you to do so. But you've been unable to see your own sin is to God what you perceive gays sin is to you. You're in the same boat with them. If you sink them--it sinks you, too. You needn't understand their sexual preference. I sure don't. But aren't they as deserving of acceptance as you are? Or are you HOLIER than homosexuals? I believe you think so.

I know you are angry with the jabs and counter jabs I'm laying on you. I hope it makes you very, very angry. Because how you think YOU are being treated by me, is how the gays that read your ugly posts are seeing you. In that sense, you should be able to understand their frustration at what you are saying. It hurts them, and it angers them--and that in no way reflects Christ and will never, ever start a conversation about conversion.

You've never known a Christian gay. But I have. He was a wonderful pianist and could play southern gospel music and sing. He didn't advertise his sexual orientation, but those of us who knew him realized the internal conflict as he struggled with who he was and what people like you told him. He went to Southern Seminary in Louisville and became a pastor of a church in Indiana and held that position for about ten years before dying of aids. He was a good man. His homosexuality did not in any way lessen his love of God---and he showed it to others in a manner you haven't even come close to on CD. When he was singing or preaching, I never thought about him being gay. I saw the joy in his face. And why your postings disgust me is that you and those like you would deny that man a right to praise God along with you. So call me self-righteous if you wish, but I have enough humility to stand next to any gay who says they want to worship God. Based on your postings and rants about homosexuals, you would be unworthy to wash that good man's feet.

Get your nose out of the Bible which you don't appear to understand and look around you. Try living the same life as Jesus. Sit down with those awful sinners. Trade stories with them. Laugh at their jokes and think what it must be like to be gay. They suffer so much abuse from those like you, such intolerance and hate--do you really think even one of them CHOOSES that kind of life? They don't choose it. For most of them it is a horrible discovery. Some feel like lepers trying to hide who they are. For you to say they CHOOSE their sexual orientation is like saying you would if you could CHOOSE to be a leper. They often have a sense of alienation--particularly the ones brought up in Christian homes.

Sorry, but your judgmental posts reveal a spirit that is insensitive to emotional hurt and pain--and that's not like Jesus at all.
Like I said, you are puffed up and are encouraging homosexuals to keep on sinning. That is exactly what those in the Corinthian church were doing and Paul had to have them put this man out to bring about the repentance needed for this man's character development. You are actually a hindrance to the conversion process by prolonging their sins and you are so puffed up about your love for others that you can't see it.

Purge out the old leaven...

tthttf

Old 10-24-2014, 07:14 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,759,255 times
Quote:
Like I said, you are puffed up and are encouraging homosexuals to keep on sinning. That is exactly what those in the Corinthian church were doing and Paul had to have them put this man out to bring about the repentance needed for this man's character development. You are actually a hindrance to the conversion process by prolonging their sins and you are so puffed up about your love for others that you can't see it.

Purge out the old leaven...

tthttf
If we are to go with Wardendresden's brand of Christianity then forget Paul. Just ignore all those books. The only thing that matters in the Bible is the story of Jesus and the adulterous woman!

Old 10-24-2014, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
Do you believe gay people go to hell?

When you die and go to heaven, and there is a bunch of gay people there (and trust me there will be), will you be disappointed?
"Trust me"??? On what basis should anyone trust your opinion? Have you been there? Why don't you take a moment to read the Bible - Specifically I Corinthians 6:9-11. You read there that there certainly will be EX-homosexuals in heaven, but it states with equal clarity that unrepentant, practicing homosexuals shall not inherit God's kingdom. You are free to hold your opinions of course, but it may be safer to trust the charter-document of Christianity.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:38 PM

Default Homosexuality invades the spiritual heartland of America

Homosexuality invades the spiritual heartland of America

Moderator cut: Political remarks removed ...

Moderator cut: Political remarks removed ...

Those with no understanding of the scriptures can't see the danger and are being duped into following like sheep...

What are we who see the grave danger and are outnumbered to do?

Pray...and pray...and fast...and pray... and fast...etc...etc...etc

In the Bible, homosexuality is a capital crime written down for all to see:

Leviticus 20:13

KJV:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

ERV:
“If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death. They are responsible for their own death.

Homosexual unions being called same-sex marriages are really just state sanctioned institutions of serial capital crimes of homosexuality.

Serial murderers are stopped and eventually executed (maybe).

Serial rapists are stopped and eventually executed (maybe).

But this situation is being allowed to fester and no one in power today really seems to care. They think that things will get better and have no vision of the future and how this is all going to play out. Forget about them opening a Bible and seeing the lessons of Sodom and Gomorrah. Forget about them reading chapters Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28.

I say it's time to get down on our knees and pray more than ever before to have God intervene. These people forcing this sin down our throats don't even believe there is a real God. It's show time.........

Moderator cut: Political remarks removed . Pray and fast to have God intervene and remove this horrific evil plague on America's spiritual heartland...

tthttf

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-25-2014 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Political remarks removed

Old 10-24-2014, 10:41 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,412,054 times
This is the 21st century. Gay and lesbian people are just people like anyone else.

It's crazy comparing them to serial rapists and murderers.

It's dangerous advocating that they deserve to be killed.

This crazed vilification and hate mongering needs to stop.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
This is the 21st century. Gay and lesbian people are just people like anyone else. This crazed vilification of them needs to stop.
Read the instruction book God has for mankind -- the Holy Bible.

They are vile sinners who need to repent of capital crimes.

tthttf

Old 10-24-2014, 10:45 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,793,445 times
By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity