Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 05:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,236,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The solution is to seek the will of God and He will fullfill the desires of your heart. In the grand scheme of things, marriage is a brief experience compared to eternity.
No, the solution is to promote stable monogamous relationships. All the prayer in the world will not change my sexual orientation.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:57 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,763,068 times
Quote:
The solution is to seek the will of God and He will fullfill the desires of your heart. In the grand scheme of things, marriage is a brief experience compared to eternity.
Are you married? If you fell in love with someone and were told that you could not get married to them would you be okay with that?

People should be able to fall in love with others without some nutjobs having a fit. People should be able to have sex with anyone they want to (consensual sex) without some judgmental weirdos interfering. No one is forcing you to have gay sex so this should not be an issue.

I guess I just find this whole obsession with who people sleep with and fall in love with odd. If anything I think it is great anytime a person finds a partner. There is so much hate and violence in this world, we all should want more love and sex and all that good stuff for everyone.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:15 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,663,461 times
Quote:
Exodus International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Are you suggesting something along these lines?

Old 11-10-2014, 07:42 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,728,352 times
Quote:
I can say the same for you. I have yet to see a response from you that was even remotely friendly or nice. But I'm not here to preach or demonstrate faith. The only reason I bother to respond is to combat the many lies posted about the Bible and the Christian faith. Frankly, I'm tired of fighting with you so just relax.

Have a coke and smile, man. Or at least an olive branch.
Go read your Bible some more and tell us who were the only people Jesus came down hard upon--right to their face? Homosexuals? Adulterers? Murderers? Thieves?

No, it was religious people who used scripture as a weapon instead of an instrument of love. So please understand that the only EXAMPLES we have of Jesus speaking heatedly and pointedly at anyone are "religious" people. People He called "vipers." Do you think viper and abomination were perhaps interchangeable in His mind?

Billy Graham once said, "God judges, the Holy Spirit convicts, and my job is to love."

Try it. You may find it has better results than what you've been experiencing.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:02 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,383,381 times
Quote:
You are wildly distorting my original point which is that there are real life consequences to the gay lifestyle.
Nope it is still you wildly distorting reality in the ways I have explained and you have retreated from. So I will repeat them:

1) You distort statistics by discussing "Homosexuals" but cherry picking statistics that focus solely on sub sets of that group, while simply avoiding statistics that consider homosexuality as a whole.

2) You distort homosexuality by making it synonymous with anal sex when the two things are entirely different things.

3) You attempts to mediate the morality of marital privileges for homosexuals based on anal sex but do nothing to discuss heterosexuals who have anal sex. You can't deny marriage or ethical validation to same sex couples on this basis.

4) You suggest that unprotected straight sex is less risky than protected anal sex, yet have provided not a shred of substantiation for this contention.

5) You keep stating that gays get STD more than heterosexuals, but while cherry picking and distorting statistics to support this, you have not addressed in ANY way my point that this is not a safe mediation point for morality. For analogy I offered the fact that we do not discuss extreme sports as being less moral because participants by capita receive more injuries and fatalities than, say, people doing lawn bowling and tennis.

Quote:
Now unless you can prove to me that most gay men never have anal sex, it's a fact.
And as usual you, when backed into a corner, attempt to shift the burden of proof to have others prove the negative of your unsubstantiated claims. It is for you, not them, to establish the figures of the pervasiveness of anal sex in that community.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:48 PM

467 posts, read 354,149 times
Same-sex marriage? Is that like carnivorous vegetarianism? What are you guys talking about?

Old 11-13-2014, 12:53 PM

467 posts, read 354,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
5) You keep stating that gays get STD more than heterosexuals, but while cherry picking and distorting statistics to support this, you have not addressed in ANY way my point that this is not a safe mediation point for morality. For analogy I offered the fact that we do not discuss extreme sports as being less moral because participants by capita receive more injuries and fatalities than, say, people doing lawn bowling and tennis.
While this is probably a legitimate point, I am not sure that the phrase "cherry picking" is one that I would use in a discussion of AIDS victims. I won't even go into the use of the word "analogy."

Old 11-13-2014, 04:05 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,303,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
They point at Homosexual sins for two reasons.

1. To avoid dealing with the other serious sins in their churches

2. Homosexuality is being forced on people as normal behavior and accept it or pay a price.

Have you seen any laws passed requiring everyone to accept adultery as normal and not a sin?

3. They are small minded bigots.

There are no laws being passed to make everyone require to accept gay sex as normal either. If you don't want to accept it, then that is your choice.

Last edited by ~HecateWhisperCat~; 11-13-2014 at 04:15 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Having recently watched a federal judge overthrow the will of the people in my state who voted to ban same-sex marriage I feel we are in perilous times.

A single act of homosexuality is considered an abomination in God's Word the Bible. Therefore marriage between two homosexuals is off the moral scale as far as abominations go. I think we all need to wake up before our nation is destroyed for this and all the rest of our horrible sins.

There is NO double standard with God.

Here is a scripture from the both King James Version and the Easy-to-Read Version of the Bible:

Leviticus 20:13

KJV:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

ERV:
“If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death. They are responsible for their own death.

The US Government is promoting sin and eventually we are all going to have to pay a heavy price.

We don't live in a theocracy. You obviously have no knowledge of the constitution either.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I respectfully disagree.

You cannot overthrow the scriptures. They are plain and can't be twisted.

But you can overthrow a nation by a handful of federal judges given absolute power if we are not careful.

Our children are watching same sex adults kissing and hugging like their mother and father and not one of these liberals seems to see the damage that does.

tthttf
You do realize that a major function of the judiciary is to interpret the constitution, correct? Just because the will of the people pass a bill, doesn't mean it is legal. It's also amusing how the same right wingers like yourself have no problem when the courts find in your favor . What damage is it going to do for them to see a loving couple kiss or hug? It seems to me you are upset that your children might see it and not agree with your archaic views is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity