Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 04:50 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times

Advertisements

Whats the worse that can come out of premarital sex??
Its not like they will get an unplanned or unwanted pregnancies, STD's, baby daddy/momma drama, or be stuck with child support payments to someone they cant stand a week after the sexual encounter or anything like that!!

Old 03-03-2015, 05:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wait. God punishes unwed mothers? Is that what you believe?
They punish themselves and their children by their actions and the situation it puts them all in, God just allows the freedom to be that stupid.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:11 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,441 times
Does this thread really belong in the Christian forum?

Old 03-03-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
They punish themselves and their children by their actions and the situation it puts them all in, God just allows the freedom to be that stupid.
This is a truly ridiculous statement and certainly sounds misogynistic. My 3rd daughter is an unwed mother and had sense enough to leave the "baby daddy" who she finally realized was not worthy of her. God is not punishing her. The daddy is pretty miserable now that the mama isn't keeping him up though. I can't think of anyone happier than my 3rd daughter, quite honestly - she has always been a person who brings joy into a room and spreads it to others. Her love and positive outlook are a light to others.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
God does punish sin in this life. For example, being a thief, if you keep it up usually ends up putting the thief in prison or receiving other punishments.

He lets the corporate bankers off the hook though, right? There are no bigger theives I can think of that the current ruling Oligarchs. I do believe they will get their judgement - but probably not in this life.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:24 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Does this thread really belong in the Christian forum?
I think it's relevant here.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:26 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
This is a truly ridiculous statement and certainly sounds misogynistic. My 3rd daughter is an unwed mother and had sense enough to leave the "baby daddy" who she finally realized was not worthy of her. God is not punishing her. The daddy is pretty miserable now that the mama isn't keeping him up though. I can't think of anyone happier than my 3rd daughter, quite honestly - she has always been a person who brings joy into a room and spreads it to others. Her love and positive outlook are a light to others.
Note I did not say God punished her. She and the child no longer have a complete family. Ok, probably his fault, unless of course they weren't married, then they share the pain and hurt the child will ultimately feel over the broken family. She may be "happy", but how much happier if it had been a good relationship and so much more beneficial to the child as well. Hopefully your attention and the child's mother will help overcome most of it.

I do know where I am coming from as my first wife ran off and fortunately the woman I married later has been an excellent mother. neither she nor I ever say anything bad about her mother either as that will harm any child. I made a bad choice the first time and while I now have a very good and loving wife, my daughter has a broken home and family for the rest of her life.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
I can't think of anyone happier than my 3rd daughter, quite honestly - she has always been a person who brings joy into a room and spreads it to others. Her love and positive outlook are a light to others.
Amen! And glad to hear you have such a wonderful blessing in your life, Heart_Song.

I don't understand the judgement of fundamentalists who think people should be shamed. (As if they're all paragons of virtue. **rolls eyes**) Innocent kids suffer when people are looking at the parents and saying, "You made a mistake! Your actions are stupid. God didn't want you having sex." We should have trashed that attitude years ago.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-03-2015 at 07:08 PM..

Old 03-03-2015, 06:56 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
So do you refute the findings? Do you think women who have children out of wedlock are more likely to stay married? What is the issues that you have with the information here?
The small sample is not statistically significant. The experimental design is flawed.

The findings are worthless. The questions were leading. No one uses the phrase "Hook up in a study without giving a comprehensive definition of the meaning and behaviors.

The study is garbage. There are really no findings to refute.

Ps- I do not think women need to be married to have children. We do not need your permission. We only need your sperm. Women have been raising their children without a partner for centuries. As long as the woman is not forced into having children she does not want, I see no issue.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 03-03-2015 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 03-03-2015, 07:13 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Just so you know.... The Daily Mail is Great Britain's version of the National Enquirer.
I honestly didn't know that so thank you for letting me know. I learned something new today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity