Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 01:16 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Studies show contrary. Married Christians tend to have more and better sex.
More to the point, they tend to be more satisfied with their sex lives and have a happier marriage relationship overall.

There might be all kinds of weird kinky stuff that happens. Your immorality advocates feel pretty sure that none of that happens in a traditional Christian marriage where both parties waited till marriage to have sex. I beg to differ, only speaking only for myself. I can certainly live without the really disgusting stuff. The ungodly keep it all that craziness. But things are by no means boring just because you believe in Jesus and try to do as he has asked.

The studies have found that the more sexual partners you have had, the less capable you are to have a sexually satisfying relationship. This is particularly powerful among women.

Here's a relatively religion-neutral breakdown of things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxHIftZVfrQ

Old 04-15-2020, 01:21 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
More?

Maybe since you are allowed to rape your wives, right?

There's no such thing as marital rape, right BFun?

Old 04-15-2020, 01:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Married Christians tend to have more and better sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I seriously doubt that.
Quote:
Oh? Are you a Christian? Are you married?
I don't use the label due to the view points of fundamentalists, and my wife is deceased, any other questions? The point is that you don't have to be a Christian to be married, or to have more or better sex/intimacy. Obviously, you have a very prideful view of yourself as a Christian; and a head full of nonsense when it comes to your beliefs.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Married Christians tend to have more and better sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
More to the point, they tend to be more satisfied with their sex lives and have a happier marriage relationship overall.
Christians or married people in general? Because the divorce rate says otherwise.
I know more Christians on their 3-5 marriage, than those who are non-Christian.

Old 04-15-2020, 02:09 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Christians or married people in general? Because the divorce rate says otherwise.
I think that having much better outcomes on average is religion-neutral. I expect that you can be an atheist or Hindu or whatever.

There does seem to be a very good reason that almost every human society seems to have independently developed the concepts of chastity, marital fidelity and keeping sex within marriage. It really and truly makes society work better when everybody plays by those rules. The breakdown of all of the above tend to precede societal and cultural collapse. It's up to you whether you think these rules came from a loving benevolent creator of are just humanity noticing what works over thousands of years.

I can easily find you loads of Christians who are keep up a good face for their church, but are some of the most sexually irresponsible people imaginable. I can also easily find you atheists who were virgins until marriage, married once and faithful till the day they die. But it is true that if you are raised in a religion that strongly encourages morality and chastity, you're more likely to actually live it. Few people are going to come to these kinds of ideas just cuz they thought it through and realized it was a good idea. Chastity requires intentional suppression of biological driven desires and imperatives. If you are not taught it, you likely won't live it. And yes there are countless studies that back this up. Religious people as a whole tend to be vastly more likely to wait till they are married and not cheat after marriage.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Quote:
Easy enough to find them. There are a lot of people who are solidly committed to not having sex before marriage. Within that group:[LIST][*]Me. [*]My wife. [*]My four sisters. [*]A sizable list of people that I know very well.[*]A whole lot of Orthodox Jews, Quakers and Mormons -- groups that are certainly not perfect but tend to commit much more strongly to abstaining from premarital sex. [*]A very significant subset of devout Muslims, Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Pentecostals, and the rest. All of them are foundationally taught that God wants them to only have sex within the bounds of marriage and many many millions of them restrain their biological urges to live accordingly.[/LIST]<snip>
This in incorrect. I've been a Quaker for nearly two decades, and can attest that we do not promote abstinence. While some individual Quakers may choose abstinence for themselves, as a group, we are cool with any kind of sex that does not involve exploitation, married or not.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
More?

Maybe since you are allowed to rape your wives, right?

Sexual compatibility matters in most relationships, married or not.
For some it can be a deal-breaker, if you are not duty-bound.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I think that having much better outcomes on average is religion-neutral. I expect that you can be an atheist or Hindu or whatever.

There does seem to be a very good reason that almost every human society seems to have independently developed the concepts of chastity, marital fidelity and keeping sex within marriage. It really and truly makes society work better when everybody plays by those rules. The breakdown of all of the above tend to precede societal and cultural collapse. It's up to you whether you think these rules came from a loving benevolent creator of are just humanity noticing what works over thousands of years.

I can easily find you loads of Christians who are keep up a good face for their church, but are some of the most sexually irresponsible people imaginable. I can also easily find you atheists who were virgins until marriage, married once and faithful till the day they die. But it is true that if you are raised in a religion that strongly encourages morality and chastity, you're more likely to actually live it. Few people are going to come to these kinds of ideas just cuz they thought it through and realized it was a good idea. Chastity requires intentional suppression of biological driven desires and imperatives. If you are not taught it, you likely won't live it. And yes there are countless studies that back this up. Religious people as a whole tend to be vastly more likely to wait till they are married and not cheat after marriage.
I have seen the good, bad, and ugly on both sides of the fence.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:44 AM

1,754 posts, read 756,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
This in incorrect. I've been a Quaker for nearly two decades, and can attest that we do not promote abstinence. While some individual Quakers may choose abstinence for themselves, as a group, we are cool with any kind of sex that does not involve exploitation, married or not.
I think that is something that has evolved with more and more meeting houses in recent times.

Quote:
There is something called marital rape and it isn't civilized to say otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Unless you've tried it, you will never know for sure.
I said this wrong.

In terms of the study, I think that there would be a difference between a couple having premarital relations but just and only between each other before marriage and a couple where they both slept with 100 people before marriage.

I don't see much of a difference between two people being physical before their marriage if they are truly committed to each other versus waiting until marriage.

Quote:
I have been with many married xian women, and as sexually deprived they were with their husbands, I can say they did have a lot more and crazy better sex.

Atheist do it like no one is watching.
That can be a bit gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity