Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:49 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,923 times

Advertisements

Trying to prove through pseudo-science that your religious beliefs are right?... Hmm. Seems like someone is a bit doubtful, doesn't it?

Old 03-04-2015, 10:42 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Your study would not pass muster in a first year class. I was unaware you were the author.

I read studies with a critical eye. You are too close to it, and wanting it to be true is not research.

A poorly designed study, with poor methodology is bogus. Design a study so you can determine your confidence in the outcome. I am poking an prodding for something worthy of your time and effort, not something that may or may not agree with your premise.

You are wrong for assuming I am biased. Scientific research and study is done to eliminate bias. I do not like junk science posing as something more substantial.

I do not have issue with your topic. I have problems with your design and methodology. Throw in the scientific word hook up.

I picked one of your links at random. In statistics we use the random number table, however I used my computer pad.

The link was the study with marriage in the title. It has the cute baby on the front, and the pages are all red, white and blue. The use of colors and baby was specific designed to evoke a response. Again, it is leading the reader. All the razzle dazzle is a red flag for me when reading any research. Substance does not need razzle dazzle.

I then read the study. Once I got to the the real sample size, buried in the fine print, I read the study again with that in mind, and judged the data accordingly.

I do the same with any study and research. If I want to bring people to my way of thinking. and want to use research, and science, it is going to be the best research. If I put my name on it, people like me are not going to be able to critique my method.

Stop defending poor research. Learn to look with a critical and discerning eye. You should do this every time.

If you want to prove, or disprove the hypothesis about premarital sex, design a better study. This one is flawed. It is not worthy of your efforts.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 03-04-2015 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-05-2015, 04:31 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Is this study about having sex sans marriage or having children sans marriage?
Having children, which in this case is a byproduct premarital sex, is being shown to cause issues in a marriage, so it's clearly very much related. Having children is not mutually exclusive from sex, so how do you separate the two?

Old 03-05-2015, 04:38 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The small sample is not statistically significant. The experimental design is flawed.

The findings are worthless. The questions were leading. No one uses the phrase "Hook up in a study without giving a comprehensive definition of the meaning and behaviors.

The study is garbage. There are really no findings to refute.

Ps- I do not think women need to be married to have children. We do not need your permission. We only need your sperm. Women have been raising their children without a partner for centuries. As long as the woman is not forced into having children she does not want, I see no issue.
That's why this is a Christianity forum, where what you think doesn't necessarily apply. Fornication is something that is considered to be sin in Christianity, you obviously aren't a Christians, so why do you have to point out something that is irrelevant. It's one thing to say that you don't think the Bible forbids it, but how does your personal opinion relate to this topic if you are already opposed to Christian views?

There is no replacement for a man, just like there is no replacement for a woman. That is why God created us male and female. A man's sperm is needed and his DNA is carried with that child because it was intended for man and woman to be together, not for women to assume responsibility on their own.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
That's why this is a Christianity forum, where what you think doesn't necessarily apply. Fornication is something that is considered to be sin in Christianity, you obviously aren't a Christians, so why do you have to point out something that is irrelevant. It's one thing to say that you don't think the Bible forbids it, but how does your personal opinion relate to this topic if you are already opposed to Christian views?

There is no replacement for a man, just like there is no replacement for a woman. That is why God created us male and female. A man's sperm is needed and his DNA is carried with that child because it was intended for man and woman to be together, not for women to assume responsibility on their own.

hahahaha

I do not think you represent Christianity. You represent the Anti-Christ. I will not allow you to decide whether I am worthy. Not going to happen. Ever.

What I do know is; you do not have the ability to read something, and realize is is a waste of the paper it was written on. That has nothing to do with your faith. Cloaking yourself in ignorance does not mean you get to cloak me in it, too.

Your sperm, due to biology, is the only thing necessary. Nothing more. Women have been raising their children alone for centuries, and quite successfully. God has given women this strength. Men have proved themselves to be the weaker vessel in the bible. Shocking. I know.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 03-05-2015 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: -puntuation

Old 03-05-2015, 07:47 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,531,102 times
Quote:
God has given women this strength. Men have proved themselves to be the weaker vessel in the bible. Shocking. I know.
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

God, through Peter, just called you a liar. Actually he called you a liar beforehand. Which proves His greatness.

God - Man - Woman ... is the truth.

God - Woman - Man = HELL, as many people (both men and women) can tell you.

Last edited by cowdog; 03-05-2015 at 08:12 PM..

Old 03-05-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

God, through Peter, just called you a lair. Actually he called you a lair beforehand. Which proves His greatness.

God - Man - Woman ... is the truth.

God - Woman - Man = HELL, as many people (both men and women) can tell you.
God has never called me a lair what ever lair is.

Your truth is flawed. Let us review.

You believe Satan is a man.

It was a man who lead the Roman guards to Jesus for coin.

It was men who crucified and tortured Jesus.

It was a group of men who abandoned Jesus by falling asleep, several times on his last night.

It was men who did not believe when they were told Jesus was not in the tomb.

It was a woman who gave birth to Jesus. Without her, Jesus would not exist.

At no time was Jesus betrayed, or harmed by women. My sisters are not weaker vessels. Not by a long shot.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
God has never called me a lair what ever lair is.

Your truth is flawed. Let us review.

You believe Satan is a man.

It was a man who lead the Roman guards to Jesus for coin.

It was men who crucified and tortured Jesus.

It was a group of men who abandoned Jesus by falling asleep, several times on his last night.

It was men who did not believe when they were told Jesus was not in the tomb.

It was a woman who gave birth to Jesus. Without her, Jesus would not exist.

At no time was Jesus betrayed, or harmed by women. My sisters are not weaker vessels. Not by a long shot.
So I misspelled liar, big deal, I quoted God's word, which isn't your word. AND YOU DO NOT BELIEVE GOD. That is a big deal, for you.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
So I misspelled liar, big deal, I quoted God's word, which isn't your word. AND YOU DO NOT BELIEVE GOD. That is a big deal, for you.
I had no idea. God has never called me a liar either.

You do not get to tell me anything about my faith, and SHOUTING that I do not believe in God does not make it true either, as you well know.

Did I tell you Jesus was anointed by women?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:41 PM

Even after Jesus was born, God could have raised up sons from stones, the woman wasn't necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity