Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 05:03 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
So

Your ideal? You have decided everyone's ideal. You place the burden on women, making you less than ideal in the scheme of things.

Women have always been blamed for the failure of men.

"No, no. The rumor I taste like chicken is not true. I taste terrible."

The woman believed the snake, ate a piece of fruit, and it tasted good enough to share.
When God confronted the man about his sin, he pointed at the women and said,
"She did it"
It's not my personal ideal situation, it's God idea. He doesn't condone fornication, he considers it a sin. If he thought it was good he wouldn't call it a sin.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
To be fair, I am providing evidence that is absolutely true.

In our family, premarital sex and living with a sexual partner worked very well. It saved our son from a probable bad marriage. On the other hand, his wife of 9 years is a real gem.
I'm not suggesting it isn't true, I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily mean that premarital sex is a good thing, especially for the majority of people.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
But does your God say that waiting until you are married results in happier marriages? If not then the study finding that it does not would not go against your religion as there are other reasons not to have sex before marriage. Is it important to you that any study needs to support your religious views?
YES, because he considers it sin. Anything that is considered sin is not good.

It is not necessary for a study to support my religious views. It's important for people like yourself and other who do not believe that God's plan is the best plan. Of course I am sure you disagree.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:29 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Hmm....

If you wish to clean up anything, please start with #10, and notice you do not hold yourself to the same standards regarding my faith through out our discussion.

You do not get to define my faith. Read those TOS again and apply it to your every word.

You will know them by their fruits.-- Mathew

Don't blame me if Mathew agrees. We do not own the word of God.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
You do not get to define my faith.
So what are you doing to me when you say I'm not a Christian?

I never defined your faith, I just asked you point blank if you were a Christian and every time I ask you, you deflect. If you were, why be ashamed of saying yes?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
The same thing you did when you told me my opinions did not belong on the Christianity board, yes?

You do not define my faith and you keep trying. You do not see that as an attack, so I decided you needed to be shown through demonstration.
It took you long enough to get it.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 03-06-2015 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 03-06-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
The same thing you did when you told me my opinions did not belong on the Christianity board, yes?

You do not define my faith and you keep trying. You do not see that as an attack, so I decided you needed to be shown through demonstration.
It took you long enough to get it.
You haven't said you are a Christian, even after asking if you were, so I can only assume that you are not.

Do you consider yourself a Christian, yes or no?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:

I never defined your faith, I just asked you point blank if you were a Christian and every time I ask you, you deflect. If you were, why be ashamed of saying yes?
What makes you think I should share that with you or you are entitled to that information? You are not.

Here goes the warm and fuzzy moment we never shared.... My faith is not your business.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:55 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
It's not my personal ideal situation, it's God idea. He doesn't condone fornication, he considers it a sin. If he thought it was good he wouldn't call it a sin.
Some do dispute this though hence I stand by my comments without completely disregarding the Bible.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:56 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Thanks

The downside is we are now both over 50 or 60
Um ... hope it's the latter. If you're 50 and just celebrated your 40th anniversary ... Look I know that folks used to marry young but 10 years old seems to be a bit extreme even for 40 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity