Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
NOBODY said you can't. What was clearly a troll posing a hypothetical (I don't b elieve for a minute that he/she is serious) ASKED if it was wrong to attend a ceremony where two deviants will call themselves married.

You got a variety of answers. You don't like mine.

If you don't want a CHRISTIAN opinion, DON'T ASK. But then you need to ask so you can go on attack.

Silly me, I THOUGHT this was a CHRISTIAN forum where the participants wanted SERIOUS discussion FROM THE SCRIPTURES.

I now realize that is not the purpose of this forum
Then let us talk scriptiures withoput the bigotry, discrimination ans sin shaming...but there are many who just focus on their personal interpretation of what they want "sin" be and try to enforce that on the rest of the world.
All the while ignoring just what it was Jesus has done for us. Some seem content on either strapping Him to the cross and never letting Him down, or they have the need to nail Him back up there everytime some "evil" though sprouts n their head.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
NOBODY said you can't. What was clearly a troll posing a hypothetical (I don't b elieve for a minute that he/she is serious) ASKED if it was wrong to attend a ceremony where two deviants will call themselves married.

If you don't want a CHRISTIAN opinion, DON'T ASK. But then you need to ask so you can go on attack.

Silly me, I THOUGHT this was a CHRISTIAN forum where the participants wanted SERIOUS discussion FROM THE SCRIPTURES.

Christians are a minority here. Most come here to judge and accuse Christians for not agreeing with issues like gay agenda and alternate beliefs. They throw the Bible in the trash and make up their own religions. Some put on the sheep's clothing and claim to preach righteousness, but their own fruit betrays them as wolves.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-21-2015 at 05:36 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Christians are a minority here.
But we are growng with each passing day...

Old 04-21-2015, 05:52 AM

963 posts, read 689,293 times
Quote:
Christians are a minority here. Most come here to judge and accuse Christians for not agreeing with issues like gay agenda and alternate beliefs. They throw the Bible in the trash and make up their own religions. Some put on the sheep's clothing and claim to preach righteousness, but their own fruit betrays them as wolves.
Yeah, I see that now. It happens in other Christian SUBforums.
It keeps out good discussion. Atheists are the most pushy evangelicals out there pushing their humanistic beliefs pn the world.

At least in the political forum I expect to debate the crazies. I hoped for spiritual rest down here.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....some are constantly whining....

If it takes holding the bible in one hand, and the cross in the other to show the world one is a Christian, it is probably going to look more like fascism than Christianity.

Most come here to judge the righteousness of others and use the hot-button issues as a litmus test to prove salvation and committment to God.

There are too many here who adhere to a manuscript that was written 150-200 years AFTER the actual events happened and history has proven that many changes have occurred and additions have been made to various sections of thebible--sometimes in ways that drastically alter the truth, yet they will not or REFUSE to even research the idea that there may be trouble in the evangelical world and that what if it really is as Jesus said when He said the two greatest commandments are LOVE GOD, LOVE NEIGHBOR because theses fulfull ALL the laws..some just cannot accept that it really is this easy and they are all hell-bent on making salavtion an elusive concept for which humnaity is always at rsk of losing should we "stray" too far from the established doctrines of teh evangelical sect.

Too many of us need to believe that salvation and acceptance by Christ requires accomplishing magnieficent deeds worthy of heroes or our salvation has no value.

We are caught up in this "no one appreciates what they do not earn," so we continue to find new and improved ways to "earn" our salvation and create "superstitions" to support why we must always live in FEAR that God could revoke our salvation at a moments notice..

Old 04-21-2015, 06:10 AM

Quote:
It keeps out good discussion. Atheists are the most pushy evangelicals out there pushing their humanistic beliefs pn the world.

At least in the political forum I expect to debate the crazies. I hoped for spiritual rest down here.
WHAT! We aren't all clones who think alike the blindly follow what the church tells us to think!?

WTH is wrong with us---no wonder God has brought about such nasty weather ----to remind his people to get the house in order before we all get SMOTED...

Old 04-21-2015, 06:31 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:

The "religion" forum was split to "religion" and "Christianity" some years ago to keep that from happening, but now things are back to the way they were before the split.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:11 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:

This is not the Christian forum. It is the Christianity forum. It is for the discussion of issues about Christianity. It has always been that way, and some people have been unhappy that it wasn't created as a private enclave for Christians, but it wasn't.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:13 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
The "religion" forum was split to "religion" and "Christianity" some years ago to keep that from happening, but now things are back to the way they were before the split.
As far as I have been able to determine, the owner of this site did not say WHY he decided to create this forum.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,172 times
Uhhhh, carl, that wasn't the OP.

SAAN is the OP. And despite getting numerous "yes" answers, he agrees with you.

Christian doesn't mean from the scriptures. It has to do with what sort of person you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoENAD7OCiI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity