Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 10:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
So then I have to hear and listen to everyone's "gospel" or "religious agenda" in order to do business with them? No, I don't think so. That is ridiculous. Unless you like to be approached by Hare Krisnas at the airport, then you do not even agree with yourself. Sharing the gospel does not mean "molest people with your personal beliefs" - in fact, that is extremely rude.
I am sorry if it offends you, but everyone has the right to talk about their faith. If you don't want to hear it, you can always go to another business. Or you can tell them to shut up about it. Its your call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 11:36 AM

277 posts, read 227,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sorry if it offends you, but everyone has the right to talk about their faith. If you don't want to hear it, you can always go to another business. Or you can tell them to shut up about it. Its your call.
You have spoken truth there Finn, and helped me prove one of the points I was trying to make.. Let it be their decision not to do business with you because of your beliefs. Let them choose not to hear the preaching of the cross rather than turning them away...

TC

Old 04-05-2015, 11:53 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Christian Businesses should not be refusing to serve an LGBT (or any other 'sinful' person)... That is a counter productive way of doing things.

Rather, Christians should be using their business to promote the gospel. The business should be focused on bringing the gospel to people and using the profits towards the Kingdom of God-not for fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. In other words, the business should first and foremost be a ministry tool. If it isn't, then what is the point of having it? If you didn't set up your business to serve the Kingdom of God, then perhaps you aren't a Christian. That said...

If an LGBT person (or any other 'sinful' person) comes to your business for a product or service, you should gladly accept their business-and explain to them right up front that; The purpose of your business is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them... And if they do business with you, they will be hearing the word of God as part of the service-no ifs and or buts about it. If that is unacceptable to them, let them be the ones who choose to leave... And if they should still choose to do business with you, then make sure above all else that they hear the gospel. Otherwise, all you have done is made money instead of disciples.

Jesus ate and drank with sinners, and He made sure that they heard 'go and sin no more'... If you cannot receive a sinner into your establishment, how are you ever going to preach them the gospel?

The point is; the vast majority of today's 'Christians' are not in business to promote the Kingdom of God, they are in business for the 'unrighteous mammon' so they can have their mortgages, SUV's, flat screen TV's, designer clothing/furniture, the latest technology gadgets, 401k's, vacations, snow machines, four wheelers, vacations,and every other must have lust of the flesh. Start using your business to promote the Kingdom of God and preach the gospel... Receive that sinner, and make sure they hear the gospel at all cost! If you cannot do that, then you just as well close your doors or quit calling yourself a Christian, because you are not serving God at that point...

TC
Oh, I agree. I agree so wholeheartedly I think all businesses holding themselves out to be Christian should be REQUIRED by state law to preach to everyone that enters their place of business. They should be REQUIRED to put a tract in the hand of every customer.

Soon, we wouldn't have so many consciencious businesses! But REQUIRING just wages, a progressive tax policy, adequate social safety networks or universal health care? Now that is asking TOO much of government and takes away our religious liberty.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
So says a failed business person. Your business failed, so you became envious of others with more success. If I can't have it, no one should have it.

Maybe you should give honesty a try., eh?

You are using God as your excuse of envy and failure. You keep account of what others do. You even know the price of a cup of coffee, and something called caramel macchiato. That is pretty darned detailed.

That stuff was removed from you, because of your poor personal practices. You have not learned from your failure, so you envy the success of others.

I see you. God sees you.

Listen to yourself and the hateful speech that is coming from you... Obviously you are not a Christian, so you see things from a secular point of view. The fact is, I could go start my business up again tomorrow and have been asked to before, but its not going to happen. For what is a man advantaged if he gains the world and loses his soul... That 'stuff' was washed away from me because it was ungodly worldly behavior:

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Ronkon... A person who is born again loses their old life and gets a new and better one given to them by God- like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. Behold all things are become new... Those who are not willing to give up the old, can never receive the new...

Joh 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Most who call themselves Christians today have not put off their former selves that were corrupt. And you are right, God sees me...

Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

He has turned His face away from you... Because of your sin:

Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Jer 5:25 Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you.

Repent and turn to God for salvation... Don't perish in your sins:

Eze 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he,
ye shall die in your sins.

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

TC

Old 04-05-2015, 12:03 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
If an LGBT person (or any other 'sinful' person) comes to your business for a product or service, you should gladly accept their business-and explain to them right up front that; The purpose of your business is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them... And if they do business with you, they will be hearing the word of God as part of the service-no ifs and or buts about it. If that is unacceptable to them, let them be the ones who choose to leave...
I'm sure the napkins, cups, and plates at your establishment will have Leviticus 20:13 (and a handful of other very select verses, just to add a little variety to the experience) plastered all over each and every one.

An interesting business model to say the least. Not sure if it would be good for business, but whatever....

Old 04-05-2015, 12:11 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Listen to yourself and the hateful speech that is coming from you... Obviously you are not a Christian, so you see things from a secular point of view. The fact is, I could go start my business up again tomorrow and have been asked to before, but its not going to happen. For what is a man advantaged if he gains the world and loses his soul... That 'stuff' was washed away from me because it was ungodly worldly behavior:

Ronkon... A person who is born again loses their old life and gets a new and better one given to them by God- like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. Behold all things are become new... Those who are not willing to give up the old, can never receive the new...

TC
I do not hate you. I see you. You consider yourself Christian? ahahahhaha really? God sees you.

You failed at business, and now you wish to boast of your alleged great success.

Now you wish every Christian business owner to fail, by making every customer listen to them preach. Not going to happen.
You want Christians to lose their homes, and coffee purchases. You lost those things, so you wish others to do the same. You see their cars, businesses, and mortgages as fleshly.
You cannot have those things, so no one can have them.
Misery seems to love company.

I see you. God sees you.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:18 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

That's very true. Although I suspect that most people in America will be doing just that if every Christian operated their business the way that Town Crier thinks they should.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Oh, I agree. I agree so wholeheartedly I think all businesses holding themselves out to be Christian should be REQUIRED by state law to preach to everyone that enters their place of business. They should be REQUIRED to put a tract in the hand of every customer.

Soon, we wouldn't have so many consciencious businesses! But REQUIRING just wages, a progressive tax policy, adequate social safety networks or universal health care? Now that is asking TOO much of government and takes away our religious liberty.

We actually agree on something... (Unless you were just being facetious)

"Oh, I agree. I agree so wholeheartedly I think all businesses holding themselves out to be Christian should be REQUIRED by state law to preach to everyone that enters their place of business. They should be REQUIRED to put a tract in the hand of every customer".

And every business holding themselves to be 'Christian' already is required to... By Jesus:

Tit 2:10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

The rest of what you said is for the ekklesia to do, according the the will of God. It is not a function for Caesar:

Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Most Christians today are rendering to Caesar what is God's... Their trust and allegiance. Caesar is king for most American 'Christians'. They rely on and trust Caesar for their safety and stability, rather than God-just like the Pharisees did... And they will be rejected just like the Pharisees were.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

TC

Old 04-05-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
That's very true. Although I suspect that most people in America will be doing just that if every Christian operated their business the way that Town Crier thinks they should.

It comes down to this; The 70% + that call themselves Christians have no voice because they love money more than God. They will choose to live in the flesh, and so the ungodly prosper in their ways. If the 70% that call themselves Christians quit supporting wickedness, the country would be in a far better place and God's divine grace would return to it... But that requires Christians to humble themselves and repent. By the sounds of most posters on this forum that call themselves 'Christians', that will never happen... 'Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall'.

TC

Old 04-05-2015, 12:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
I've patronized many businesses that have owners who freely share their faith. From shops owned by born again Christians (my favorite being a Harley store owned by bikers for Jesus - they're fun to talk to) to Chinese restaurants that have a small Buddhist shrine in their lobby, to a gas station owned by Coptic Christians who display a picture of the Virgin Mary behind the cash register.

Why should I wear the hair shirt of denial when I can enjoy a frosty frappachino and help support local business owners?

Come to think of it... I've had some delicious vegetarian meals at a cafe owned by Hare Krishnas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity