Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,493,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes there are many verse that tell us everyone will KNOW it it is Him, here is one Zechariah 14:4 "On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives will split apart, making a wide valley running from east to west, for half the mountain, will move toward the north and and half toward the south".
But before this happens I believe this will happen: 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 "I can tell you this directly from the Lord, we who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet Him ahead of those who are in the graves. For the Lord Himself will come down from Heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet called of God. First all the Christians who have died will rise from the graves. Then, together with them, we are are still alive and remain on the earth will caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with Him forever".
But not everyone will hear His shout, only His Children, believers will hear His voice. I believe the rapture is very biblical.
ILNC: Sorry, my friend, but your timing is still off. Both Zechariah and Paul were speaking of His coming in judgment in the first century. The great devastation of that day is pictured in the figurative description of the mountain being split in two and each part being moved from it place.
When Paul says "we," he means himself and his fellow saints. What is the audience relevance of Paul's words? What did his words mean to those first-century saints to whom his epistle is addressed? How did his words comfort THEM it the events he described were not to affect them personally?

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 PM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
ILNC: Sorry, my friend, but your timing is still off. Both Zechariah and Paul were speaking of His coming in judgment in the first century. The great devastation of that day is pictured in the figurative description of the mountain being split in two and each part being moved from it place.
When Paul says "we," he means himself and his fellow saints. What is the audience relevance of Paul's words? What did his words mean to those first-century saints to whom his epistle is addressed? How did his words comfort THEM it the events he described were not to affect them personally?

Preterist

Sorry but I disagree as you know. Neither of these events have occurred. Yes the we Paul is speaking about is fellow saints, like you and me.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:48 PM

146 posts, read 300,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSCCS View Post
Tell me what you think?
The Rapture is a speculative Christian dogma that is loosely based upon the Revelation of St. John and sometimes borrows from other books of scripture as well.

In my opinion, it is false doctrine. The doctrine of the Rapture takes HUGE liberties and draws very large and unjustifiable conclusions. But certain denominations seem to be quite pleased with the idea.

Yes, most indications seem to point to us being at the end of times. But don't get too excited. The whole of Christianity has been wrong about this matter before. In 1000 A.D., all Christians everywhere were decidedly of the opinion that "the end of times" was about to happen. Well ... it didn't happen.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder View Post
The Rapture is a speculative Christian dogma that is loosely based upon the Revelation of St. John and sometimes borrows from other books of scripture as well.

In my opinion, it is false doctrine. The doctrine of the Rapture takes HUGE liberties and draws very large and unjustifiable conclusions. But certain denominations seem to be quite pleased with the idea.

Yes, most indications seem to point to us being at the end of times. But don't get too excited. The whole of Christianity has been wrong about this matter before. In 1000 A.D., all Christians everywhere were decidedly of the opinion that "the end of times" was about to happen. Well ... it didn't happen.
Yes, but the truth is the pre-tribulation rapture IS a false doctrine.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I don't think so

Old 01-24-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I don't think so
And that's your right dear sister ILNC. Even if I will try to convince you otherwise. Love ya sis

Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
And that's your right dear sister ILNC. Even if I will try to convince you otherwise. Love ya sis

Well at least we agree on what's really important, Jesus

Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Well at least we agree on what's really important, Jesus
You bet! And His soon coming!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You bet! And His soon coming!
Yep, He's come'n and we're go'n!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM

146 posts, read 300,942 times
Quote:
The pre-wha? Too much denominational jargon. Brain hurts. Help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity