Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:37 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
God hovers over the deep and says let there be light and the light is good and God calls the light day and the darkness night. There was an evening and there was a morning - the first day.

The sun however, is not created until day 4. How can you have a daytime and nighttime without the sun?

Plus, it seems the Earth is created before the rest of the universe. It says on day 4 the sun, moon and stars are created.

Yes! Such an obvious mistake that even a primitive storyteller shouldn't make! It's almost as if he intentionally wrote the story to make it unbelievable. It seems counter-intuitive, in fact. Therefore, I use logic and investigate the original Hebrew texts to see what might be lacking in my modern Christian translation! Ah... yes... I knew there was more to the story than just my initial conclusion! And I've noticed the people who actually wrote the book have some things to say about it as well. I needn't act as if Christians have all the explanations about a set of oral and written traditions they only appropriated 2500 years after the fact. Also I see that there is much room to play with definitions in each of those Hebrew words. For example, the story of Elisha and the bear in 2 Kings 2 can be interpreted about 50 different ways, depending on how one translates the words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 03:17 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
No, he's not a troll. He's a regular poster and friend to many Christians who post here. Admit it, Vizio, your post was a silly snipe. Would you have corrected those you like for typing 'RevelationS' ?
Others around here tend to not be as snippy and arrogant. He is constantly telling me I'm stupid, and others their religion is dumb and that Christians in general are idiots.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:50 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
See in Genesis 1 :4....`` God saw the light , that it was good , and God divided the darkness from the light ``...... So then the darkness was not good in the eyes of God that He had to create the light .....Was this light God created the eternal goodness , and then the darkness of the earth evil darkness , as the sun was not created until the 4th day , as God was taking sides of His character with the earth and choosing the eternal light of goodness and fair justice ................. See these so called seven solar day creation God shows that He never literally never created the demon spirits , and powers of darkness and devils of the earth , Or was it in this 1st day when God created the light which He chose for Himself and the darkness of the earth was not good ................. Just as the heaven God also created the darkness of heaven were God was taking side for His light , then the Holy Angels who by the darkness rebelled against God would become the fallen angels of the high places realm over the earth .............. See God was cleaning house on the first day

Old 07-15-2015, 08:49 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
God hovers over the deep and says let there be light and the light is good and God calls the light day and the darkness night. There was an evening and there was a morning - the first day.

The sun however, is not created until day 4. How can you have a daytime and nighttime without the sun?

Plus, it seems the Earth is created before the rest of the universe. It says on day 4 the sun, moon and stars are created.
Everything was created on the first day...And over a 6 day period everything was put into place...

Old 07-15-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
But let's get spiritual; "time" did not become an issue until the fall of man - God lives outside of time, and so was the earth until the knowledge of good and evil entered.
Ohhh...I would just love to see you prove this scripturally...

Old 07-15-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Revelation says that there will be no need for a sun in the New Heaven and Earth because God will be the light. So...why would it be needed in Genesis 1?
Ok...So G-d created Himself?...

Old 07-15-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
For a guy that acts as if he is the smartest guy in the room, you should at least try to get the names of the books of the Bible correct.
Ohhh...That's right...Attack his spelling when you don't have nothing...

Old 07-15-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrydb View Post
Hello zero. It sounds like you are truly interested in the truth. How is it that God lit up the Earth on the first day but didn't create the sun until the fourth day? First of all the Scriptures are written in Hebrew. So let's see what the words were used in the original Hebrew. First the word ore was used in Genesis 1:3 this word does not mean an object that emits light. It means illumination, enlightenment. When the Bible says God is light it says Elohim is(owr). In Genesis1:14. We see an entirely different word is used for light here. Here the Hebrew word is(maorot).maor means an object that emits light(maorot)is plural. Look it up you'll find that what I say is true. I know that on this forum there a lot of unbelievers that want to put down anything that the Scripture says and try to make the Bible untrue.

Born-again Jerry
You're wrong...The Same word is used in both verse 3 (גוַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים יְהִי אוֹר וַיְהִי אוֹר and verse 4 (.וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים יְהִי מְאֹרֹת בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמַיִם לְהַבְדִּיל בֵּין הַיּוֹם וּבֵין הַלָּיְלָה וְהָיוּ לְאֹתֹת וּלְמוֹעֲדִים וּלְיָמִים וְשָׁנִים...The first one means light and the latter means lights...

It is actually M'Orot...

BTW...G-d is light is not from the OT it is from the NT so it would be in Greek...Not Hebrew...

So...There ya go...

maor...Does not mean an object that emits light...Where in the world do you get this stuff from?...

Old 07-15-2015, 09:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Others around here tend to not be as snippy and arrogant. He is constantly telling me I'm stupid, and others their religion is dumb and that Christians in general are idiots.
Be precise, Viz. You, like your go-to god guru, Matt "The Oil" Slick, tend to twist reality to suit your dogma.

But bovine excrement doesn't always baffle brains.

I think Christians in general are fine. Most of my loved ones fall under that banner.

It's Fundamentalist thought - or what passes for it - that I hate.

And will always hate. And will always confront.

And will defeat.

Have a nice day!

Old 07-15-2015, 10:03 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,449 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity