Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 10:43 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Think me whatever helps you come.

I'll request you... ;-)

Old 11-16-2018, 11:21 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And much of that so called bigotry against Christians has apparently been by your fellow Christians. Seeing as the largest Protestant church in Canada for example performs SSM and some American churches do as well you are calling other Christians as anti Christian bigots and you know the rules, you cannot call other Christians as non Christians.
Honestly....this is why I refuse to even really engage further. I'm not calling anyone names, insulting anyone, etc...etc....

Now you say I'm calling Christians "non-Christian". I've done no such thing. But you are putting words in my mouth. Good grief this is just beyond silly at this point.

YOU are the one accusing motive where there is none. YOU are the type of person that has kept this thread alive for almost 400 pages of bigotry. This is just stupid.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:51 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Well, you could shut me up in a heartbeat if you were to use your Bible to correct me in my belief that it (the Bible) DOES NOT address homosexuality but rather contains a half-dozen or so scriptures that speak of same gender sexual rituals as performed in pagan temples. I don't recall your even attempting to correct me on this, BaptistFundie. How about you do so rather than continually play the victim of what you refer to as 'Christian persecution'? Gay people continue to be maligned by you 'fundie folks' while you/they cry 'victimization' and wallow in a combination of piety and self-pity . . .
I already did. 1 Timothy 1:9-10 says nothing about pagan temples. Why not at least be mature enough to agree to disagree on this? But no, you keep making these posts about shaking your head in disbelief that we refuse to get with the program.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:54 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,723,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
You can exhibit your spirit and I'll exhibit His.
Okay, I’ll do my best exhibit the spirit of Jesus and you can exhibit that of Mr. Tru——uh, HWC. You are doing a far better exhibition than I am.

Were you able to get that cake from the bakery today? Or did you run into an owner persecuting your religion?

Old 11-16-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Honestly....this is why I refuse to even really engage further. I'm not calling anyone names, insulting anyone, etc...etc....

Now you say I'm calling Christians "non-Christian". I've done no such thing. But you are putting words in my mouth. Good grief this is just beyond silly at this point.

YOU are the one accusing motive where there is none. YOU are the type of person that has kept this thread alive for almost 400 pages of bigotry. This is just stupid.
People don’t choose to be LGBTQ, but they sure do choose to believe whether it’s a sin or not. You would probably have a purer soul as LGBTQ, but then God didn’t so choose to bless you.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:06 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
People don’t choose to be LGBTQ, but they sure do choose to believe whether it’s a sin or not. You would probably have a purer soul as LGBTQ, but then God didn’t so choose to bless you.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I already did. 1 Timothy 1:9-10 says nothing about pagan temples. Why not at least be mature enough to agree to disagree on this? But no, you keep making these posts about shaking your head in disbelief that we refuse to get with the program.
You don’t “have” to believe being LGBTQ is a sin—you want to. When all is said and done, the pain of affirmation has been determined to be greater than the pain of discrimination. So you choose to be “special” so you can practice discriminating against those whose “sin” supposedly won’t be a problem for you. (Although secretly you and I know the real reason behind your comparison of LGBTQ to incest, animals eating their young, and having sex with animals.)

Why not be mature about this and read Romulus’ sources? The vast majority of us fighting the mean spirit of fundamentalism were resurrected from that living hell.

Quote:
And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the Lord cast out before the children of Israel" (1 Kings 14:24), the Bible says of the reign of King Rehoboam, grandson of King David. These “sodomites,” as the King James Bible has it, were male and female sacred prostitutes: men and women who reside in temples and have sex with patrons as a form of deity worship.

We should not be surprised that worship through sacred prostitutes was practiced in ancient Israel some 2700 years ago. It seems to have been ubiquitous in the ancient Near East, among the Canaanite cultures, and in the cultures of Mesopotamia
https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.prem...tory-1.5390687

Read the article at the link, The Jewish people have had a far more complicated relationship with homosexuality than the outright ban in Leviticus implies.

Jews without Jesus are smarter than you.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And your hubris is far more apparent than your desire to witness to any but those you handpick. Just don’t lie about “loving” gay people. Not one, including the OP, has ever mistaken you for a lover of their souls.

Those whom religion gives elite privilege are found to be pouting and wallowing forever in religious disgust.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:01 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And much of that so called bigotry against Christians has apparently been by your fellow Christians. Seeing as the largest Protestant church in Canada for example performs SSM and some American churches do as well you are calling other Christians as anti Christian bigots and you know the rules, you cannot call other Christians as non Christians.
He and most other xians uses the word LIBERAL for those xians.

Liberals are one of many evil enemy’s true xians have to battle.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:22 AM

6,799 posts, read 2,921,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Well, you could shut me up in a heartbeat if you were to use your Bible to correct me in my belief that it (the Bible) DOES NOT address homosexuality but rather contains a half-dozen or so scriptures that speak of same gender sexual rituals as performed in pagan temples. I don't recall your even attempting to correct me on this, BaptistFundie. How about you do so rather than continually play the victim of what you refer to as 'Christian persecution'? Gay people continue to be maligned by you 'fundie folks' while you/they cry 'victimization' and wallow in a combination of piety and self-pity . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
1 Timothy 1:9-10? Well, let's see. Here is that scripture ...courtesy of the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible:

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

You are right about there being no reference to pagan temples and sacred prostitution. There is no reference to homosexuality either . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.