Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 08:57 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Interpretation: I am unable to provide the scriptures that you've challenged me to provide. I will therefore continue to use glaring red herrings and general misdirection to obfuscate the topic under discussion.
Actually, it's what I said. I'd provide them, and explain how they're relevant, and give more that you probably aren't even aware of to indirectly speak against it, but you'd simply deflect, and dodge. You've demonstrated it really doesn't matter what Scripture says, because Scripture has no bearing on what you believe.

But again...as I said--it really has nothing to do with the 390 pages of bigotry that this thread has shown against Christians.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:41 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Actually, it's what I said. I'd provide them, and explain how they're relevant, and give more that you probably aren't even aware of to indirectly speak against it, but you'd simply deflect, and dodge. You've demonstrated it really doesn't matter what Scripture says, because Scripture has no bearing on what you believe.

But again...as I said--it really has nothing to do with the 390 pages of bigotry that this thread has shown against Christians.
And much of that so called bigotry against Christians has apparently been by your fellow Christians. Seeing as the largest Protestant church in Canada for example performs SSM and some American churches do as well you are calling other Christians as anti Christian bigots and you know the rules, you cannot call other Christians as non Christians.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:17 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Let's approach this just a bit differently.

We know most Muslims are peaceful, and truly want security for their families, a safe neighborhood, decent food and housing. Just like any other person.

But.

But, they have radicals and those that demonstrably support those radicals. Most of the normal people who are Muslim do what? They stay silent, don't say much, worried about being ostracized or castigated by the radicals. So they say and do nothing.

Same thing with Christians. There are a few radicals, that loudly proclaim their perspectives. The Falwells, the Robinsons, and we can all name a dozen others. Most Christians are not like them, but most stay silent, worried about being ostracized or castigated by the radicals. So they say and do nothing.

And that is the problem. We hear some like saying, "But we are not like those other guys", yet what demonstrable and effective things have you done to shut them up and shut them down? Just like most Muslims say and do nothing, most Christians don't either.

Why?

True Christians demonstrate the same Spirit.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It isn't working. Not even close. You are just a poor, persecuted "christian" who can't get a cake baked for him nor can he get a marriage license in Kentucky.

You have simply reiterated your hubris Mr. Tru-------uh, HWC.

You can exhibit your spirit and I'll exhibit His.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You don't have a hint of a clue what a god-thing might think.

Yeah. Because we know what kind of people you are. You only fool your fellow fools.

How do you know what God would think?

Old 11-16-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Well, you could shut me up in a heartbeat if you were to use your Bible to correct me in my belief that it (the Bible) DOES NOT address homosexuality but rather contains a half-dozen or so scriptures that speak of same gender sexual rituals as performed in pagan temples. I don't recall your even attempting to correct me on this, BaptistFundie. How about you do so rather than continually play the victim of what you refer to as 'Christian persecution'? Gay people continue to be maligned by you 'fundie folks' while you/they cry 'victimization' and wallow in a combination of piety and self-pity . . .

You basing your ideology about God on a PDF that moves around the internet. Come on now. Do you have any real understanding of the Spirit of God?

Old 11-16-2018, 10:26 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
True Christians demonstrate the same Spirit.

What does that even mean, and how is it relevant to the points I made?

Old 11-16-2018, 10:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
How do you know what God would think?
I don't. Except that it would think you clueless.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't. Except that it would think you clueless.

Troutdude, I think of you as an atheist. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if you are. I will be judging you in 2040. If I'm wrong, I may not be judging you. I guess it comes down to whether your an atheist.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Troutdude, I think of you as an atheist. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if you are. I will be judging you in 2040. If I'm wrong, I may not be judging you. I guess it comes down to whether your an atheist.
Think me whatever helps you come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.