Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 03:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm not the one doing the skewing. Africa is a completely different situation so it is downright dishonest to lump them in with US statistics and then claim that homosexuality has nothing to do with it because the grand total numbers point to a different demographic.
Except you didn't specify the U.S. of A. in your original statement.

Quote:
Wow 4%. So what are the other 96%? And what does region have to do with anything? Nothing.
The Bible belt--the area that is traditionally the most idiotic with its Bible beliefs---is the area with the highest percentage of people living with HIV. It's decreasing in "atheistic" areas. Why would that be? Because the more you talk about it, the more it gets practiced? Why is the most Bible believing area of the nation saddled with so much HIV----considering you've got a god of some sort on your side?

Quote:
You just can't accept that there are real consequences to ppl who engage in this type of sexual behavior. Your post is an amazing desperate attempt to try to shift the focus away from very clear FACTS. The vast majority of HIV contractions in the US continue to be in the gay community. That fact destroys the claim that heterosexuals do it just as much.
Overall HIV is decreasing among almost all groups except Hispanic males. You don't bother to mention that do you? THAT is dishonest.
Quote:
The annual number of new HIV diagnoses fell 5% from 2011 to 2015. Because HIV testing has remained stable or increased in recent years, this decrease in diagnoses suggests a true decline in new infections.
----------------
In 2016, the population rates (per 100,000 people) of persons who received an HIV diagnosis were highest in the South (16.8), followed by the Northeast (11.2), the West (10.2), and the Midwest (7.5). The South generally is behind other regions in some key HIV prevention and care indicators.
https://www.hiv.gov/hiv-basics/overv...nds/statistics
Southern states prefer spending their money trying to avoid Federal requirements that keep the Ten Commandments out of schools and off the lawns of courthouses---not taking care of people.

Remember, jeff, your love is for people to SUFFER, that's why you keep putting politicians in office who refuse to help HIV populations. Your "love" of people is amazing in its ability to harm them.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:19 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That's Leviticus, and no it isn't. And yes, it has everything to do with pagan worship and prostitution that you simply keep ignoring to support your ideology. Although you are entitled to an opinion, the actual text or language does not confirm your conclusions which are personal in nature. It's what you have been taught to believe, nothing more. And, you do discriminate against others because of your personal views which have been documented within this thread based on your religious beliefs.
As usual, you offer up ZERO of anything to back up your case. I won't take your claims at a face value. I've read the verses many times. The context argument doesn't hold up neither does the ridiculous argument that homosexuality had nothing to do with Sodom.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:30 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I only call "certain people" fundamentalists/fundies who themselves identify as such by their belief that the Bible is actually the literal Word of God. It's a descriptive term of those who embrace the fundamentalist version of Christianity. What else would you have us call you to differentiate between fundamentalist and NF Christians?

Serious question.
Serious answer...

there are only Christians and non-Christians

you chose to create your own "divisions"... I think that was one of the terms (or a derivative) used to describe bigotry that you agreed with

Last edited by DRob4JC; 12-12-2018 at 03:40 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 03:49 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Serious answer...

you chose to create your own "divisions"... I think that was one of the terms (or a derivative) used to describe bigotry that you agreed with
So, all those different denominations all believe the same things? Weird.... I could swear there are Christians arguing on here every single day about things...

The FACT is, you divide yourselves from each other. There is most certainly cause to separate a liberal Christian and a fundie. They are nothing alike other than calling themselves Christians. It is no different than calling some atheists "militant". You are simply talking about a group within the group.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:53 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Serious answer...

what differentiates between the two?

Old 12-12-2018, 04:47 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
So, all those different denominations all believe the same things? Weird.... I could swear there are Christians arguing on here every single day about things...

The FACT is, you divide yourselves from each other. There is most certainly cause to separate a liberal Christian and a fundie. They are nothing alike other than calling themselves Christians. It is no different than calling some atheists "militant". You are simply talking about a group within the group.
People do that to themselves.

I claim no denomination.

1 John 5:11-12 - If you have the Son, you have the life. If you don't have the Son of God, you don't have the life.

That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
what differentiates between the two?
See above. Then comes the question... how does a person get the Son?

Old 12-12-2018, 04:53 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Lots of bigotry here... I guess you will keep doing your part.
It's what he does best.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:54 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I only call "certain people" fundamentalists/fundies who themselves identify as such by their belief that the Bible is actually the literal Word of God. It's a descriptive term of those who embrace the fundamentalist version of Christianity. What else would you have us call you to differentiate between fundamentalist and NF Christians?

Serious question.
That's pretty much everyone in historical Christianity. Including the Apostle Paul.

Wonderful to see a moderator of the religious and Christianity forums openly state that she has a disdain for a huge number of Christians.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That's pretty much everyone in historical Christianity. Including the Apostle Paul.

Wonderful to see a moderator of the religious and Christianity forums openly state that she has a disdain for a huge number of Christians.
On a world-wide basis, not so huge. Fundies are only a force - albeit a diminishing one - in the US of A.

Around the rest of the world, they are mocked.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:14 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post

Nope, there is only one true set of beliefs. The others are all of the things Jesus and Paul spoke of, following false apostles, prophets, etc. What you are speaking about is fulfillment of prophecy, which is why so many calling themselves "Christian" live immoral lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity