Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 08:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how your side can take very clear DIRECT facts and distort them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, you have a deep-seated FETISH about anal sex?
Quote:
Why do you feel the need to make ridiculous comments like that? It does nothing for your cause. Just more bigotry filth from you.
Quote:
It appears to be your focus point, not on the relationship itself.
If you take away the anal sex, what are you condemning?
Quote:

If you believe that marriage is merely for procreation or that of legalizing sex, then you are sadly mistaken.
Love is the uniting factor, not the structure of sexual compatibility, nor the capacity to produce children.
Quote:
Just because I want to discuss the FACTS doesn't mean I have a fetish. Such an asinine comment. You couldn't stay away from this thread. Do you have a fetish about the topic?
I am not the one talking about anal sex, neither do I condemn people for their relationships, nor for the way they were born. And the topic is: Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins? So, from everything that you have said in this thread, it has everything to do with their sex lives, does it not? That seems to be your position.

Last edited by Jerwade; 12-13-2018 at 08:53 PM..

Old 12-14-2018, 01:39 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Let's stick to reality, shall we? Unless you have proof that most gay couples are not engaging in these dangerous sexual practices. The stats say otherwise.

If a person decided they wanted to go around wearing only underwear outside in the winter and faced some ridicule as well as getting sick from cold, would you say it's only the people who are causing the harm?

That's your biased blindness talking. Yea sure, blame the Christians for all their mental illness. There is no self accountability in your world. Yet I can imagine a diagnosis of HIV would contribute greatly towards depression. And that's on THEM.

BTW, if your assumptions are true then it would indicate that the majority of people out there are not accepting of homosexuality since the LGBT community is committing suicide at far greater rates than straight people. If this is SOLELY because they are being bullied and treated as outcasts then society is not embracing their lifestyle. You can't have it both ways.
Just this fall in Colorado a fourth grader came out as gay. He was bullied so badly he committed suicide.

Quote:
A 9-year-old Colorado boy took his own life last week after classmates bullied him for coming out as gay.

Jamel Myles had come out to his mother this summer and then told his fourth-grade classmates when school began last week at Denver’s Joe Shoemaker Elementary School, reported KDVR-TV.A 9-year-old Colorado boy took his own life last week after classmates bullied him for coming out as gay.

Jamel Myles had come out to his mother this summer and then told his fourth-grade classmates when school began last week at Denver’s Joe Shoemaker Elementary School, reported KDVR-TV.

“He looked so scared when he told me,” said his mother, Leia Pierce. “He was like, ‘Mom, I’m gay,’ and I thought he was playing, so I looked back because I was driving, and he was all curled up, so scared. And I said, ‘I still love you.’”

“He went to school and said he was gonna tell people he’s gay because he’s proud of himself,” Pierce said. “He goes, ‘Can I be honest with you?’” I was like, sure, and he’s like, ‘I know you buy me boy stuff because I’m a boy, but I’d rather dress like a girl.’”

Before Jamel Myles died, he said that students had told him to commit suicide, his mother said.
https://thegailygrind.com/2018/08/27...mates-bullied/

Your constant berating of gays is part of the reason they want to kill themselves. But you go ahead and tell your god it's not your fault. I'm thinking you would burn in hell for just thinking the kind of crap you do. You have some serious mental health issues that keep you doing all you can to drive other people to suicide.

You are a flaming, lying hypocrite.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:36 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,488 times
if i may make a suggestion to the mod here.....perhaps it's time to shut this thread down as it is devolving into nothing more than a shouting match between both parties and that's not going to achieve anything positive. both sides obviously have their opinions and feelings regarding this issue and there certainly will not be any conciliatory conversations that will come from this.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:08 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Just this fall in Colorado a fourth grader came out as gay. He was bullied so badly he committed suicide.

https://thegailygrind.com/2018/08/27...mates-bullied/
That's heartbreaking and I can relate being a victim of bullying myself. However, it does show to me that society has not become accepting of homosexuality. So your posts are the ones not telling the truth here.

Quote:

Your constant berating of gays is part of the reason they want to kill themselves. But you go ahead and tell your god it's not your fault. I'm thinking you would burn in hell for just thinking the kind of crap you do. You have some serious mental health issues that keep you doing all you can to drive other people to suicide.
I berate no one. I never have and never would tell someone even a gay person that they are going to burn in hell. That's a new low for you, and I really have nothing more to say to you since I've used the term "disgusting" way to often to describe your posts.

Quote:

You are a flaming, lying hypocrite.

Nothing but temper tantrum display of immaturity because you just can't stand we won't turn our backs on God's Word.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:28 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
if i may make a suggestion to the mod here.....perhaps it's time to shut this thread down as it is devolving into nothing more than a shouting match between both parties and that's not going to achieve anything positive. both sides obviously have their opinions and feelings regarding this issue and there certainly will not be any conciliatory conversations that will come from this.
You realize that these forums are just as much or more for the readers of the thread, as opposed to the actual participants. There are many things I don't comment on, as someone else may already have said it better, and it is a well known fact that most readers will not comment, even if they follow the thread.

Many of the postings are for those that perhaps want to learn.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:50 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You realize that these forums are just as much or more for the readers of the thread, as opposed to the actual participants. There are many things I don't comment on, as someone else may already have said it better, and it is a well known fact that most readers will not comment, even if they follow the thread.

There is nothing more to learn here. We answered the question of the OP a long time ago. Now it's all about just wanting to run us down and talk trash. But at least it shows the depth of ugliness and venom that exists on your side of the fence.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:20 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
That's heartbreaking and I can relate being a victim of bullying myself. However, it does show to me that society has not become accepting of homosexuality. So your posts are the ones not telling the truth here.
Yes, I'm sure your bullying is on par with a gay child...

What it shows me, is that ignorant bigots are everywhere, at every age. Most of them learned to be that way from their ignorant bigot parents. The fact that you think the problem is the gay child, and not the society that he lives in, is the problem. You lack empathy, even if you try to fake it.

Quote:
I berate no one. I never have and never would tell someone even a gay person that they are going to burn in hell. That's a new low for you, and I really have nothing more to say to you since I've used the term "disgusting" way to often to describe your posts.
You berate gay people on a daily basis. You tell them they are abominations, have mental issues, and akin to pedophiles. You have used that same term, "disgusting", towards gay people as well. You claim they shouldn't have equal rights, and should be legally discriminated against... So stop the nonsense about not berating anyone. Everyone sees that this is a lie.

Quote:
Nothing but temper tantrum display of immaturity because you just can't stand we won't turn our backs on God's Word.
You have shown yourself to be a hypocrite time and time again. For instance, just above you claim you care about the gay people who kill themselves (or at least the young ones), yet you freely admit that you will change nothing in your behavior and will continue to call them abominations and compare them to pedos, and see nothing wrong with the type of behavior that drives them to suicide in the first place. Making you a flaming, lying hypocrite, to use Warden's words.

There is no way around that for you. Either you actually care, or you don't. You clearly don't.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:22 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

true, but as you can see, the tone has drifted into nothing more than posting ugly comments. there comes a time when the conversation just escalates into more anger that's generated between both parties and that doesn't serve any useful purpose for anyone involved, participant or reader.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:22 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
There is nothing more to learn here. We answered the question of the OP a long time ago. Now it's all about just wanting to run us down and talk trash. But at least it shows the depth of ugliness and venom that exists on your side of the fence.
Sure Jeff... It is "ugliness and venom" to call for gay people to be treated equally. Sure...

Old 12-14-2018, 08:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Bigotry and the bullying of gays is a huge concern to some. And virtually all of it stems from those who use their bibles to bludgeon. Fundamentalist Christians are dangerous and their poisonous rot must be neutralized.

Threads like this expose them for the tiny-minded, bigoted bullies they are.

Methinks it makes you uncomfortable because you see yourself. You could always consider no longer reading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity