Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 09:45 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
One of the churches near our home recently got a new pastor. She was interviewed by a local television station and reiterated the policy of their congregation as well as the entire denomination. This is how mainstream Christian Churches do it:
The First Presbyterian Church of South Charleston is an, "Open and Welcoming," congregation, which means we embrace LGBTQ people and perform same sex weddings. Our denomination, The Presbyterian Church (USA) made a statement this year, affirming and celebrating LGBTQ people, and apologizing for all previous statements of exclusion. We recognize that some Christians believe differently. We also claim our beliefs, and welcome all LGBTQ people.
That's how you do it.
But are they AFFIRMING?

The Difference Between a Welcoming Church and an Affirming One Is Huge

from the article:

When the pastor arrived to welcome me, I asked the same question. He confirmed that this was a welcoming church. “You should always feel welcome,” he said as I wiped away my tears. “But I can’t say we are affirming.” He assured me I would not hear condemnation and told me he would love to learn more and promised he would respond to any problems I had. He also clarified that the church does not condone conversion therapy. I thanked him for the clarity and tried to get out of the church before I would start crying again.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:47 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yes, I'm sure your bullying is on par with a gay child...
How would you know? But let's not forget that you shown everyone that you have no problem making up lies about someone you don't know. Like when you stated as fact that I do not know any gay people, and then claim I treat them poorly. You seem to act like gay people are the only ones who truly suffer in this world. Everyone struggles in this life, and no matter how bad you have it, there is always someone worse off.

Quote:

What it shows me, is that ignorant bigots are everywhere, at every age. Most of them learned to be that way from their ignorant bigot parents. The fact that you think the problem is the gay child, and not the society that he lives in, is the problem. You lack empathy, even if you try to fake it.
If everyone is accepting of homosexuality and we are the few hold outs not getting with the program, the bullying shouldn't be happening. But of course, you'll resist any facts that doesn't make us to be the bad guys. I never said the gay child was causing the problem. There is no excuse for anyone to bully or drive another human being to suicide. The blame rests completely on them.

Quote:

You berate gay people on a daily basis. You tell them they are abominations, have mental issues, and akin to pedophiles. You have used that same term, "disgusting", towards gay people as well. You claim they shouldn't have equal rights, and should be legally discriminated against... So stop the nonsense about not berating anyone. Everyone sees that this is a lie.
More lies. The only comparison to pedo was to show your hypocrisy at not having any empathy for someone born with a different type of sexual orientation. That in no way is equal to saying gays = pedophiles. You just have to twist anything I say into a foul stench of manure. Mental issues, so now you are denying that mental health is a major problem in the gay community? I could bring out the facts, but you would find some way to distort the truth. I have never said that gays shouldn't have equal rights. I only protest when the discrimination laws take away from our religious freedom rights. We should have the right to NOT get involved in gay marriage. Good grief, my grandparents would be rolling in their graves in shock that such a statement would even have to be made.

Quote:

You have shown yourself to be a hypocrite time and time again. For instance, just above you claim you care about the gay people who kill themselves (or at least the young ones), yet you freely admit that you will change nothing in your behavior and will continue to call them abominations and compare them to pedos, and see nothing wrong with the type of behavior that drives them to suicide in the first place. Making you a flaming, lying hypocrite, to use Warden's words.
Homosexuality is sin and abomination before God. There is no way to get around that. I'm not going to start believing a lie just to win brownie points with the popular crowd. Now I've said many times on here, that I don't believe sexual sin (or sexual orientation in your fiction world) defines who a person is. Therefore, it's not possible for me to call gay people abominations. Another bold face lie from you.

Face it, You applaud what anyone says about me as long as it is extremely negative. Doesn't matter if it is true or not. Despicable.

Quote:

There is no way around that for you. Either you actually care, or you don't. You clearly don't.
Encouraging people to continue a path that will lead to painful consequences and is not caring. In the spiritual realm, you are the truly uncaring one.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:48 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
why didn't Jesus build churches? What is Jesus referring to when he talks about the "house" of god?
It's NOT that which is built of brick, stone and sand mortar.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's NOT that which is built of brick, stone and sand mortar.
of course not, but do they understand this?

Old 12-14-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL! Another reason to keep the thread alive are the hilarious things jeffie comes up with.

i need fresh popcorn...

Old 12-14-2018, 09:59 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But are they AFFIRMING?

The Difference Between a Welcoming Church and an Affirming One Is Huge

from the article:

When the pastor arrived to welcome me, I asked the same question. He confirmed that this was a welcoming church. “You should always feel welcome,” he said as I wiped away my tears. “But I can’t say we are affirming.” He assured me I would not hear condemnation and told me he would love to learn more and promised he would respond to any problems I had. He also clarified that the church does not condone conversion therapy. I thanked him for the clarity and tried to get out of the church before I would start crying again.
They perform same sex weddings. That should say enough.

(I'll bet they even allow wedding cakes for same sex couples in the reception hall, too.)

Old 12-14-2018, 10:38 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't run people down and make up offensive lies about them or tell them to go burn in hell because I just can't stand they don't believe like me. That's what your camp does and does it so shamelessly and proud. Truly appalling.
We tell people they will burn in hell??? Really?? When? Where are the lies? I have spoken nothing but truth, and used your own words to justify it. If you don't want people to call you out, don't say dumb stuff, and don't act like a bigot. Pretty simple. Otherwise, people will continue to call you out, and use your very own words against you.

You say you don't do things because you can't stand that they don't believe as you, but that is EXACTLY what you do. On a daily basis. If there have been any lies, they are coming from you.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:40 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
If they are performing same sex weddings in their church then they might as well allow sex orgies there as well. Both are equally offensive to God in His house of worship.
Jeff, that is your perspective. I'm sure they prayed to the same god you did before making the change, and obviously that god directed them differently than whatever branch of christianity you think is the correct one.

Funny how that works, huh?

Besides, what is wrong with sex orgies, as long as all are adults and consenting? Not my thing, but hey, if it floats their boat, give 'er.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
How would you know? But let's not forget that you shown everyone that you have no problem making up lies about someone you don't know. Like when you stated as fact that I do not know any gay people, and then claim I treat them poorly. You seem to act like gay people are the only ones who truly suffer in this world. Everyone struggles in this life, and no matter how bad you have it, there is always someone worse off.
I don't know, Jefafa (sorry, Jeff Dunham joke). What I do know, is that the odds of your bullying being as bad as an out of the closet gay kid of the same age is not that high. Unless you are mentally retarded or something along those lines, then maybe. So what I can say, is that I HIGHLY DOUBT that it is as bad as a gay kid.

Again, where are these supposed lies I keep telling about you??? I use YOUR OWN WORDS to justify everything I have said. And I have never, not once, claimed that gay people are the only ones who struggle. However, they face very different struggles than most, and a lot of them come directly from the ignorance of those around them.

Quote:
If everyone is accepting of homosexuality and we are the few hold outs not getting with the program, the bullying shouldn't be happening. But of course, you'll resist any facts that doesn't make us to be the bad guys. I never said the gay child was causing the problem. There is no excuse for anyone to bully or drive another human being to suicide. The blame rests completely on them.
No one said it is "just a few holdouts". Where do you get that? There are fundamentalist parents at pretty much every school in this country, and every town, that teach their kids to be bullies. There are also the ignorant, and low IQ people, who can be religious or not, that simply hate gay people.

There you go again though, showing your hypocrisy. You claim that there is no excuse to bully others, but that is EXACTLY what you and your ilk do to gay people, on a DAILY basis. If your words of hatred towards them caused them to commit suicide, we all know damn well you wouldn't bat an eye.

Quote:
More lies. The only comparison to pedo was to show your hypocrisy at not having any empathy for someone born with a different type of sexual orientation. That in no way is equal to saying gays = pedophiles. You just have to twist anything I say into a foul stench of manure.
Any comparison at all is out of line, because they are in no way similar. Period. One harms children, the other does not. End of story. So you can keep your pathetic justifications to yourself.

Quote:
Mental issues, so now you are denying that mental health is a major problem in the gay community? I could bring out the facts, but you would find some way to distort the truth.

Mental health is a problem is EVERY walk of life. Period. Rich people, poor people, straight people, gay people... They are all afflicted with mental health issues. You make it out that EVERY gay person has mental health issues, and that is patently false. Period.

Quote:
I have never said that gays shouldn't have equal rights. I only protest when the discrimination laws take away from our religious freedom rights. We should have the right to NOT get involved in gay marriage. Good grief, my grandparents would be rolling in their graves in shock that such a statement would even have to be made.

You are literally saying that in this post, Jeff... Because they are gay, and getting married, you shouldn't have to do your job. That is, quite literally saying they shouldn't have equal rights.

The FACT is, if you sell wedding cakes, you can't discriminate against who you sell it to. A wedding cake is still a wedding cake, whether it be for a straight wedding, a gay wedding, or a 3rd wedding. No one is asking you to be involved in the wedding either. They are asking to bake a cake, that you already bake. If you can't do that, then you either shouldn't bake wedding cakes, or you shouldn't have a business open to the public. The only conflict is in the small minds of those too ignorant to care about others.

Quote:
Homosexuality is sin and abomination before God. There is no way to get around that. I'm not going to start believing a lie just to win brownie points with the popular crowd. Now I've said many times on here, that I don't believe sexual sin (or sexual orientation in your fiction world) defines who a person is. Therefore, it's not possible for me to call gay people abominations. Another bold face lie from you. Face it, You applaud what anyone says about me as long as it is extremely negative. Doesn't matter if it is true or not. Despicable.
No Jeff, it isn't a lie. If someone is a homosexual, and you believe that homosexuality is an abomination, you are calling them an abomination. You can tap dance around it all you want, but that is exactly what you are doing. Let me show you an example to show you how stupid it sounds when you say you aren't, okay? Note: the following is not a representation of my thinking, only an example to show Jeffery something.

*Being a fundamentalist is ridiculous and stupid. It is an abomination to thinking men everywhere. It's like people that believe in Bigfoot or aliens or pink unicorns. Just dumb. I don't believe this defines a person, but doing anything related to fundamentalism is just stupid and ridiculous.*

Would you think I wasn't making a slight towards you, Jeff? Would you think, "Oh, well, he doesn't say I'm stupid, only fundamentalism, so it's fine!"?

Quote:
Encouraging people to continue a path that will lead to painful consequences and is not caring. In the spiritual realm, you are the truly uncaring one.

No, Jeff, you are clearly the uncaring one. You claim no one should be bullied, yet you call for discrimination and bullying of gay people. You claim you care, and in the same breath say that you won't stop treating them like garbage, and won't do anything to help or stop the bullying and discrimination. You are a hypocrite.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Jeff, that is your perspective. I'm sure they prayed to the same god you did before making the change, and obviously that god directed them differently than whatever branch of christianity you think is the correct one.

Funny how that works, huh?

Besides, what is wrong with sex orgies, as long as all are adults and consenting? Not my thing, but hey, if it floats their boat, give 'er.
Because in Jeff's world, sex with consenting adults is just as bad as pedophilia and incest and sex with animals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity