Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 12:47 PM

7 posts, read 15,049 times

Advertisements

I believe because gays are such a minority compared to the whole population. People resent the gains they have made---It gives 'good Christians'an easy target---such as the pharisees had-----We should reform ourselves before taking on gays---- As for me reforming myself will be a liflong task probably not well accomplished------Let the Lord deal with judging others

Old 12-14-2018, 01:15 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, you have compared the actions of pedophiles to those of homosexuals, it was in your analogies throughout this thread. I believe you were using it to assist you in your understanding which you continued to express, over and over, again.
Nope, I only brought up pedophilia as being a different form of sexual orientation if we are to believe the lie that people are oriented differently at birth. Do you deny that it is a different type of sexual orientation?

Old 12-14-2018, 02:09 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Nope, I only brought up pedophilia as being a different form of sexual orientation if we are to believe the lie that people are oriented differently at birth. Do you deny that it is a different type of sexual orientation?
Does pedophilia involve consensual sex between ADULTS?

If the answer is no, which it obviously is, then I don't care if pedophiliacs are so orientated. The answer is that it is a crime to act on it as no other adult is involved in giving consent.

It has been reasonably shown that real pedophiliacs cannot be "cured", although there are some drugs used to constrain their urges. As such, yeah, they are born that way. Sadly.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:19 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
What is the difference?

A male person born with a gene or something that makes him naturally prone to be a woman or a boy raised by a bunch of girls in a family that wanted a girl, or just some sort of circumstances that led a person to be a homosexual?

Either way, it simply is who they are and you couldn't change either. Wether it comes from birth or condition, it is who they are and they can't do anything about it.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:22 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Does pedophilia involve consensual sex between ADULTS?

If the answer is no, which it obviously is, then I don't care if pedophiliacs are so orientated. The answer is that it is a crime to act on it as no other adult is involved in giving consent.

It has been reasonably shown that real pedophiliacs cannot be "cured", although there are some drugs used to constrain their urges. As such, yeah, they are born that way. Sadly.
That's pretty unsympathetic and unaccepting to a group of people who were born that way. Why should they be punished for simply being who they are. Instead, they are throw in prison even if they never physically do anything. At least create a colony for them to live freely. Otherwise, it's kinda hypocritical to claim that gays can't help their sexual orientation and therefore should always be accepted, but not for someone with the misfortune of having a different type. They are regarded as sub-humans, bottom class citizens.

That's the argument I was making which in no way, shape or form is a direct comparison to gay people.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:35 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time anymore with your nonsense. You follow up my point about Ad Honimen attacks with yet another one. This will be my last post forever to you. I will no longer play fodder for you to unleash you personal bitterness against God's people in this thread. Spring cleaning is now in full effect.

I can only talk to brick walls so long. Especially ones that spew venom.
Yes, run away like the coward you are. Don't grow and learn or actually make valid points.

To everyone reading, notice that Jeff could not respond to any of the points, and instead ran away. That is what cowards, liars, hypocrites, and fundies do. They run away when they can't respond to points made.

The only "attacks" I had, were related DIRECTLY to Jeff's words. The fact that he is too scared to even respond, just proves the point was made.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, you've done a fine job over the years exhibiting your lack of critical thinking skills, your endless well of bigotry, and now your cowardice.

Typical fundie.
Yes, now he is just going to block people and run away. His cowardice and ignorance know no bounds.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
That's pretty unsympathetic and unaccepting to a group of people who were born that way. Why should they be punished for simply being who they are. Instead, they are throw in prison even if they never physically do anything. At least create a colony for them to live freely. Otherwise, it's kinda hypocritical to claim that gays can't help their sexual orientation and therefore should always be accepted, but not for someone with the misfortune of having a different type. They are regarded as sub-humans, bottom class citizens.

That's the argument I was making which in no way, shape or form is a direct comparison to gay people.
I would love to see these instances that this guy keeps bringing up, of people going to jail for being pedos, without ever doing anything pedo related... I am willing to bet that is simply another lie told by this "good Christian".

Old 12-14-2018, 02:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:

If they don't act on their urges, meaning having non-consensual sex with someone who is not an adult, no one will discriminate against them.

But you already knew that.

So what if gays can't help their sexual orientation? If they, like you and me, have sex with consensual adults, so what? How does that affect you, me, or society? It doesn't. It just doesn't matter that gays and lesbians have the same rights as anyone else, including the right not to be discriminated against, and to marry.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:48 PM

63,838 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Default Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins?

Bottom line: They still are not spiritual-minded and not ready to accept the "solid food." They prefer the "carnal milk" because they remain too carnal-minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity