Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 11:45 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No, your post is disgraceful and reeking of hypocrisy. You have the nerve to brand me as a liar when all you are doing is skewing the facts by including Africa HIV stats where HIV remains a common problem and the causes of infections are numerous including poor sanitation and a culture where people have multiple sex partners. Guess which other demographic tends to have multiple sex partners? Gay men.

Here is the most recent USA data. Hey, look who is OVERWHELMINGLY in the red. MALE TO MALE sexual contact.

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/o...ataglance.html

It's sad and disgusting that people like you will spit on the Bible and distort CLEAR facts to push an agenda that celebrates sin. I'm not surprised since you've shown that you are not beneath just making up crap about me like claiming that I'm a homosexual.
Where did aids get it’s start? Do you even know? But it was a gay American who came back from Africa who brought the disease with him.

More than that, for decades you religious bigots have stood solidly against providing condoms for young people who continue to have sex because your god created them to desire it. But you won’t urge the government to help by providing solid help you hypocrite.

Did you also notice that AIDS is declining among all groups except African American gay men and Hispanic gay men? Does that engender racial profiling in you as well? What solutions or “help” (other than the debunked “pray away the gay” therapy) does your side offer? You condemn without helping which is exactly what Jesus criticized in your ancestral Pharisees.

In a world where much of conservative Evangelical Christianity shows little restraint in crucifying all that is truly divine, some of us hear the call of Jesus upon our lives——“Take up your resistance and follow me.”

The only thing it takes for men like you who wish to control the behavior of some while demonizing others, is for those with hearts for humanity, whether they are Jesus-minded Christians, humanitarian atheists or agnostics, or those of other religions to stand by and say nothing.

Jeff, you will never find God until you get it out of your prideful soul that you are better than anyone else.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're talking rights, laws, political stuff. If this forum is about Christianity, then it's not about passing laws and rights.

And no, I won't respond to questions that will hijack the thread.
Sounds like it is talking about the old testament...

So christanity is NOT about rights? I believe that Jesus and the saints would mightily disagree...as for passing laws, why the attacks by evangelicals to change Constitutional law?

Old 12-12-2018, 07:24 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Where did aids get it’s start? Do you even know? But it was a gay American who came back from Africa who brought the disease with him.

More than that, for decades you religious bigots have stood solidly against providing condoms for young people who continue to have sex because your god created them to desire it. But you won’t urge the government to help by providing solid help you hypocrite.
Irrelevant questions. We are talking about the present. It continues to be a significant problem within the gay community. The solution is to do it God's way which is a commited intimate relationship with only one person of the opposite sex. Yet you are bashing us because we don't approve of a way to help people sin? On a spiritual level, that is so wrong.

Quote:

Did you also notice that AIDS is declining among all groups except African American gay men and Hispanic gay men? Does that engender racial profiling in you as well? What solutions or “help” (other than the debunked “pray away the gay” therapy) does your side offer? You condemn without helping which is exactly what Jesus criticized in your ancestral Pharisees.

According to my link (and I certainly trust the CDC over your biased opinion), the infection rate has stayed the same over the last few years. So much for the touting that gay marriage would lead to more safe monogamy. I don't condemn anyone. That's what you do. You even had the gall to say I should rot in hell. Incredibly arrogant and mean. But I can understand how it angers you when the facts don't support your narrative. You can puff and talk big all you want, but it only shows that the emperor has no clothes. The vast majority of your responses can be distilled to this format:

1. You're a hypocrite.
2. You're a bigot
3. No wait, you're really just a homosexual!
4. You're a Pharisee
5. I will use the Bible against you, but oh yea, I believe it's a work of fiction too.

But hey, at least you got a bit more creative by also telling me to burn in hell. Go read Matthew 7:16. All I have received from you is rotten fruit. You know, if you had came at me with respect and friendliness, I may have actually considered you are right in your comments. But your posts only reinforce my beliefs that I am on the side of truth.

Quote:

In a world where much of conservative Evangelical Christianity shows little restraint in crucifying all that is truly divine, some of us hear the call of Jesus upon our lives——“Take up your resistance and follow me.”

The only thing it takes for men like you who wish to control the behavior of some while demonizing others, is for those with hearts for humanity, whether they are Jesus-minded Christians, humanitarian atheists or agnostics, or those of other religions to stand by and say nothing.

Jeff, you will never find God until you get it out of your prideful soul that you are better than anyone else.
We don't wish to control anyone. We just want to live our lives, seek God's will and serve our communities. We just don't want to get involved in gay marriage and someone shouldn't have to give up their business that they worked and sacrificed for just to maintain that barrier.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Irrelevant questions. We are talking about the present. It continues to be a significant problem within the gay community. The solution is to do it God's way which is a commited intimate relationship with only one person of the opposite sex. Yet you are bashing us because we don't approve of a way to help people sin? On a spiritual level, that is so wrong.

We don't wish to control anyone. We just want to live our lives, seek God's will and serve our communities. We just don't want to get involved in gay marriage and someone shouldn't have to give up their business that they worked and sacrificed for just to maintain that barrier.
And all the while it is a GROWING concern in the heterosexual community? Perhaps due to the closet evangelicals chasing after younger males and returning home to their christian wives?

20 conservative evangelicals Brought Down By Big Gay Sex Scandals

Old 12-12-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:

so racial discrimination based on the bible is acceptable? Or stoning your wife is acceptable?

Perhaps giving the wive some wormwood to induce a miscarriage is ok?

Or can we circumcise our neighbors before killing them and raping their women?

what happens to the community if they allow the witch to live?

But it is GREAT if daughters sleep with their fathers???

Old 12-12-2018, 08:11 AM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If there is a God, then everyone or ALL PEOPLE are his people.
There is nothing special about those professing to be Christian.

Bigotry begins: When you isolate or divide humanity.
Great definition.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:21 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. I don't hate "everything they are", nor do I believe that they shouldn't have rights. To continue to say that is bigotry. If you continue to insist that, I must call you a bigot. You fit the definition precisely.
Yes, you clearly do. You "hate" the "sin" of homosexuality, right? They are homosexuals, so you do hate everything they are. You hate their core personality and being.

Do you believe they should have the right to marry their significant other? Buy a wedding cake like everyone else? Seems like you don't, meaning you do indeed believe they shouldn't have the same rights as you.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Everything they are? So you really think a person's sexual preference 100% defines who they are? I guess you think that is all that matters.
No, clearly not. You are the ones incapable of thinking outside of your black and white boxes. However, you guys don't just think gay sex is a sin, do you? It is simply being gay that is a sin. Lusting after someone of the same sex, or kissing someone of the same sex, or marrying someone of the same sex. It isn't just the sex part that you guys have an issue with.

If someone was trying to deny you rights based off of your sexual orientation, and claiming you weren't equal to them because of that orientation, would you feel loved by them, Jeff? Liked? Tolerated? What?

Old 12-12-2018, 09:00 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If there is a God, then everyone or ALL PEOPLE are his people.
There is nothing special about those professing to be Christian.

Bigotry begins: When you isolate or divide humanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Great definition.
You mean when you call certain people fundies...

It is noted.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
No, your post is disgraceful and reeking of hypocrisy. You have the nerve to brand me as a liar when all you are doing is skewing the facts by including Africa HIV stats where HIV remains a common problem and the causes of infections are numerous including poor sanitation and a culture where people have multiple sex partners. Guess which other demographic tends to have multiple sex partners? Gay men.

Here is the most recent USA data. Hey, look who is OVERWHELMINGLY in the red. MALE TO MALE sexual contact.

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/o...ataglance.html

It's sad and disgusting that people like you will spit on the Bible and distort CLEAR facts to push an agenda that celebrates sin. I'm not surprised since you've shown that you are not beneath just making up crap about me like claiming that I'm a homosexual.
Oh, so you want to ignore the rest of the world, and only focus on the US, huh? You know that there is more to this world than just the US, right? Sure, you can try and skew whatever stats you want, and confine it to certain regions and put conditions on it, but it just makes you look silly. After all, the south (the most religious area of the US) has the largest amount of new HIV cases, by almost people 6 per 100,000 (Not going to count those "dependent areas" since you don't want to count those types of places, but the south is still 4 people per 100,000 higher than those 3rd world areas...). Also, 4% of new cases in gay men are drug related, not sex related.

Look at the whole picture, Jeff. You want to talk about discounting Africa because of the ongoing issues, poverty and sanitation, yet if you look at the stats, that is clearly a large issue in the US as well, since most new cases aren't coming from the wealthy suburbs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity