Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 02:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I was born as all people are born. Given a unique identity and a soul. My life experiences played a role in shaping my attractions, not genetics.
So, how old were you when you decided you were straight?

Old 11-26-2018, 03:24 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Sadly you weren't born very smart. And you compound it by never researching your answers.

Science says you have your head up your---where the sun don't shine!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3030621/

This is a summarization of studies on how genetics affect sexuality. But it is probably above your pay-level.
And you continue to waste your time. I will not look at your link or respond to your comments until you learn to have some maturity and make a post that is not a direct personal attack. Calling me stupid gets you slapped with the ignore button from me. Sadly you seem incapable of having to use this crutch to prop up tissue thin arguments.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
I was born as all people are born. Given a unique identity and a soul. My life experiences played a role in shaping my attractions, not genetics.
Just as the LGBTQ folks are born as all people are, with a unique identity and a souls.

So you LEARNED to be heterosexual???

So all people are born ANDROGYNOUS?

Old 11-26-2018, 03:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Sorry I don't buy that argument one bit. I don't care if I'm disowned or bullied. No one could peer pressure me into having same sex relations as an adult, not to mention that the other partner would not want to be with someone who found the relationship to be disgusting and against their true desires. They wouldn't have a partner for long.

As always, there is more to the story, often sexual abuse is somewhere in their history or the family's history. I think the reality is that you are far too much attached to this issue on a personal level to ever see if objectively from our perspective. You NEED to demonize us to feel good about your side. It's sad that you ran off a good poster like urban with the cheap tactic of goading him to talk about his personal life and then throwing down ridiculous judgement about someone's personal character.
Yet you and the evangelicals want to use SOCIAL PRESSURE, ECONOMIC PRESSURE and BULLYING to "fix" the LGBTQ folks????????

Old 11-26-2018, 03:33 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
So, how old were you when you decided you were straight?
You know, this is always a question they can't answer.... If they say they know when they decided, they have to admit that they were contemplating being gay at some point. If they admit that they didn't have too, then their argument against gay people go out the window...

Old 11-26-2018, 03:48 PM

41 posts, read 34,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Big difference in your view of homosexuality as the same as murder, adultery, or theft. In the case of the latter three sins, all cause harms to others. But a homosexual loving someone of the same sex not only fails to cause harm, it usually is a spiritual and emotional lift to the one they love. Isn’t that how heterosexual love works for you? And if you desire to follow Jesus and love others as you love yourself, why can’t you support a man loving a man if it gives them the same spiritual/emotional bond you enjoy.

You cannot enjoy any attachment of your own, in your heterosexual state, while stating they can do the same, but only in an impossible for them heterosexual format. What would you say to someone requiring you to marry a woman in order to be “godly,” regardless of your lack of attraction?

Did someone have to specify for you that you are a sinner? Was not God able to deal directly with you about sin? If so, why not love and reach out to homosexuals without judging them. Trust God to reveal to them their sins as He did for you.

Finally, God does not make conservative nor liberal Christians. He has shown us all in His Son how we are to treat and act toward sinners in particular.

Never anywhere in Scripture will you see Jesus take an attitude except with those who valued what the Bible has written in it, more than people themselves. That is the attitude of latter day fundamentalists who bask in the glory of telling us all FOR CERTAIN, “this is what the Bible says.”

What Jesus said with the story of the woman caught in adultery, is that He didn’t care what the Bible says. He cares about people, not what they may or may not be doing.
That is the point, he cares about people AND cares about what they are doing.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:56 PM

41 posts, read 34,611 times
Look, I've read a lot in this thread and if you want to be a homosexual, then go for it but don';t try to push it off on others-especially our schools like some have done in recent years. Homosexuality is wrong according to the Bible and if you don't like that, you can tear that particular page out of the Bible but that won't make it right. Even nature has rules as does God and if you don't want to follow them then go your way but one day we will all stand before an almighty God and give an account of ourselves and what we've done on earth. He won't force himself off on anyone regardless of need.
So this thread may as well be closed, I'm not into people trying to justify sin.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:58 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
Except those passages do not condemn loving, commited homosexual relationships at all.
Quote:
Wrong. Romans 1:26-27 clearly says it is UNNATURAL. I don't care if it is in a pagan temple or not. The verse still says it is UNNATURAL.
Oh my, I DO believe that this is the very first time that you have acknowledged Paul having written of pagan idolatry and temple prostitution in Romans 1, Jeff! I guess that's a plus of sorts.

But anyway, so you believe Paul to have been 'God' in human form, eh Jeff? It would appear so. If Paul refers to something as 'unnatural' then it's 'God' saying that 'it's unnatural'? When Paul says, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet (1 Timothy 2:12)" ...that is 'God' speaking, eh Jeff?

From Paul's perspective, any woman attempting to usurp authority over a man or to be his equal would also have been seen as 'unnatural', hence the 'I do not permit' text.

How about Paul's, "Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him?" ...in other words, long hair for a man is 'unnatural', i.e. it's against nature (1 Corinthians 11:14).

Or, how about the previous text, "Is it proper (the 'natural' way to do something) for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered (1 Corinthians 11:13)?" The answer is, of course, 'No, it is NOT proper for a woman to pray with her head uncovered.'

If Paul is so hung up on the 'unnatural' things to do with women not covering their heads in prayer and usurping the authority of men and men wearing long hair so as to appear 'feminine' then it's not too much a stretch that he would find male with male temple prostitution and other forms of sexual rituals 'unnatural'!

You are stuck in a time warp, Jeff, and this has nothing to do with 'God', even though you somehow believe this to be the case. You really have no idea of the thinking of Paul's day and the culture to which he belonged but you attempt to apply such things to we in the year 2018 as though to do so is natural. It isn't natural, Jeff ...in fact it's not only UNNATURAL but it's also ridiculous. And, I trust that most thinking people will be able to figure this out for themselves.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:00 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiedorite View Post
Look, I've read a lot in this thread and if you want to be a homosexual, then go for it but don';t try to push it off on others-especially our schools like some have done in recent years.
You guys first.

See, you want gay people to sit down in the closet and shut up, while you run rampant. Just because YOU think it is wrong, doesn't mean everyone does, or should. So, keep your religion out of our schools, and maybe others would follow suit.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You know, this is always a question they can't answer.... If they say they know when they decided, they have to admit that they were contemplating being gay at some point. If they admit that they didn't have too, then their argument against gay people go out the window...
Yep. They can't tap-dance around their hypocrisy, so they ignore. In their feeble little minds, gays "choose" and straights don't.

Yet more evidence that a low IQ and lack of formal education are considered virtues by fundie pastors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity