Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2018, 09:38 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times

Advertisements

use free will to come out of the closet

Old 12-29-2018, 09:58 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Originally Posted by Choir Loft
The Bible says we are all sinners.

Which is exactly why no xstian should be trusted at all

There were honest men long before there were Xians. Honesty has nothing to do with sin.

The homosexual is no different from anyone else on this planet except for the hypocrisy of their self-deceit. Believing themselves wise they have become fools and will fall into the trap they have set for themselves.

The god they worship is GayLove, not the Creator of us all. The god GayLove cannot and will not save.

The Bible defines righteousness as faith in God. Sin, therefore, is lack of faith in God.

The five cities of the Kingdom of Sodom were destroyed because of lack of righteousness, not because of their financial success, their lack of moral hospitality or their issues with illegal border crossings. (ref: Josephus)

The answer to the dilemma for gays, as well as all sinners, is to repent of sin. God is willing to forgive and does not hope for the destruction of anyone.

Repent and be saved.

Or die in your sin. It's up to you.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 12-29-2018 at 10:11 AM..

Old 12-29-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why does god create sinners?
God gave humans the ability to chose to believe and accept HIM ....

or

to do what we want instead.

Lack of faith & disobedience toward God is called sin & unrighteousness.

It is expressed in human terms in acts of indecency, violence and hatred toward God.

It is also a human tendency to blame anyone and everyone else for our own stupidity and wickedness.

Ask anyone in prison. They will tell you it's someone else's fault.

We blame God for the same reason. We flat refuse to admit to God we have CHOSEN to sin.

...and that too is sin.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Old 12-29-2018, 10:15 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
There were honest men long before there were Xians. Honesty has nothing to do with sin.

The homosexual is no different from anyone else on this planet except for the hypocrisy of their self-deceit. Believing themselves wise they have become fools and will fall into the trap they have set for themselves.

The god they worship is GayLove, not the Creator of us all. The god GayLove cannot and will not save.

The Bible defines righteousness as faith in God. Sin, therefore, is lack of faith in God.

The five cities of the Kingdom of Sodom were destroyed because of lack of righteousness, not because of their financial success, their lack of moral hospitality or their issues with illegal border crossings. (ref: Josephus)

The answer to the dilemma for gays, as well as all sinners, is to repent of sin. God is willing to forgive and does not hope for the destruction of anyone.

Repent and be saved.

Or die in your sin. It's up to you.

Lying is number 8 of 10.

Homosexuality didn’t make the top ten.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:29 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Lying is number 8 of 10.

Nor did rape. Nor did slavery.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:49 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
If sin is such an important word, it would make Jesus stupid for dying for them.

Does God judge hearts? Then there is no need to accept Christ as Savior since God judges us anyway. Does God save eternally? If so, then what you have invented as sins in the lives of others is nonsense and your own foolishness. There would be no difference between a saved homosexual and a saved jeffbase40.

There WILL be judgement, but no "eternal" hell. There will be a measure of CORRECTIVE punishment. My thought is that you will spend considerably more time there than most of the rest of us as you've shown yourself incapable of learning. Takes a lot of "fire" to burn biblical stupidity out of a "sinner," and one who insists on his "christian" rights above those of others.

Philippians 2:3
What I believe is correction takes place here, not in some “afterlife”

What I am coming to believe Is flesh and spirit are just different dimensions not different places, so when you die you don’t go to a different place and become spirit, you just are not part of this dimension any more until you come back in

I believe we come in and go out in our “generations” and that is the “sin” that has been accrued to the “generation of wrath” they/we are “sons of their/our fathers”

There are those who are sons of their respective fathers because a leopard does not change its spots.... evil is evil and good is good

Joh 8:42 Then Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I went forth and have come from God. For I have not come from Myself, but that One sent Me.
Joh 8:43 Why do you not know My speech? It is because you are not able to hear My Word.
Joh 8:44 You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.
Joh 8:46 Who of you reproves Me concerning sin? But if I speak truth, why do you not believe Me?

Individually we are responsible for our actions which come from our heart, and that applies nationally as well

Deu 29:1 These are the Words of the covenant which Jehovah commanded Moses to make with the sons of Israel in the land of Moab, besides the covenant which He made with them in Horeb.
Deu 29:2 And Moses called to all Israel, and said to them, You have seen all that Jehovah did before your eyes in the land of Egypt, to Pharaoh and to all his servants, and to all his land.
Deu 29:3 Your eyes have seen the great trials, the signs, and those great miracles.
Deu 29:4 Yet Jehovah has not given to you a heart to know, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, until this day.
Deu 29:5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness; your garments have not worn out from off you, and your sandal has not worn away off your foot.
Deu 29:6 You have not eaten bread, and you have not drunk wine or fermented drink, so that you might know that I am Jehovah your God

Deu 29:10 You are standing today, all of you, before Jehovah your God; your rulers, your tribes your elders, and your officers, every man of Israel;
Deu 29:11 your little ones, your wives, and your alien who is in the midst of your camps, from the woodchopper to the one drawing your water;
Deu 29:12 so that you should enter into the covenant of Jehovah your God, and into His oath, which Jehovah your God is making with you today;
Deu 29:13 so that He may establish you today for a people to Himself, and He Himself be your God, as He has spoken to you, and as He has sworn to your fathers, to Abraham to Isaac, and to Jacob.
Deu 29:14 And I am not making this covenant and this oath with you alone,
Deu 29:15 but with him who stands here with us today before Jehovah your God; and also with him that is not here with us today.
Deu 29:16 For you know how we lived in the land of Egypt, and how we came through the nations through which you passed.
Deu 29:17 And you have seen their detestable things, and their idols of wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them;

Deu 29:18 that there not be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turns away today from Jehovah our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you today a root that bears gall and wormwood;
Deu 29:19 and it happens when he hears the words of this curse, that he should bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, even though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart, to snatch away the drunken with the thirsty.
Deu 29:20 Jehovah will not be willing to forgive him, for then Jehovah's anger and His zeal shall smoke, and His zeal shall be against that man, and all the curses written in this book shall lie upon him. And Jehovah shall blot out his name from under the heavens.

Deu 29:21 And Jehovah shall set him apart to evil, out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the Law;
Deu 29:22 so that the generation to come, your sons who rise after you, and the foreigner who comes in from a distant land, shall say when they see the plagues of that land, and its sicknesses which Jehovah shall send into it,
Deu 29:23 The whole land shall be burned with brimstone and salt;

Deu 31:1 And Moses went out and spoke these words to all Israel.
Deu 31:2 And he said to them, I am a hundred and twenty years old today. I am not able any more to go out and to come in. And Jehovah has said to me, You shall not cross over this Jordan.
Deu 31:3 Jehovah your God will cross over before you; He shall destroy these nations from before you, and you shall possess them. Joshua is the one who shall cross over before you, as Jehovah has spoken.

The 7 nations of Canaan ARE the 7 assemblies of Revelation

The abominations referred to in the scriptures are about not taking responsibility for your own actions and blaming others and thinking you are excused to have someone else to be your scapegoat

“Adam” was given dominion but let “eve” tempt him with the “fruit” of the “tree” who in term blamed the “cunning” “living”

Old 12-30-2018, 10:07 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Whatever has been discussed or bandied about on this thread, any gay person who feels the need for Christianity in their lives (that pertaining to 'Jesus' and NOT that of the conservative or 'fundie' group which is not necessarily 'Christianity' anyway) then there are any number of gay-affirming churches springing up and increasing in number, so I believe, month by month. There is nothing wrong in being gay. Don't be fooled by the religious rhetoric of the fundie Christian. They are only expressing their ignorance ...both scripturally as well as from an understanding of human sexuality. Ignore them.

If you are gay then you really ARE okay. The Bible (which is a book) doesn't condemn you. Jesus doesn't condemn you. Indeed, you and your sexuality were not even on His radar! However, just as a straight person might behave in a way that might be termed 'immoral', gay people, of course, might behave similarly. People are people. But, that might have little to do with whether one is gay or straight. The jury seems to be somewhat unclear on that one. But, it would seem, 'the jury' consists of predominantly straight people. Moreover, one's moral behavior is generally not the business of those that are not involved in the lives of others.

So, be yourself and don't ever be scared off by the fundies whose favorite word, it appears, is 'sin'. And, they just love to apply that word to others at every opportunity!

Old 12-30-2018, 10:40 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Whatever has been discussed or bandied about on this thread, any gay person who feels the need for Christianity in their lives (that pertaining to 'Jesus' and NOT that of the conservative or 'fundie' group which is not necessarily 'Christianity' anyway) then there are any number of gay-affirming churches springing up and increasing in number, so I believe, month by month. There is nothing wrong in being gay. Don't be fooled by the religious rhetoric of the fundie Christian. They are only expressing their ignorance ...both scripturally as well as from an understanding of human sexuality. Ignore them.

If you are gay then you really ARE okay. The Bible (which is a book) doesn't condemn you. Jesus doesn't condemn you. Indeed, you and your sexuality were not even on His radar! However, just as a straight person might behave in a way that might be termed 'immoral', gay people, of course, might behave similarly. People are people. But, that might have little to do with whether one is gay or straight. The jury seems to be somewhat unclear on that one. But, it would seem, 'the jury' consists of predominantly straight people. Moreover, one's moral behavior is generally not the business of those that are not involved in the lives of others.

So, be yourself and don't ever be scared off by the fundies whose favorite word, it appears, is 'sin'. And, they just love to apply that word to others at every opportunity!
Such a really good post. It's nice that you put the focus back on helping those who are oppressed.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:26 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,622,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If you want to set off most conservative Christians get on the topic of homosexuality or gay rights. The anger most of them have regarding this issue is unfathomable. Get on the topic and most conservative Christians will take on an anger and a zeal that you don't see when talking about any other issue except maybe abortion. Whenever LGBT-advocates have a political or cultural victory, Facebook fills up with right-wingers venting their anger and hatred towards these individuals. The same people come to the defense of people like Josh Duggar. Why is this? It seems to be getting a lot worse as many of the beliefs once confined to extremist groups like Westboro are now gaining traction among mainstream evangelicals.

Why is it that a man can cheat on his wife and molest his sister, and have Mike Huckabee call for forgiveness but as soon as somebody comes out as gay, you have Huckabee and his ilk calling on God to wipe America off the face of the planet for simply allowing them to exist?

You ask most people this question and they will say its because the Bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Want to know what also is an abomination? A lying tongue, (see Proverbs 12:22), yet religious right politicians have no qualms with spinning the truth when it suits their agenda. Most people who cry and scream about homosexuality probably aren't even aware of what else the Bible calls an abomination.
Maybe they don't like to talk about it because it hits just a little too close to home and the very subject makes them feel extremely uncomfortable, so much so that the fear and self doubt may show in their eyes and their deepest darkest thoughts and secrets will be exposed. The only way to keep their secret under wraps is to speak out so strongly and vehemently against anything that might be perceived as gay so that nobody would even suspect what that person does when he or she thinks nobody is looking. It's not unusual for a person to become what he or she fears the most. In fact, it happens all the time.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Lying is number 8 of 10.

WHAT THE LAW OF MOSES SAYS:

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
- Leviticus 20:13

JESUS WAS JUDGED BY MAN and murdered in a public execution. So shall He come again WITH JUDGMENT IN HIS HAND UPON MAN.

Today Christ is the judge.

The rest of us must heed the ancient warnings and repent of our particular sin, whatever that may be, including but not restricted to homosexuality.

Where in the Bible does it say certain sins are excluded from judgment? Gays hypocritically argue that sin is a four letter word. They refuse their own sin - even as the rest of humanity is condemned. It has been said and written before that all have sinned. (Romans 3:23)

Refusing to honor the Law of the living god, gays have invented a god of hypocrisy called GayLove. They have done so since the beginning. When it is written that all are sinners, they deny guilt and claim they are immune from the Law because of GayLove. They believe their false god GayLove will forgive anyone because love is the cornerstone of the forbidden acts of the sodomite.

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men"
- 1 Corinthians 6:9

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Isaiah 59:2

Did you read the last quote? God will not hear the prayer of any sinner.

Therefore much foolish argument and opposition is leveled at the Law of life and the path of redemption. Not one seeks truth or liberty from sin.

ALL humanity is called to take up their cross and bear it with humility and in obedience to the Master of the Universe. ALL means ALL.

Blessed are those who lay their sins and wickedness at the feet of the savior and willingly take up the discipline of turning their backs on their particular sin against God. Eternal life will be their reward in the future and the knowledge of God in the world today. This is no small thing. The second birth is the greatest miracle of God since the creation of the world. It is not a thing to be lightly esteemed.

It is better to lose a thing that cannot be kept (sin) so as to embrace a thing that cannot be lost (God's own life). No one can have both at the same time. Either one will love worldly affection and hate God and His offer of eternal life - or one will embrace the riches of the Second Birth and flush away sin as the vulgar and worthless thing it really is. You cannot hold sin and salvation in your heart at the same time. A choice must be made.

Let the wise understand.

Let the righteousness continue to be righteous and let the wicked continue to be wicked......until the Lord comes....the dread judge of us all.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 12-31-2018 at 07:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity