Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2018, 02:25 PM

63,838 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Attacking harmful and hurtful beliefs
When beliefs result in actually causing harm or hurt to people, attacking those beliefs is NOT an attack on those who hold the beliefs. It is an attempt to enlighten those who hold the beliefs and point out the REAL harm done to others because of them.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:43 PM

22,232 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When beliefs result in actually causing harm or hurt to people, attacking those beliefs is NOT an attack on those who hold the beliefs. It is an attempt to enlighten those who hold the beliefs and point out the REAL harm done to others because of them.
MQ recognizes the behavior as specifically and deliberately attacking and making fun of others. MQ acknowledges and admits it is rude obnoxious behavior. That has nothing to do with discussing beliefs or disagreeing about beliefs. Adults and mature individuals are able to discuss beliefs and disagree regarding beliefs without deliberately attacking others and making fun of them. They do so with courtesy and dignity and with respect towards one another.

Anyone who tries to justify and defend and applaud attacking others and making fun of them is inflicting suffering. There is nothing mature or grown up or adult about it. If you or anyone else thinks it is "enlightening" or "has value" to specifically and deliberately attack others and make fun of them then that is deeply disturbing. It is willfully and deliberately choosing to inflict suffering and choosing to harm others.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-26-2018 at 02:53 PM..

Old 12-26-2018, 02:43 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
For the posters on this thread whining that this whole thread is nothing but an attack on Christians, that you are suffering because of your beliefs, that you are being picked on...

I suggest you mosey over to the Psychology forum and check out Post No. 85 in the thread entitled, What was the worst life changing event you ever went through?

And then stop dancing around the actual point of my quoted post and pontificating about how persecuted you are.

I stayed away from this thread as promised over the holidays, and sad to see your ilk just couldn't put down the pitchforks for Christmas. That only motivates me even more to stand up for truth and against those who seek to destroy God's Holy Word.

And calling us whining because we only want to see the rules of the board which are (or used to be) against rude and personal attacks be upheld on both sides? Unbelievable.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:52 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
I'd suggest you read Miss Blue's sticky post at the top of the Christianity forum if you have a problem with the idea that attacking a belief is not the same as attacking the person.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:01 PM

63,838 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'd suggest you read Miss Blue's sticky post at the top of the Christianity forum if you have a problem with the idea that attacking a belief is not the same as attacking the person.
Pretending that all beliefs are benign and therefore cannot be attacked is preposterous. Harmful or hurtful beliefs can be attacked AS HARMFUL AND HURTFUL without attacking those who hold them.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
In other words, you are attacking homosexuals (and other posters) because they believe differently than that of yourself? While you claim to hate the sin and not the sinner? Apparently, you have a double standard, one for Christians fundamentalists and one for other people.

Last edited by Jerwade; 12-26-2018 at 03:17 PM..

Old 12-26-2018, 03:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, you are attacking homosexuals (and other posters) because they believe differently than that of yourself? While you claim to hate the sin and not the sinner? So, are you really attacking the person or merely what they believe?
Why want you let me condemn the homosexuals instead of calling me out about my beliefs about them?, get behind me follower of the way, you savor the things of God not man.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:24 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I stayed away from this thread as promised over the holidays, and sad to see your ilk just couldn't put down the pitchforks for Christmas. That only motivates me even more to stand up for truth and against those who seek to destroy God's Holy Word.

And calling us whining because we only want to see the rules of the board which are (or used to be) against rude and personal attacks be upheld on both sides? Unbelievable.
Jeff, other than your bible saying it is so, how do you know "the truth"? What process did you use, other than the bible, or what your preacher told you, to get to what you think is "the truth"? And what does that mean, anyways, "the truth"?

Old 12-26-2018, 03:42 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, you are attacking homosexuals (and other posters) because they believe differently than that of yourself? While you claim to hate the sin and not the sinner? Apparently, you have a double standard, one for Christians fundamentalists and one for other people.
No. I've stated many many times on this thread that I am not attacking homosexuals. I don't hate them. I'm sorry that your bigoted attitude can't see that. I'm not sure I've used that phrase "hate the sin and not the sinner'. I'm not sure who you're talking about but it's not me.

That's kind of the issue, is that you are making stereotypical arguments about me and others, exposing your bigotry and then refusing to admit your'e the issue.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
No. I've stated many many times on this thread that I am not attacking homosexuals. I don't hate them. I'm sorry that your bigoted attitude can't see that. I'm not sure I've used that phrase "hate the sin and not the sinner'. I'm not sure who you're talking about but it's not me.

That's kind of the issue, is that you are making stereotypical arguments about me and others, exposing your bigotry and then refusing to admit your'e the issue.
Answer a simple question to clear the confusion up, do you love homosexuals?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity