Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 06:51 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then why are we always the target? Poke some fun at the other side to keep it fair and balanced. Even if it is meant in good nature, it sets a precedent to me that it's ok to divert from the conversation and make a mocking type comment about the poster. If you saw every thread that you participate in always divert into a conversation about attacking your personal character, it would grate on you too.

But in interest of defusing the tension, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I'll be staying off this thread over the holidays and possibly for good. Let's put down the pitchforks, folks and enjoy the holidays.
And a Merry Festivus to you! Enjoy your brand of an adopted Pagan holiday, and thank both those that celebrate Satrunalia and Yule at this time of the year in days before the Pope's army forced changes. I truly wish the best to you and your family, as the Sun starts it's yearly journey of rebirth on Dec. 24/25 this year.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:55 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
To be fair, this entire thread has been a hatchet job on anyone that actually believes the Bible. Maybe it was just difficult to believe that you weren't piling on.

I always wondered why when some of the more southern folks in the USA talked about that book, it frequently come out as being pronounced, "the babble".

I am surprised as how much truth that pronunciation resonates with many.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then why are we always the target? Poke some fun at the other side to keep it fair and balanced. Even if it is meant in good nature, it sets a precedent to me that it's ok to divert from the conversation and make a mocking type comment about the poster. If you saw every thread that you participate in always divert into a conversation about attacking your personal character, it would grate on you too.

But in interest of defusing the tension, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I'll be staying off this thread over the holidays and possibly for good. Let's put down the pitchforks, folks and enjoy the holidays.
Good idea. Satan uses the gay agenda to condemn those who wish to honor God with their words and actions, and this thread is perfect example of it.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good idea. Satan uses the gay agenda to condemn those who wish to honor God with their words and actions, and this thread is perfect example of it.
So your words here are saying gays are of satan ( Great example by words.), if gays are not of the satan you believe in then plainly state they are not rather than doing what i think you will do and say i am twisting your words. You fundamentalists are being used by your satan to condemn gays, i cannot be more plain about that. That is the be all and end all of it.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:02 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Again...you've set yourself up as the authority over God himself. Yay for you. And why exactly should we believe you?
In fact it is YOU who have set yourself up as the authority even over the book YOU claim to follow when it NEVER claims the authority for itself but instead declares authority for something quite different. But YOU don't trust the authority the Bible gives because you have never encountered that Spirit. You trust only your own desire to control using your interpretations of your false "authority."

Old 12-23-2018, 09:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
LOL. Look who's peeking out from under his rock to make an absurd pronouncement.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:52 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
The "gay" agenda is the same as yours. Treat us fairly.

But then you love to have enemies, just like your co-creators, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

Talk about SATAN!!!!

Old 12-23-2018, 01:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Satan uses the gay agenda to condemn those who wish to honor God with their words and actions, and this thread is perfect example of it.
Apparently, it is exposing the hardened heart of fundamentalism and its ignorance.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:29 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, it is exposing the hardened heart of fundamentalism and its ignorance.
Only to those who are able to open their eyes.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:21 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
What is "the gay agenda?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity