Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 02:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Crazy how some people are just so rude.
Try to be nicer. Make baby Jesus smile.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:06 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Quote:
Crazy how some people are just so rude.
That includes some wayward Christians who seem to relish being stumbling blocks to others. Everyone is accountable; no one will get excuse passes to promote evil within the church. A great housecleaning is needed, and no one involved wants to face it.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
That includes some wayward Christians who seem to relish being stumbling blocks to others. Everyone is accountable; no one will get excuse passes to promote evil within the church.
The belief pass no longer holds them accountable. They've been washed in the blood and the demons have been excorcised.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's doesn't say, "No exceptions." And, no, it doesn't plainly state anything of the sort.
As the terms malakos and arsenokoites were not translated as homosexuals, until 1946.

What you need to do is understand the "practice" of shrine prostitution.
And that of having adolescent male sex slaves, who were effeminate.

It has everything to do with those who use and abuse others of the same sex.
Quote:
And the Bible says NOTHING of that. It just says that the behavior is sinful. And no--pointing that out doesn't mean we hate anyone.
Actually, it does, and your lack of knowledge or awareness is irrelevant.
In general, you should educate yourself, and study the various languages.

Because all you are showing is that you follow the ignorance of other men.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:28 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nah. I don't think he's Adam Ant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41A91X5pns

Play it and try to NOT dance.
Great job encouraging more mockery.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I think it would be closer to mockery if she said she DID think you were Adam Ant.

You're delicate as a new-born fawn when it comes to your feelings, yet you don't hesitate to trample on others'.

My Christmas wish for you is that you grow up someday.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:12 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:

If you want to play the games to make it say what you think it does, or read between the lines and try to dissect what it "doesn't say", so be it. I'm sure you even have your "sources" of "scholars" that say what you want to read or hear so you can convince yourself. Yay. I'm sure there really is nothing I could say that would really change your mind on the topic.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:26 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
I don't know how many times I've asked the question ...where, from the Bible, is same gender sex spoken of that DOES NOT reference pagan idolatry and temple prostitution? And, for the very same reasons, I cannot produce the verse asked for because it doesn't exist in the 'direct' form asked for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
We have answered this MANY times.
I would not be silly enough to keep asking the same question repeatedly - and witnessed by others on this thread - IF you had answered the question even once and perhaps I'd missed it! You have NOT answered the question: WHERE, in scripture, is same-sex practice mentioned that DOES NOT refer to pagan idolatry and temple prostitution? And, where in scripture is 'homosexuality' given - or even hinted - as a reason for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Quote:
It's all throughout the Bible.
What is all throughout the Bible? Certainly not mentions of homosexuality!

Quote:
Jesus said marriage was between a man and a woman.
You're resorting to subterfuge or trickery, Jeff. Jesus said NOTHING - EVER! - either for or against homosexuality. Unless, of course, when He referenced 'eunuchs' which, to be honest, I'm not convinced that He was speaking of homosexuals. Anyway, stop your fibbing ...it doesn't do your already questionable reputation any favors.

Quote:
No exceptions. No exceptions to 1 Corinthians 7:2. Man should have sexual relations only with his wife. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 plainly states that same gender sex is a sin.
Really?

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I don't see anything about 'sin' OR homosexuality here. Would you be more specific and point these terms out to me?

Thanks.

Quote:
Nothing about pagan worship there. 1 Timothy 1:8-11 puts homosexuality on a list of major sins. God destroyed "Sodom because of homosexuality and Leviticus describes homosexual behavior as detestable and bad enough to destroy other nations. You are flat out wrong when you claim that the Bible says nothing against homosexuality.
Jeff, you're an example of the damage religious brainwashing can do to people. And, its damaging to both the victim of brainwashing as well as to those the victim attempts to indoctrinate with the lies such as those you continue to perpetuate. This kind of thing has to be stamped out ASAP and, fortunately, with more of an awareness today with regard to the brainwashing techniques of fundamental Christianity, this will eventually happen. It just can't come soon enough for some of us. You're full of lies, Jeff, and the silly thing is that people can see through your lies by simply reading the scriptures for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
I will admit that there is a smidgin' of mockery at times in my tone with you, Jeff. However, you do lend yourself to a bit of sarcasm due to your militant and personal stance on this subject which, at times, borders on the amusing. I actually don't dislike you and I think that, in real life, you're probably a good guy but I think you really do need to lighten up somewhat, close your Bible if need be since it's having the wrong effect on you, and start to accept homosexual people for who they were designed to be.
Quote:
Mockery is rotten fruit. By their fruits, you will know who is truly of Christ. As long as you come out with me mockery, sarcasm and flat out insults, I have no reason to consider that your position might be true.
I think you're overdoing the mockery from me, Jeff ...it's more like 'funning' with you due to some of your posts that encourage this. That said, I AM beginning to take you more seriously because I've now become aware as to how indoctrinated you are and this IS something to be taken seriously. Continually lying in order to uphold beliefs that have been drummed into you to the point where you don't appear to realize that you ARE lying has to be realized by you, Jeff. And, the sooner the better.

You know, even I thought that TroutDude's comments toward you might be rather uncalled for at times. But now I understand that he knows you better than I do.

Wake up, Jeff.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:41 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh come on! You can't be possibly be that humorless, Jeff. It was a play on the word that TroutDude used.

Trying to defuse the ongoing tension here, and you take the opportunity to create more instead. SMH.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:

Quote:
If you want to play the games to make it say what you think it does, or read between the lines and try to dissect what it "doesn't say", so be it. I'm sure you even have your "sources" of "scholars" that say what you want to read or hear so you can convince yourself. Yay. I'm sure there really is nothing I could say that would really change your mind on the topic.
It has nothing to do with reading between the line, and everything to do with the truth. If you want to remain ignorant that's your choice, but I will stick with the original meaning, not a 1946 edition by homophobes or those who have an irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity