Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2019, 11:11 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Jerwade mentioned he had his first sexual encounter at age 13 and you jumped on him and accused him of being a criminal. I have an issue with that much moreso than you trying to gain points in this thread by citing the numerous age of consent laws on the books. It is bogging down the conversation and proving no point tho.

Do you not have a humble bone in your body? Do you not give in the give and take at all? Do you admit to being wrong.... ever?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is not an honest statement. I said I made so many mistakes myself when I was a teen than it is not my place to judge other peoples deeds. Then we discussed what the law says about the matter. Why Jerwade brought it up for the 2nd time is a mystery, but I thought I'd answer his questions.
It took several times of asking you for the site you were using, which you had avoided. And, as I said, I am not under any time restraints for when it comes to responding to you. However, you did say that I would be labeled a sex offender "claiming " it was non-consensual under the law or equivalent to statutory rape? Although, I do not have any expectation that you would be totally honest, it's not something you are committed to doing. Personally, I do not condemn two homosexuals for having consensual relations, any more than I would two under-aged teenagers for exploring their sexuality. The spirit of the law is to protect the innocent from exploitation and abuse by predators who seek out under-aged children or victims of sexual assault. If you prefer, those who molest babies, abuse children (male or female) and rape women.

Please, carry-on with the reasons that you feel consenting adults are an abomination, according to your Bible.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It took several times of asking you for the site you were using, which you had avoided. And, as I said, I am not under any time restraints for when it comes to responding to you. However, you did say that I would be labeled a sex offender "claiming " it was non-consensual under the law or equivalent to statutory rape? Although, I do not have any expectation that you would be totally honest, it's not something you are committed to doing. Personally, I do not condemn two homosexuals for having consensual relations, any more than I would two under-aged teenagers for exploring their sexuality. The spirit of the law is to protect the innocent from exploitation and abuse by predators who seek out under-aged children or victims of sexual assault. If you prefer, those who molest babies, abuse children (male or female) and rape women.
Well, the law DOES consider it statutory rape, so it is what it is. Sorry if it offends you. And yes, I did provide links where it is explained. I even provided one for Arizona since that is where you said you live.

Now I see the parallels with the gay discussion. People are personally attacked for stating what the Bible says about it, and apparently the same goes for simply stating what the US law says about underage sex. The approach is the same, which is to say "if you don't shut up about the facts, we will personally accuse / attack you".

I didn't write the Bible, and I didn't write the US law, so you are barking at the wrong tree.

And no, the sexual assault aspect is not the only reason for the "age of consent", as there are also health concerns (STDs) and unwanted pregnancy concerns. It falls under the "protect the innocent" area, because sometimes kids need to be protected even from themselves, or at least the lawmakers see it that way. It is the same reason we don't sell cigarettes and booze to kids.

Quote:
Please, carry-on with the reasons that you feel consenting adults are an abomination, according to your Bible
The only person here who is calling people abominations is Warden. The Bible does not call them abominations, it only calls their behavior such.

You know what other behavior is an abomination? A false witness.

Quote:
He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the LORD.
No further comment.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-09-2019 at 12:36 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 12:48 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,340,329 times
Quote:
It seems you are having a really hard time with this.

The law is what it is. I said before that I am not trying to defend the fairness (or unfairness) of the law, but merely pointing out what the law says.

You, and your tribesmen here, are the ones who want to argue about it by creating all these straw man arguments.

It is what it is. Get over yourself.
It does not matter what the law states or what law we are talking about, I am addressing the misrepresentation in your posts. So yes I do have a hard time when someone appears to deliberately cherry picks or misrepresents facts or stats.

Disagreeing wirh false accusations or lies is not the definition of a straw man. No you are cherry picking laws to support your accusation against Jerwade and I doubt you care about any thing else than trying to make Jerwade appear as a criminal.

I am very satisfied with the law in Canada on this subject, so I don't have to get over that. I am a member of CD for I don't have to settle with folks like you who like to distort.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
It does not matter what the law states or what law we are talking about, I am addressing the misrepresentation in your posts. So yes I do have a hard time when someone appears to deliberately cherry picks or misrepresents facts or stats.

Disagreeing wirh false accusations or lies is not the definition of a straw man. No you are cherry picking laws to support your accusation against Jerwade and I doubt you care about any thing else than trying to make Jerwade appear as a criminal.

I am very satisfied with the law in Canada on this subject, so I don't have to get over that. I am a member of CD for I don't have to settle with folks like you who like to distort.
This is how people react when they go "all in" and then realize they are holding a losing hand

Old 07-09-2019, 01:33 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,340,329 times
Quote:
This is how people react when they go "all in" and then realize they are holding a losing hand
Sorry but perhaps you can change. At least you now know that you are holding a losing hand. If you think that it was me holding a losing hand then I must be dumb because I don't know what hand or all in you are referring to. You'd have to be at least a smidgen more specific

Old 07-09-2019, 01:33 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,302 times
Quote:

I didn't write the Bible, and I didn't write the US law, so you are barking at the wrong tree.
Spoken like a true fundie.

"Hey, I don't make the rules! That's what the Bible says, don't blame me for my bigotry and ignorance!"

Old 07-09-2019, 01:34 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,884,102 times
Quote:

No further comment.
Quote:
That didn't last long.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:35 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,302 times
Quote:
Sorry but perhaps you can change. At least you now know that you are holding a losing hand. If you think that it was me holding a losing hand then I must be dumb because I don't know what hand or all in you are referring to. You'd have to be at least a smidgen more specific
You have to remember, badlander, Finn is a chicken on a chess board. He kicks all the pieces over, craps on the board, and struts off as if he won.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Spoken like a true fundie.

"Hey, I don't make the rules! That's what the Bible says, don't blame me for my bigotry and ignorance!"
"Ve vas yust following orders!"

Old 07-09-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
If you think that it was me holding a losing hand then I must be dumb because I don't know what hand or all in you are referring to. You'd have to be at least a smidgen more specific
When people try to get personal, like you just did, it is practically always triggered by the desire to make the conversation about the person and away from the weak position they tried to defend. It is called ad hominem and a deflection.

And look at Troutdude and Imissthe90s who came to your aid with their 3rd grade "debating" tactics. They employ the same approach, except they dont even bother to touch the topic. Either they dont know how, or they don't want to try because they know they are holding a losing hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity