Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 08:17 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
We're not discussing incest.

I want you to show me where the Bible condemns loving, committed relationships with same sex partners. You haven't done so.
Ok so you can't answer my question which is quite relevant to yours. Got it. I have shown where the Bible clearly does not approve of same sex relations. Loving or not.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:17 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,996 times
lest anyone think they are Christian just by calling themselves one or simply by wearing some symbol, let me show you 6 signs of a true repenter:

1) true repenters reflect on personal sin (to remember that we still sin but are saved only by His grace)

2) true repenters recognize divine wrath (the terrible, eternal and fearful price for rejecting the Gospel and Jesus Christ)

3) true repenters reject religious ritual (such as found in many churches today (such as sprinkling or infant baptism)

4) true repenters renounce family ancestry (spirituality being passed down through generations)

5) true repenters must be spiritually transformed (not a superficial reading of Scripture or a casual feeling)

6) true repenters must receive the true Messiah (only Jesus Christ)

Old 11-08-2018, 08:22 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Haters gotta hate. Which is why they cling to their "holy" book so desperately. It gives them permission to be nasty to their fellow man. In fact, in their twisted world, they think they'll be rewarded for their hard hearts and dark spirits.

They'll find out otherwise.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:30 AM

troutdude: sad but typical response from people who have absolutely no clue. if preaching the Gospel that can save your eternal life is considered "nasty", then the burden is on you when you stand before God and explain why you chose to reject Him. you can reject the truth of the Bible whether it is preached in love or preached by explaining the repercussions associated with denying God but you're not hating or rejecting me, you're rejecting God. i believe it is you who will find out otherwise and that saddens me.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:51 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
^The vicious threats of the controllers: the attackers of "freedom in Christ."

Old 11-08-2018, 09:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
troutdude: sad but typical response from people who have absolutely no clue. if preaching the Gospel that can save your eternal life is considered "nasty", then the burden is on you when you stand before God and explain why you chose to reject Him. you can reject the truth of the Bible whether it is preached in love or preached by explaining the repercussions associated with denying God but you're not hating or rejecting me, you're rejecting God. i believe it is you who will find out otherwise and that saddens me.
Blah, blah, blah, bible-god.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:07 AM

uh huh.....(sigh)

Old 11-08-2018, 09:22 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Ok so you can't answer my question which is quite relevant to yours. Got it. I have shown where the Bible clearly does not approve of same sex relations. Loving or not.
Maybe you haven't read enough of this thread. You replied to a question with a question. That's not an answer, and I'm not playing that game. I asked for people to post a Biblical passage that refers to loving, committed relationships. I'm talking about passages that do not refer to pagan temple prostitutes, or anything else to do with pagan practices.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:26 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You don't know what homosexual activity is? Does it need to be explained to you?

Not sure why you even asked that...
There are many types of homosexual activity, and I doubt that every homosexual couple engages in even one of these man activities.

Most people are referring to anal sex.

Of the !5% of the population that identify as LGBT, half are female, and very few lesbians engage in that activity. Of the gay men, less than half do.

So, what gripe have you got with the women and the other 60% of the men?

Old 11-08-2018, 09:47 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There are many types of homosexual activity, and I doubt that every homosexual couple engages in even one of these man activities.

Most people are referring to anal sex.

Of the !5% of the population that identify as LGBT, half are female, and very few lesbians engage in that activity. Of the gay men, less than half do.

So, what gripe have you got with the women and the other 60% of the men?
I'm not griping about anything.

I am just pointing out that God condemns homosexual activity (not relationships)... sexual activity involving the same sex. It doesn't matter what the activity is. It's because the same sex is involved. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity