Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 11:49 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Please note, other99, that the word "homosexuality" was not even invented until the nineteenth century. And the verse you quote containing that word was never in any bible prior to 1946.

What year did the word "homosexual" first appear in the bible

You've been duped by modern anti-gay bible translators.

It's okay to "believe" incorrectly as you do. But using an aberrant bible is heresy and unworthy of anyone claiming to know the Truth.
lol! I was about to point out the same thing. Must be a really recent "interpretation".

Old 11-13-2015, 01:07 PM

52 posts, read 31,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Seriously, why is being homosexual any more 'a sin' than being heterosexual?

Homosexuality is a sin because the Bible says so.

Heterosexual is not a sin.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Virgin View Post

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

True wisdom, openly hears what others have to say.
False wisdom closes its mind to other possibilities.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Virgin View Post

Your name is half right.

Welcome.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
Sexual sin is sexual sin. I can't make one nicer than another one just because I love a person who is doing it.

My niece once lived with a married man and the family was heart sick about it. Thank God she decided to stop living that way but adultery is also sinful.

Now we want to condone all types of sex as not being sinful, but it still is. We can't tell God it's not sinful when He told us it was. Our secular society wants to say nothing is sinful now, especially sexual sins even when we can see how harmful it is.

Loving the person but not the sin is hard but we must do it.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
...snip...

Exactly.

Which explains why so many of us are fond of you, even though it requires work.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:35 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,921,731 times
First word in Jesus gospel is "repent."

Not come as you are.

Repentance is turning from self govern to God's govern.

With out God's govern, one remains in sin=rebellion .

If I am choosing to believe, "what I want to believe", I am still in sin.
I am attempting to make God conform to me .
That is neither love nor respect for God.
Jesus has no Lordship in that life.
Calling Jesus "Lord", falsely, is a lie God does not endorse .Matthew 7;21,22,23,

A man that loves God is going to live his life seeking to do those things that 1,most closely represent Him, and 2, obedient to the things the Holy Spirit teaches.

One that submits to Jesus in his life and hungers after pleasing God , Jesus can make the introduction to the Holy Spirit for His tutelage .
Prepare to shelve a great deal of past misinformation, and be taught anew.
But if one is stubborn with past teaching, and holding to some sin (rebellion),this prevents the Holy Spirit tutelage .

Between you and I there can be no friendship with out learning trust.
The same holds true with God .
Trust is a debt man owes God . Not vise versa .
All of God's provisions are conditional .

It is my contention that most christians fall short ,resting in compromised gospels men teach ,and will answer for on that day.
It is also true that the individual will still be held accountable for not being more serious about the relationship on their own.
False teachers are not an acceptable excuse, come judgment day.
John 15; 2Peter 2;2, 1John 4;1, Revelation 21;8,

Old 11-13-2015, 04:53 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Our secular society wants to say nothing is sinful now, especially sexual sins even when we can see how harmful it is.
Secular society has NOTHING to do with sin! Sin is strictly between each individual and whatever God they believe in, period. There is no role for sin in secular society. It is completely irrelevant. We are to focus on our own issues, not be busybodies in anyone else's. This seems particularly difficult for would-be dictators among the religious. MYOB!!!

Old 11-13-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Exactly.

Which explains why so many of us are fond of you, even though it requires work.
Where have I sinned? Please tell.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Secular society has NOTHING to do with sin! Sin is strictly between each individual and whatever God they believe in, period. There is no role for sin in secular society. It is completely irrelevant. We are to focus on our own issues, not be busybodies in anyone else's. This seems particularly difficult for would-be dictators among the religious. MYOB!!!
Exactly----secular society=no sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity