Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 04:32 PM

52 posts, read 31,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If this was by Islamists doing what they believe the Koran and Allah tells them to do than it has God involved. I see secular society is helpless to prevent it.

The "god" of Islam is not the God of Creation.

The Bible is very clear there are only TWO Kingdoms on earth and all men
worship either the King of Heaven or the King of Babylon. The fact that MOST of the people
worshipping Satan do so unwittingly - is of no consequence whatsoever.

Being unaware is the very nature of (Satan's) deception.

Anyone NOT following the God of the Bible is following Satan... it makes no difference
if they do so as a Moslem or Buddhist or Hindu or Secular Humanist or Atheist or pagan.

So your suggestion - that Moslems represent God... is totally incorrect.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:35 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,875,295 times
We Christians take some liberty in claiming to be saved ( inspite of being correct). This open judgement of ourselves is a quirk among "saved" and boastful to many if not obnoxious to others not having that distinc -tion or mindset. Gays who claim to be christian are welcomed in the building or service in most fellowships. Welcomed to pray, and sing or even attend all functions like bible studies, but most often we don't care if a person is gay or know in a few cases. That's where the toleration ( by God) ends coupled with non-gay lukewarmness many of us along with gays manifest. We are all sinners together . None of us will be tolerated ,non of us are true Christians ( a microscopic of exceptions). We non gays and gays are headed for Tribulation and until we repent we are actors ( hypocrits) on a fools journey. Gays defy and spit on Gods covenant of creation and must repent. Christian fakers, slackers and non biblically oriented better clean house themselves to be "caught up" with the church. Both groups are pathetic.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:52 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
We Christians take some liberty in claiming to be saved ( inspite of being correct). This open judgement of ourselves is a quirk among "saved" and boastful to many if not obnoxious to others not having that distinc -tion or mindset. Gays who claim to be christian are welcomed in the building or service in most fellowships. Welcomed to pray, and sing or even attend all functions like bible studies, but most often we don't care if a person is gay or know in a few cases. That's where the toleration ( by God) ends coupled with non-gay lukewarmness many of us along with gays manifest. We are all sinners together . None of us will be tolerated ,non of us are true Christians ( a microscopic of exceptions). We non gays and gays are headed for Tribulation and until we repent we are actors ( hypocrits) on a fools journey. Gays defy and spit on Gods covenant of creation and must repent. Christian fakers, slackers and non biblically oriented better clean house themselves to be "caught up" with the church. Both groups are pathetic.
You miss the distinction of repentant sin vs. unrepentant sin. As a Christian, I avoid sin as much as I can, but when I fail, and I always do, I repent and ask God to forgive me. However, if I sin and I do not repent and remain in the sin, there is no forgiveness and my fellowship with God suffers and my salvation is in jeopardy and it is the duty of the Church to hold me accountable in love to God's standards.

Homosexuals can be Christians, however they must remain celibate or they are living in unrepentant sin. Any Church that is aware of sin becomes complicit if they do not attempt to bring that person back into God's will.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:19 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
You miss the distinction of repentant sin vs. unrepentant sin. As a Christian, I avoid sin as much as I can, but when I fail, and I always do, I repent and ask God to forgive me. However, if I sin and I do not repent and remain in the sin, there is no forgiveness and my fellowship with God suffers and my salvation is in jeopardy and it is the duty of the Church to hold me accountable in love to God's standards.

Homosexuals can be Christians, however they must remain celibate or they are living in unrepentant sin. Any Church that is aware of sin becomes complicit if they do not attempt to bring that person back into God's will.
I agree w/ most of this. However...

Salvation is never in jeopardy. Doesn't mean we are free to sin without consequence... but salvation is preserved through God's faithfulness.

Churches are not complicit in the sins of others.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I agree w/ most of this. However...

Salvation is never in jeopardy. Doesn't mean we are free to sin without consequence... but salvation is preserved through God's faithfulness.
It is your right to disagree. I simply do not believe in the 'lightswitch salvation' preached by most protestant denominations. I believe the Scripture teaches that our path to salvation is made by Christ's sacrifice, but it is still a path we must walk in order to reach the goal.

Quote:
Churches are not complicit in the sins of others.
Perhaps complicit was the wrong word, but if a Church sees sin in their midst and ignores it, they are committing their own sin and will answer for their poor shepherding.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:04 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
It is your right to disagree. I simply do not believe in the 'lightswitch salvation' preached by most protestant denominations. I believe the Scripture teaches that our path to salvation is made by Christ's sacrifice, but it is still a path we must walk in order to reach the goal.
Does Jesus/God make promises regarding salvation?

Old 11-27-2015, 06:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Virgin View Post
WRONG...

Truth is determined by harmony of Scripture.
False wisdom (like you comment above) contradicts harmony of Scripture.

The only measure of Truth is harmony of Scripture... this is Christian theology 101.
Any "knowledge" that does not harmonize with ALL SCRIPTURE (like your comment above)
is already proven to be untrue. Again, this is Christian theology 101.
Quote:
The Lord explained that, within the Kingdom of Heaven, there are MANY (unsaved) tares
and there are FEW (saved) wheat. At any time in history, the vase majority of those
claiming to be "Christian"... are really unsaved tares. [Mat 7:21-23, Luke 13:24-30]

And that is why it is written:

MANY are "called" (by the Christian Gospel)
but FEW are "chosen" (to become saved)
Quote:
You do not seem to understand the nature or definition of "sin"...
it is rebellion against the Creator - and it is not an offense to your "feelings"
or the norms of a society... just ask the inhabitants of Sodom.
I cannot speak to your claim of wearing white honourably on your wedding day, but based upon your posts thus far, you are very far from wise.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Does Jesus/God make promises regarding salvation?
Jesus stated many things regarding salvation, which is why I believe the way that I do. If 'once saved, always saved' is true, then there is no place for forgiveness, repentance or holiness. You just flip the salvation switch and coast into heaven on the wave of grace.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I cannot speak to your claim of wearing white honourably on your wedding day, but based upon your posts thus far, you are very far from wise.

It has been the custom of believers, for thousands of years, to provide
a Biblical reason for disagreeing with a doctrine... otherwise you are only
expressing your personal "feelings" on the matter - and a man's "feelings"
can never establish truth/reality.

If you have some Biblical validation for your comment above - please provide chapter and verse.
Otherwise I will assume you are only expressing your "feelings" and give your comment
no consideration whatsoever.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Jesus stated many things regarding salvation, which is why I believe the way that I do. If 'once saved, always saved' is true, then there is no place for forgiveness, repentance or holiness. You just flip the salvation switch and coast into heaven on the wave of grace.

The question is: WHAT are we saved from?

If the answer is that we are saved from the penalty/payment of our sins,
if the Atonement has already PAID that price for us... then WHAT would we pay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity