Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2016, 09:56 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,829,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I'm Sorry - but this is the Christianity forum. Please save your political rantings for the Politics forum.
That's rich, coming from you, John. You constantly remind us that Jesus was a liberal.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:01 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That's rich, coming from you, John. You constantly remind us that Jesus was a liberal.
If you ACTUALLY read the Gospels, you would see that, when it came to most social issues, Jesus Christ was/is a liberal.
If you can't tell the difference between political and social issues, then I feel sorry for you - or the person who taught you this is a complete moron.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:10 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,735,184 times
Quote:
Now you are beginning to see the real Jesus---one who warned repeatedly of the problem with riches, the sinfulness of hierarchy (respecting position among men), and demanding we forget the worse parts of the "LAW" (as in an eye for an eye---commanded, supposedly by God Himself in the OT).

Jesus was the penultimate liberal. The question is, why aren't you? The answer lies in introspection and comparison of one's heart with His.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:42 AM

88,741 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Now you are beginning to see the real Jesus---one who warned repeatedly of the problem with riches, the sinfulness of hierarchy (respecting position among men), and demanding we forget the worse parts of the "LAW" (as in an eye for an eye---commanded, supposedly by God Himself in the OT).

Jesus was the penultimate liberal. The question is, why aren't you? The answer lies in introspection and comparison of one's heart with His.
OK, I know it's bad form, Warden, to correct someone's grammar on the board, but I think you just meant "ultimate". Penultimate means "second to last".

But wait--The Holy Spirit could be viewed as the ultimate liberal--so there ya go!

(Deep theological thoughts...)

Old 03-23-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
If you ACTUALLY read the Gospels, you would see that, when it came to most social issues, Jesus Christ was/is a liberal.
If you can't tell the difference between political and social issues, then I feel sorry for you - or the person who taught you this is a complete moron.
Exhibit A. You have no business lecturing someone about political rants.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:30 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,735,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
OK, I know it's bad form, Warden, to correct someone's grammar on the board, but I think you just meant "ultimate". Penultimate means "second to last".

But wait--The Holy Spirit could be viewed as the ultimate liberal--so there ya go!

(Deep theological thoughts...)
Thank you. I was an English major, but I think my age is beginning catch up to me as even my wife has pointed out my improper use of words in talking. And memory is sliding, too. Recently I could not recall the name of a cousin I've known for years. So I'm getting posts in while I can.

MysticPhD has informed me of some improper word usage as well.

For so it seemed good in Thy eyes, Lord.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:55 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,231,189 times
Quote:
I'm Sorry - but this is the Christianity forum. Please save your political rantings for the Politics forum.
It would have been OK if he had written "End Times" at the end of it, that would have made it Christian.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:57 AM

88,741 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Thank you. I was an English major, but I think my age is beginning catch up to me as even my wife has pointed out my improper use of words in talking. And memory is sliding, too. Recently I could not recall the name of a cousin I've known for years. So I'm getting posts in while I can.

MysticPhD has informed me of some improper word usage as well.

For so it seemed good in Thy eyes, Lord.
I didn't think you'd mind, since your posts are always so well-written.

I do a little writing, and I belong to a writers group that exchanges work for critique. I enjoy receiving critical feedback on my work--it has helped me a great deal when it's done thoughtfully--but I'm embarrassed when someone catches a dumb word misuse or grammar error of mine. I spent a good deal of my working life catching OTHER people's errors and rewriting some really badly written documents prepared by engineers, who are not always known for their command of written English.

Alas, I am not as perfect as I expect myself to be.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:23 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
Quote:
Exhibit A. You have no business lecturing someone about political rants.
Exhibit A - The phrase "Conservative Christian" is an oxymoron. A person is either a conservative or a Christian. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be both.
For example - If a person punches you on the left side of your face, then Christians are supposed to
A. Shoot the other person.
B. Punch the other person.
C. Run away.
D. Cry
E. ALLOW the other person to punch us on the right side of your face.

If you actually read the Gospels, you would know that the answer is E.

So which candidate is the best Christian - Trump, Cruz, or someone else?
But as I said in the first post, it really doesn't matter.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Exhibit A - The phrase "Conservative Christian" is an oxymoron. A person is either a conservative or a Christian. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be both.
For example - If a person punches you on the left side of your face, then Christians are supposed to
A. Shoot the other person.
B. Punch the other person.
C. Run away.
D. Cry
E. ALLOW the other person to punch us on the right side of your face.

If you actually read the Gospels, you would know that the answer is E.

So which candidate is the best Christian - Trump, Cruz, or someone else?
But as I said in the first post, it really doesn't matter.
You completely missed my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity