Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:29 AM

124 posts, read 118,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Talk to God all day and when you wake up at night , and then repent of sins and ask God to open a way to help you for a start ........ Try to forgive Christians and leaders and anyone that you may have ought against ........ Sow an offering of charity to Jesus , to the work of Jesus ........If the leader of your church are critics of the salvation of Jesus by His authorship then you should change churches .....God will lead you in when He sees your faith
How do I have faith if I have no desire to go out and do something like find a church? I have no idea to where to go. I don't understand steps of faith. I have no confirmation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes, pray where there is no ceiling so they won't hit the ceiling.

I don't know where you get the idea one has to "open one's heart in prayer." Are you expecting some sort of two-way audible communication? That's not going to happen.

We pray to align our will with God's will just as Jesus did in the garden prior to His crucifixion "Not my will but Thine be done!"
My experiences tell otherwise.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This is what I know now about God...if this helps you get closer...
'He, Who has no gender', ha, needs your love way more than you need ''His".

Sounds odd, doesn't it..with all our concepts of this eternal loving Light blazing
in some place called Heaven...but, actually God is like a baby...with a heart
that is so purely in need, so vulnerable, so exposed, just eternally wanting...
waiting....yearning and longing for that one second when a human heart
acknowledges Him, sees Him and gets a glimpse of Who He really Is.

You cannot love something if you do not know it. God so desperately wants
to be k-n-o-w-n....otherwise you are loving an idea of this Spirit, the Creator.

So praying is wonderful...it aligns our heart and soul and mind to God's Frequency.
But, to sit in stillness...and if your mind should make a peep...then say to God within yourself...I want You...
I know You are there...I have prepared a place for you ...
in my stillness You can come and be at home...I will wait for You.
I trust you...come when You are ready...I will wait.

Make a time regularly to sit and open your self with your quiet, sweet desire ...and
unlike what others say...He will speak...
He will come...up-close and personal.Wait a year, wait 2...because there is no time in God's World...He will come...and speak complete sentences to you within yourself.
But, He only comes when there is stillness that has been made for Him.
This does not come from a book or speculation...it is from direct experience.
Review Psalm 139
Thank you! Best ever

Old 04-05-2016, 06:48 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,857 times
There is a certain mechanics involved in the process. First you have to understand that "soul" is not eternal. It is a mortal thing - it is the essence and life force of the individual. So as far as opening your heart or being to God...what is that exactly? It may have something to do with the holy spirit. In other words - eternity...the endless universe....the power of creation - GOD.

The first part of the process is the emptying of the old you. The frightened you-the dark you..the self destructive you. THEN an invite has to take place. You request the universe or GOD as you perceive it to enter your being and LIVE in YOU.

This I believe is the born again process. It is a daunting task to abandon the old you and in reality let the old you perish. God is like a symbiotic thing...a good parasite...You allow this entity to live in you ...in effect you give the universe a physical life and it in turn sustains you. The only wealth you have is hope- which is faith.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:52 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
How do I have faith if I have no desire to go out and do something like find a church? I have no idea to where to go. I don't understand steps of faith. I have no confirmation
You are the church - the truth has always resided in you ... As Christ said "Why do you doubt?" - What that means is why do you doubt your own perception. If you sense God and feel that presence...go with the flow...go with your instincts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity