Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2019, 05:46 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry, Rose, you have it wrong. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ because you are saved...." by what He accomplished for us all.
Dear Mystic: Rose despises having it wrong

Salvation is in the present continuous tense in koine (with other aspects of Father).

We are saved>>>We are being saved>>>>We will be saved

http://jonathanmitchellnewtestament....ed-techniques/

Old 06-09-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Sorry, Rose, you have it wrong. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ because you are saved...." by what He accomplished for us all.
Dear Mystic: The glorious enterprise of our Lord and Saviour is difficult to express in any language. In fact it is in the realm of "exceedingly above."

I cannot grasp the magnitude of "what He accomplished for us all."

My precious grandmother said>>>

"It is better felt than telt."

Old 06-09-2019, 07:33 PM

421 posts, read 153,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Hello! Is anybody there?
I read this thread every day. It makes me Happy.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:43 PM

889 posts, read 825,586 times
Universalism - Uni for one, versa - complete, lism - rubbish.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:42 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Mystic: Rose despises having it wrong
Salvation is in the present continuous tense in koine (with other aspects of Father).
We are saved>>>We are being saved>>>>We will be saved
Jonathan Mitchell's New Testament Translation - Advanced Techniques
My statement was too harsh and myopic, Rose. It is obviously in the present continuous tense since His achievement is and has been ongoing. However, WE still have nothing to do with it - only with what we build on Christ's foundation of perfect love.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Universalism - Uni for one, versa - complete, lism - rubbish.
Dear Good: You are not singing in antiphonal chorus. One day the following may dawn on you.

Secret=

apokruphos = Hidden/ kept secret

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance—the forgiveness of our offences—so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it—the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you..."

Old 06-10-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
I read this thread every day. It makes me Happy.
Dear hball: As you faithfully trot over to this link on a daily basis, I trust "happy" will expand to exceeding joy. It is good seeing you again. Our God is so good!

Old 06-10-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
My statement was too harsh and myopic, Rose. It is obviously in the present continuous tense since His achievement is and has been ongoing. However, WE still have nothing to do with it - only with what we build on Christ's foundation of perfect love.
Dear Mystic: I actually had to explore the meaning of "myopic", that should demonstrate how slow I am.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/myopic

I now know I suffer spiritually from myopic vision of our God of splendor. This shall change as He sees fit to open more of me/us to the inner laminar spheres of the unspeakable unknown!

Yes, Mystic,

WE still have nothing to do with it - only with what we build on Christ's foundation of perfect love.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:50 AM

There is a constant in my concept of Father's Plan. He is the Source, the Guide & the Goal of the all, the ta panta. I am in complete agreement that when this aeon is over the theology of hell's corruption will be swallowed up with all aspects of death & death's domain.

In the final analysis, His mighty purpose in the Lord Jesus Christ prevails. The sooner we begin to be aligned into Him, the sooner our being can be opened to the ongoing wonder of our great God.

The Inescapable Love of God -Thomas Talbott-

“The corrective effects of kolasis aionios last forever. But as a means to an end, it will not last any longer than is necessary to produce the end for which it exists in the first place. When we finally weary of our own selfishness, petty jealousies, and lust for power; when we learn at last, perhaps through bitter experience, that these lead only to ruin and cannot bring enduring happiness, that nothing short of union with God and reconciliation with others will satisfy our own deepest yearnings; when we discover that the Hound of Heaven has finally closed off every alternative to such a union, we shall then, each of us, finally embrace the destiny that is ours.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa0iifBhOoM

Old 06-11-2019, 07:22 AM

Thomas Talbott- The Inescapable Love of God - 2nd Edition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity