Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 05:17 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times

Advertisements

“I thank God that He has at last brought me to a lively sense of His infinite goodness and mercy to all, and that I now see it in all His works, and in every page of His Word. It has taught me to love every man and to rejoice in the happiness which our Heavenly Father intends for all; and has dispersed all the gloomy and melancholy thoughts which arise from the apprehension of eternal misery for myself or friends.

How long, or how much God will punish wicked men, He has nowhere said, and therefore I cannot tell. But this I am sure of, that in judgment He will remember mercy; that He chastens only because He loves, and His tender mercies are over all His works. God will conduct the wicked through all the afflictions which He thinks fit to lay upon them for their good, with infinite tenderness and compassion.” - Dr. David Hartley-

Assuredly the Bible is not the story of sin, deepening into eternal ruin, of God’s Son, worsted in His utmost effort; it is from the opening to the close the story of grace stronger than sin–of life victorious over every form of death–of God triumphing over evil.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:04 AM

“Christ Jesus will deliver all mankind out of bondage. This I see to be a truth by testimony of Scripture, as God is pleased to teach me. But this mystery of God is not to be done all at once, but in several dispensations, some whereof are past, some are in being, and some are yet to come. The whole creation of mankind, which is God’s work, shall be delivered from corruption, bondage, death, and pain. Mankind shall be by Christ reconciled to his Maker and be made one in spirit with Him; i.e. the curse shall be removed, and the power of it killed and consumed.

Truly this is according to the current of the whole Scriptures, that everyone shall be made of one heart and one spirit, i.e. that all shall be brought to obey the Father, walk humbly before Him, and live in peace and love in Him. This is the doctrine of Christ and the gospel. This is glad tidings to hear of. When you are made to enjoy this doctrine as yours, then you shall know what it is to know the Son, and what it is to be set free by the Son.” – Gerard Winstanley- (The mystery of God)

No more let sin and sorrow grow
Nor thorns infest the ground:
He comes to make his blessings flow
Far as the curse is found,
Far as the curse is found,
Far as, far as the curse is found.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:16 AM

“It is so. We read it in the book of God, that word and truth and gospel of our salvation, that as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Yes Doddridge, it is so. The fruit of our Redeemer’s sufferings and victory is the entire and eternal destruction of sin and death for everyone. And is it not a glorious destruction? A most blessed ruin? No enemy so formidable, no tyranny so bitter, no fetters so heavy and galling, no prison so dark and dismal, but they are vanquished and disarmed; the unerring dart is blunted and broken, the prison pulled down and razed. Our Lord is risen as the first fruits of them that slept.” -letter to Dr. P. Doddridge from Henry J. Barker-

"Behold, I make all things new"

New= kainos = without precedent

New in form and quality

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 05-23-2019 at 06:30 AM..

Old 05-24-2019, 02:17 PM

“God can never punish any, more than is necessary for his reformation. He cannot mistake in the choice of His means, and must always reach His end. He would appear less lovely if one creature should be forever miserable.”

Our God is the Alpha & Omega

The word for today=

anakainoo

anakainoo=

To make new/ to renew.

Present progressive renewal of the inner man.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:43 PM

“It is argued that whatever be the meaning of the word aionios in the case of the lost, the same must be its meaning in the case of the saved; and our certainty of never-ending bliss for penitent believers is gone if the word bears not the same signification in the case of the impenitent and unbelieving. But the truth is that this word describes not the quantity or duration, but the quality of that which it is predicated.

The word which in Matt. 25:46 we translate punishment, in its primary sense means ‘pruning’ and is always used for corrective discipline which is for the improvement of him who suffers it. Even those who hold the common view of the endlessness of punishment are obliged to confess this; and this of itself proves that their doctrine is untenable; for any punishment, be it for a longer or shorter time would not be corrective discipline, but quite another thing if it left those who were so corrected unimproved and lost forever. But from the fall till now the changeless way of the Lord is to make even the curse a blessing.” -Andrew Jukes

Old 05-25-2019, 04:44 AM

Whose will prevails?

”Tradition has taught that God will not save a person against their will. I agree. However He has the power to orchestrate whatever circumstances are necessary to effect one’s will to change.

Once a full revelation of God is received in the ages to come (Eph. 2:7), men will bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord just as Isaiah and Paul prophesied (Is. 45:21-25; Rom. 4:11; Ph. 2:9-11). Who would want to continue in active and persistent rebellion knowing God only wants what is best for them? Knowing the great goodness and love of God, along with the Holy Spirit working in their hearts, these hardened hearts must melt before His glorious being.

It is impossible that an omnipotent God can fail in His purpose so that some would forever resist unconditional love opting for everlasting pain. This would be totally irrational. And even if one were that irrational, such resistance would not arise out of a ‘free’ will, but an ‘enslaved’ will, a will in bondage to an enslaved mind.” -Gerry Beauchemin-

Word for today=

boulema

boulema=

A deliberate design/ that which is purposed.

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

Old 05-25-2019, 07:27 AM

Greek-English Lexicon Of The New Testament by William F. Arndt & Wilbur Gingrich

ta; pavnta.

In the abs. sense of the whole of creation all things, the universe.

(Pla., Ep. 6 p. 323d tw’n pavntwn qeov"; hymn to Selene in EAbel, Orphica [1885] 294, 36 eij" se; ta; pavnta teleuta’ [s. 2ad above]; Herm. Wr. 13, 17 t. ktivsanta ta; pavnta; Philo, Spec. Leg. 1, 208, Rer. Div. Her. 36, Somn. 1, 241; PGM 1, 212 kuvrie tw’n pavntwn; 4, 3077) Ro 11:36 (Musaeus in Diog. L. 1, 3 ejx eJno;" ta; pavnta givnesqai kai; eij" taujto;n ajnaluvesqai. Cf. Norden, Agn. Th. 240-50); 1 Cor 8:6a, b; 15:28a, b; Eph 3:9; 4:10b; Phil 3:21; Col 1:16a, b, 17>b (HHegermann, D. Vorstellung vom Schöpfungsmittler etc., TU 82, '61, 88ff); Hb 1:3; 2:10a, b; Rv 4:11; 1 Cl 34:2; PK 2 p. 13 (four times).

—In the relative sense, indicated by the context, everything (Kupr. I p. 42 no. 29 ta;" stoa;" kai; ta; ejn aujtai’" pavnta; PGiess. 2, 14 [II bc] in a bill: ta; p.=‘everything taken together’) ejn parabolai’" ta; pavnta givnetai everything (=all the preaching) is in parables Mk 4:11. Cf. Ac 17:25b; Ro 8:32b.

Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming

“And God purposed through Him to reconcile the universe to Himself, making peace through His blood, which was shed upon the Cross–to reconcile to Himself through Him, I say, things on earth and things in Heaven.”

Old 05-26-2019, 08:04 AM

“The culmination of God’s Word is found in 1 Corinthian's 15 when God becomes All in all.

The book of Revelation does not take us quite this far. Corruption is eliminated and our bodies are now incorruptible. The worst enemy of all, death, has been abolished.

The salvation of all has not meant the ignoring of sin.

The lake of fire, the second death has accomplished its work. All men now recognize the wondrous ways of God and His grace as expressed through the work of Christ. The salvation of all does not negate or minimize the work of the cross. The work of Christ upon the cross and the power of God as displayed through the resurrection, were both very necessary.

But now at the end of the ages we see the true scope of God’s work.

Despite the sin and rebellion of humanity, God has found a way to bring every soul to the point of acceptance. The ages have ended. The purpose of the eons has now been fulfilled; to reconcile all to God. Wickedness and evil are gone. Death is no more. God is love, and He is All in all. Eternal life in perfection has begun.” -Bob Evely-

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

Old 05-26-2019, 08:29 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
So in other words you don't believe the new testament nor any thing Jesus taught ,except to cherry pick certain passages that fit your agenda . I see .
You will stand in judgment before Him ,His Lordship does not function in you, nor the Holy Spirit that He alone provides .
Preferring the words of men over Jesus. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Judgment Jesus is warned through out His gospel ,and you dare to minimize it . not the work of God but of Satan.

Last edited by arleigh; 05-26-2019 at 08:37 AM..

Old 05-26-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
So in other words you don't believe the new testament nor any thing Jesus taught ,except to cherry pick certain passages that fit your agenda . I see .
You will stand in judgment before Him ,His Lordship does not function in you, nor the Holy Spirit that He alone provides .
Preferring the words of men over Jesus. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Judgment Jesus is warned through out His gospel ,and you dare to minimize it . not the work of God but of Satan.
Dear Arleigh: The Master of Reconciliation, the Lord Jesus Christ, loses nothing! If one thinks leftover pieces of bread and fish are more important than the souls for whom He made reconciliation, think again.

When He declares He will draw, drag off with power ALL mankind unto Himself, that my friend He will do!

Assuredly the Bible is not the story of sin, deepening into eternal ruin, of God’s Son, worsted in His utmost effort; it is from the opening to the close the story of grace stronger than sin–of life victorious over every form of death–of God triumphing over evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity