Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 01:22 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, you received a free pass without making any changes?
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 01:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It takes faith to believe in that which you have not seen, no faith is required from someone who doesn't believe.
Disagreed.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about.
The wedding invitation. Or have you not received your yet?. There's a wedding happening and free invitations have been handed out, Finn and Jimmie have theirs and accepted the invite, just be aware there is somewhere on the invite about wearing the right clothes. Do you know who is getting married?.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:47 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The wedding invitation. Or have you not received your yet?. There's a wedding happening and free invitations have been handed out, Finn and Jimmie have theirs and accepted the invite, just be aware there is somewhere on the invite about wearing the right clothes. Do you know who is getting married?.
It's bad enough dealing with false doctrine... now you are adding in parables of false doctrine. I'm not going to figure it out.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:1-8 - 1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

Paul provides the gospel message that is able to save any human being when it is received.

Jesus Christ died for our sins.

He was buried.

He was raised to new life. The raising to new life was a physical resurrection, being that He was seen by hundreds of people (minimum).

Believe this and God will ensure your salvation.
Saved from what ?

Did you notice the absence of anything to do with anyone ending up in eternal hell in the gospel Paul said he preached ?. Maybe the Apostles who conveniently left it out because like someone on here they are embarrassed to admit they believe in it, forgot to tell Paul about it, but hang on maybe Jesus forgot to tell him, because if i remember right, Paul said it was Jesus who gave him the gospel.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:20 PM

33,253 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
As I said, just an assertion in contravention to what Jesus taught. The question was whether that commitment was a "work of merit" in contrast to "believe," which you assert is not.

Just answer the question.
Again, I did answer the question, and very clearly in post #31. And Jesus taught that salvation was a gift for the asking. Not something you had to earn.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:23 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
Quote:
It's bad enough dealing with false doctrine... now you are adding in parables of false doctrine. I'm not going to figure it out.
Good for you, DRob4JC I wouldn't answer any of these individuals post, period. It's not worth the time to play such awful games. Let God deal with the ones who are trying to deflect from His truth. And that is all it is.
It's sad they do not know the blessed Lord Jesus, it's obvious by their posting, a true believer in the Lord Jesus wouldn't even think to behave in such ways.

Thank for a good thread there are those who are seeking truth and God will lead them to those who truly walk in His Spirit when they post His truth

Blessings to you, Kind Sir!

Old 05-28-2018, 02:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Again, I did answer the question, and very clearly in post #31. And Jesus taught that salvation was a gift for the asking. Not something you had to earn.
If you have to ask, is it a gift?

Old 05-28-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Well, the Finn and Jimmie double act told us we need to accept an invitation to the wedding of the son, i asked them who is getting married to Jesus and for some reason they won't tell me. Maybe they falsely interpreted the parabe to be about a wedding in heaven for christians, i don't know you tell me, it's a strange doctrine if you ask me.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:37 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Christians consider 1 Cor. 15 to be undeniable proof that Jesus was resurrected from the dead because Jesus was seen by more than 500 people after the crucifixion. This overlooks a couple of important facts. First, 1 Cor. represents a single testimony, that of Paul, and not 500 eyewitness reports. And second, Paul did not become converted to Christianity until some few years after Jesus was crucified. Paul was not a personal witness to any of the claimed post crucifixion sightings of the resurrected Jesus.

Is the story of the 500 seeing the resurrected Jesus a realistic story?
Read the Terms of Service at city-data.com for the Christianity forum. It's a given that Jesus exists on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity